Blast Straps from EliteFTS

[quote]skizac wrote:
The best thing you can get for working out on the road is some Jumpstretch bands or some Fabled Cables from Ironmind. The variety of movements you can do with bands is immense.[/quote]

agreed

Mate - get a doorway chim-up bar off ebay for about $10 & attach your straps to that - thats my plan for a 3 week trek through Asian hotels in Feb

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:
They’re very good, but like malone touched on it may be difficult to find a good area to set it up- pullup bars work and not much else.[/quote]

I reckon a Smith m/c would do fine.

i have these

http://ringtraining.com/shop/elite-rings.html

60 bucks free shipping in canada and uk

works great for pushups and rows.

my shoulders feel very healthy when i am regularly doing ring pushups

Get the new elite rings from ring training.com They are adjustable with actual measurements on the straps for exact placement of the rings, and they can used in doorways(rows, pushups). I tried a trx out, and didn’t like the adjustability of the product(limited height that you can use it,and awkward setup compared to rings), nor the handle setup. Trx is not worth the 140 bucks imo.

don’t buy ones that have the buckles close to the handles. It will beat up your arms if you don’t have situated just right.

I was given the TRX for when I travel. It isn’t great, but as far as for people that travel or are in an area where a gym is not an option, it is a viable solution. I haven’t had any of the problems with the handles bending or any of that, but again, this is a personal set not one that has to be shared, so it might be an abuse issue with the set at the gym from the previous poster. The bonus is that they pack up small, are light, and can quite literally be set up anywhere.

Overall, I would say they aren’t bad for maintaining or if you just need a change of pace for a week or two. I can’t say that I have gotten stronger using them, but I also find it hard to get a challenging load on most of the exercises. Instead, I usually use it as more of a conditioning tool where I just keep the pace high and go from exercise to exercise with as little rest as possible.

You can make your own for very little money.

Here is a video of how to do it:

I bought the blast straps. They were too heavy and bulky to travel with so I returned them. I found an internet video showing how to make rings out of pvc pipe. I did that and love them. They’re light wieght and strong. If you don’t want to make your own rings i would suggest the elite rings also

I dont get how the jungle gym works and what’s the difference between the different versions?

[quote]fctilidie wrote:
You can make your own for very little money.

Here is a video of how to do it:

I made a homebrew TRX. You can make an easy doorway anchor by wrapping an ATV or motorcycle soft-tie around a piece of PVC.

I mostly do push ups and some of the upper back exercises on it. I’ve found the leg exercises to be a little awkward. I wind up doing a lot of squats with bands for legs. The combo works pretty well.

Another resurrection.

I don’t have these, but they seem fucking awesome. Can you do dips with them (kinda like ring dips)?

[quote]xjusticex2013x wrote:
I don’t have these, but they seem fucking awesome. Can you do dips with them (kinda like ring dips)?[/quote]

Yes. Dips, chins, suspended push ups, any number of row variations, and abdominal work. Blast straps kick ass. All you really need is a solid object to attach them to, or a sled.