T Nation

Blast Straps from EliteFTS

Blast straps form EFTS

I travel almost every single day of the year and stay in hotels all across the US and abroad-with most hotel gyms being so bad I was thinking about getting these. Anyone Try them out?

There’s nothing wrong with them, but how do you plan on using them in hotel rooms?

well I was thinking more of taking them to the hotel gyms and attempting to attach them to whatever I could find…or even to near by parks-really anything I can find

They’re very good, but like malone touched on it may be difficult to find a good area to set it up- pullup bars work and not much else.

I use the jungle gym from Lifeline. It easily attaches to a door and the price is very reasonable. It’s sturdy as well. I weigh 215 and I put on a 40 pound weight vest when I do some exercises on it.

http://www.lifelineusa.com/en/products/jungle-gyms?section=muscle-building

I’ve got the blast straps & all I have to say is that if you are looking to anchor them into hotel gyms make sure whatever the straps are fastened to is bolted to the floor lol - not many hotels I know of have a cage to strap into :frowning:

Seriously Google map wherever it is you are staying for business & kick in the $$ for a pass at a semi-decent local gym if you want more than maintenance lifts

Do you travel by car?

A guy i used to work with got fairly strong using weighted vests, rings/blast straps, sand bags and a harness/sled [also pulled his car with harness].

Over the years he had been on the road [working Oil/gas] he had gotten up to some pretty advanced gymnastics lifts/moves.

If you travel by plane then weighted stuff will be more of a hassle.

But they should be ok.

That or a pass to a very widespread chain gym or two.

-chris

[quote]medic33 wrote:
I use the jungle gym from Lifeline. It easily attaches to a door and the price is very reasonable. It’s sturdy as well. I weigh 215 and I put on a 40 pound weight vest when I do some exercises on it.

http://www.lifelineusa.com/en/products/jungle-gyms?section=muscle-building [/quote]

Thanks for the info-these may work even better. Thanks a lot

[quote]Avocado wrote:
Do you travel by car?

A guy i used to work with got fairly strong using weighted vests, rings/blast straps, sand bags and a harness/sled [also pulled his car with harness].

Over the years he had been on the road [working Oil/gas] he had gotten up to some pretty advanced gymnastics lifts/moves.

If you travel by plane then weighted stuff will be more of a hassle.

But they should be ok.

That or a pass to a very widespread chain gym or two.

-chris[/quote]

No man, unfortunately all of my travel is done on planes. Thanks for the input though

The best thing you can get for working out on the road is some Jumpstretch bands or some Fabled Cables from Ironmind. The variety of movements you can do with bands is immense.

www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/499/-some good ideas

Also check out Pavel’s Naked Warrior book

I have both the EFS blast straps and the rings. Both are collecting dust as I type this. I think you are better off getting Standard TNT http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=138&pid=1205 or as Cprimero suggested get Pavel’s Naked Warrior book/dvd.

[quote]Cprimero wrote:
www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/499/-some good ideas

Also check out Pavel’s Naked Warrior book[/quote]

Muchas gracias hermano- I will definitely check this out

I have the Blast Straps, and I like them, but they are not quite as versatile or as quick and easy to adjust as you’d think. And they might not be good if you are traveling and need a door to anchor them to.

However, I highly recommend the TRX Suspension Training system. These can be anchored to a door and are quick and easy to adjust and are just freakin’ sweet:

http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/

They are great, but they are also pretty easily made.

Anybody have any luck with the TRX Suspension straps? Thinking about using these on an upcoming deployment to Afghanistan. Price is a little steep, $200 bucks, but if they’re worth it…

I’ve been looking at the www.vegasprostraps.com, they look pretty solid.

Personally, I’m a big fan of gymnastic rings. Haven’t tried the TRX, but I know you can’t do muscle-ups on blast straps.

[quote]animus wrote:
Personally, I’m a big fan of gymnastic rings. Haven’t tried the TRX, but I know you can’t do muscle-ups on blast straps.[/quote]

Why not? They’re not optimal, but they’re still doable.

[quote]solid0351 wrote:
Anybody have any luck with the TRX Suspension straps? Thinking about using these on an upcoming deployment to Afghanistan. Price is a little steep, $200 bucks, but if they’re worth it…[/quote]

They have these at my gym, they are attached to the one power rack. To me their only purpose is to piss me off by making me wait to squat while some old person is doing one legged squats while leaning back and holding on to the handles, or people doing push-ups at about a 70 degree angle from the ground, ugh…

Anyway, I once tried to use them do inverted rows and I didn’t like them. I weigh around 240 and once I started to put my weight on them I could feel them stretch out a decent amount, which probably isn’t optimal, and the handles were really thickly padded and felt like the had plastic in the center because it was bending while I was holding it. I am heavy, but not that heavy, and my feet were on the ground so it was only a portion of my weight that it was having such a hard time with.