T Nation

Blast and Cruise and Recovery

For recovering after a blast and cruise, does it really make much of a difference how long you’re on once you go past 8 months or so? I am assuming the user has a well thought out PCT (GnRH, Clomid, Aromasin) and used hcg through out the cycle.

For example, if a user B&Ced for 2 years, used HCG throughout and used a combination of GnRH, Clomid, Torem and Aromasin in an aggressive PCT, would said hypothetical user’s PCT really be anymore miserable than it would be if they B&Ced for only 1 year?

I haven’t B&C, but I would expect that once you go past a certain point recovery is going to suck and it won’t suck much more no matter how much longer you’re on.

Thoughts?

Sorry if this seems obvious, but I haven’t heard anything relating cycle length and recovery other “some bro” said “the longer you’re on, the tougher recovery” a long time ago. I’m just trying to challenge that.

Studies of testosterone enanthate used as a contraceptive.

All subjects recovered normal biomarkers after 6 months maximum and that’s after being on for at least a year. The dosage used was nothing compared to cycling but it’s food for thought. Also, no PCT was done, so recovery should be much faster with the correct PCT.

I think for most people, it’s possible to recover from extended (ab)use provided PCT is up to scratch as HCG is used correctly. The tough part is sitting it out. Even if it takes two months to recover fully, thats a long time to feel like shit, but that’s the price you pay.

For some people with a sensitive HTPA, extended use is likely going to leave you on TRT for life. For anyone starting out, I’d say it’s best to start small, with a two week cycle and see how you recover. Then try a four weeker, etc. and assess your tolerance. If you suffer from even a short cycle, then doing a longer cycle and/or using supressive gear like deca or very long esters like eq is likely a very very bad idea.

I tried to discuss this at another forum and I also tried to challenge the bro theory that trenbolone had magically long term suppressive capabilities just because “its a 19-nor bro” (basically I was pointing out that it being derived from 19-nortestosterone is of no relevance, much like how anavar being derived from DHT doesnt mean anything)

Was met with less than welcoming remarks.

I haven’t used AAS myself but I’ve been researching for a few years now. From what I understand the problem with long term use is leydig cell death, and AFAIK HCG can reverse this (hence protocols using high dose HCG such as the power pct by Dr Scally) but I think the research is inconclusive to suggest if there a point where it would no longer matter if you kept going.

AFAIK most of the cases where users have failed to recover from a cycle or taken over 6 months to see improvements, they’ve usually only attempted SERM therapy alone, which again from what I understand, is woefully ineffective for the most part.

I’m not sure if there would ever be a simple answer you are looking at a problem with a multitude of influencing factors.

Thanks for the response guys. It just seems more intelligent to me to have 1-3 shitty months when you choose to come off than to have a shitty month or two several times a year. For someone who competes and cycles frequently b&C seems to be the only way to go.

With all the recovery compounds out there, it seems any negatives regarding long term use can be cancelled/minimized, although complete recovery will almost inevitably take longer than 1 month.