T Nation

Bland Food Suggestions?

Umm…

I tried to eat plain oatmeal as well as plain yogurt. Not gonna happen. How do you all get through it.

While I like my yoplait and quaker flavored crap, I’m a little concerned about the grams of sugar in these.

I’m looking for help getting the very bland and or nasty testured foods down. It doesn’t have to be limited to the two I mentioned.

Starkmann

Cinnamon is a great spice, pretty much my staple. For the Yogurt you could use those no sugar coffee syrups, they come in pretty much every flavor.

1 scoop vanilla Grow!
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup water
blueberries
microwave 2 minutes
mix in 1 cup low fat cottage cheese

You can get used to just about any food if you eat it long enough, even oatmeal. But what’s the point in doing that when you can make something tasty like blueberry oatmeal! Plus, it’s still healthy…berries are low on the glycemic index.

Frozen or fresh berries. Alot of stuff should be in season soon, and they are a great natural sources of vitamins.
It’s an extra step but a food processor or blender adds a nice touch.

Cocoa powder and splenda makes anything chocolately…

Cottage cheese may also be a bit bland. I like some chocolate Low-Carb Grow! and a bit of peanut butter in it.

Oatmeals is fine, maybe throw a scoop on that too. You’ll get used to the oatmeal as soon as you get used to not eating sugary shit all the time.

Yogurt might be alright with some fruit added to it, but not too much.

[quote]starkmann wrote:
Umm…

I tried to eat plain oatmeal as well as plain yogurt. Not gonna happen. How do you all get through it.

While I like my yoplait and quaker flavored crap, I’m a little concerned about the grams of sugar in these.

I’m looking for help getting the very bland and or nasty testured foods down. It doesn’t have to be limited to the two I mentioned.

Starkmann[/quote]

It’s just food, so who cares if it’s bland. Just eat it!
I’d rather eat good, healthy foods that that sugary crap.

I second what Lexie worte. Plus in time you will actually begin to like REAL food and WANT it. your taste buds will not be so used to the sugar laden crap and will get snsitive to the REAL flavors.

Good luck.

Oh try adding fruit berries etc.

Also Grow!

Hope that helps,
Phill