Blame Pacman

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:
Blame Money May

So even though I don’t really care that much about this fight anymore I feel that since I started this thread I have a moral duty to come back and update everyone on the situation…

While Bob Arum was running his crusty old mouth on a litany of questionable reasons for Manny’s avoiding Floyd, the Filipino superstar himself was starting to worry about people not liking him anymore. He says that he’s open to the fight and soon afterwards Mayweather takes another step forward, literally calling him out. I mean he literally picks up the phone, dials Manny at home and demands the fight. Except by “demands the fight” I mean he demands a 60-40 split in favor of guess who?

The Pacman tries to bargain for 50-50, which is no doubt greeted with hoots of laughter from the Mayweather clan, and then for 55-45 (to the winner) which is treated with a similar amount of derision.

All of this is apart from the fact that Manny has dropped a lawsuit, agreed to drug testing, and was basically taking a date that was convenient to a woman-beater. Time to change the thread title mods…[/quote]

Source?

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/171341-mayweather-koncz-offer-different-accounts-of-pacquiao-talks

There’s been a bunch more articles on the topic, but I was giving Floyd time to acquit himself by saying “What? I offered that motherfucker 50-50! What the fuck are these guys even talking about?!” and in doing so forgot where I’d read them. Needless to say, no such comment from the pretty boy ever surfaced, and I had to kick myself again for being a more optimistic fight fan than I let on.

I remember last year when I thought this fight was going to happen. I was so happy.

I think 50-50 or 55-45 favoring the winner are reasonable. I also think Mayweather should be favored to get the 55.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:
Blame Money May

So even though I don’t really care that much about this fight anymore I feel that since I started this thread I have a moral duty to come back and update everyone on the situation…

While Bob Arum was running his crusty old mouth on a litany of questionable reasons for Manny’s avoiding Floyd, the Filipino superstar himself was starting to worry about people not liking him anymore. He says that he’s open to the fight and soon afterwards Mayweather takes another step forward, literally calling him out. I mean he literally picks up the phone, dials Manny at home and demands the fight. Except by “demands the fight” I mean he demands a 60-40 split in favor of guess who?

The Pacman tries to bargain for 50-50, which is no doubt greeted with hoots of laughter from the Mayweather clan, and then for 55-45 (to the winner) which is treated with a similar amount of derision.

All of this is apart from the fact that Manny has dropped a lawsuit, agreed to drug testing, and was basically taking a date that was convenient to a woman-beater. Time to change the thread title mods…[/quote]

Just to clarify this post a bit Mayweather didn’t even offer a 60-40 deal. He offered a 40 million guaranteed deal to Pac and Mayweather keeps 100% of the PPV revenue. Considering how big the fight would be that proposal is laughable.

I dont think either side really wanted to make the fight at that point though. Arum and Pacs camp had been talking weeks before that about Pacs next fight and the only names they ever mentioned were Bradley, Cotto, and JMM. Mayweather probably almost had the Cotto fight made so he just priced himself out with Pac. Although I think before Floyd legitimately was trying to get the Pac fight.

I still can’t believe this fight hasn’t been made yet.