T Nation

Blame Excess Testosterone!

This is too funny.  My wife started reading this to me last night and I was almost in tears laughing from the stupidity of it.

First magazine, May 7, 2007 issue, page 28:

“Blame excess testosterone! When the body is stressed, it produces more insulin to burn sugar for energy. That’s helpful in the short term, but chronically high insulin levels cause spikes in testosterone. The body has evolved to consider a high testosterone level to be a sign of “fight or flight” mode, so it hoards fat in the belly for use as fuel during extremely stressful situations. But most women today don’t experience life-or-death scenarios regularly, so the stored belly fat is rarely burned for energy.”

And on page 30:

“Simply listening to your iPod or portable radio as you walk will help you lose double the testosterone-induced belly fat, according to research conducted at Fairlegh Dickinson University in Teaneck, New Jersey. The reason: Enjoying your favorite tunes (regardless of type or tempo) while you exercise cuts stress-induced testosterone production by 50 percent, compared with walking in silence. This means less of the hormone is available to trigger the storage of belly fat.”

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!! It’s melting, my brain is melting!!!

I woudnt be suprized if excess stress caused higher testosterone levels.

But no one listens to calming music when they lift.