Blades of Glory Review

Saw it, loved it.

Ferrel is hilarious. Napoleon is hilarious. Craig T. Nelson is Hilarious.

The North Korean Footage of the Iron Lotus made me almost fall out of my chair.

Just a really good movie that will make you laugh.

Sure, it’s the same formula that has been used for Anchorman and Talladega Nights, but it works for me and it’s worth the matinee price for admission.

B.

I think tat Blades of GLory was Better than Talledaga and at least on par with Anchorman. As for there being a formula… yeah, I agree. who cares!, I laugh my ass off every time I see the movie and thats what they’re for!

I was not a fan of “Talladega Nights”. The little kids were the funniest part of that flick.

The first skate scene together where they skated to that song from Armageddon was ridiculous, it was hard for the rest of the movie to live up to that scene.

[quote]SamuraiWannaBe wrote:
I think tat Blades of GLory was Better than Talledaga and at least on par with Anchorman. As for there being a formula… yeah, I agree. who cares!, I laugh my ass off every time I see the movie and thats what they’re for![/quote]

I agree. I saw BoG last night and I thought it was hilarious. Talladega was pretty stupid IMO. Whatever the formula is, it was funny this time.

[quote]josh.shafer wrote:
SamuraiWannaBe wrote:
I think tat Blades of GLory was Better than Talledaga and at least on par with Anchorman. As for there being a formula… yeah, I agree. who cares!, I laugh my ass off every time I see the movie and thats what they’re for!

I agree. I saw BoG last night and I thought it was hilarious. Talladega was pretty stupid IMO. Whatever the formula is, it was funny this time.

[/quote]

I think the formula is basically this:

1. Goofball wackjob way over his head but is at the top of his game.

2. Then, said goofball suffers defeat and failure. Examples;

Anchorman: When he tells San Diego to go fuck itself.

Talladega Nights: Big crash that has him believing he’s paralyzed.

Blades of Glory: Being stripped of his medals after fighting with McElroy.

1. Finally, the goofball rises out of defeat and becomes the hero once again.

-roll credits on the Ferrel formula.

He’s shooting another one (Semi-Pro) where he plays a Owner-coach-player of a basketball team. I’m sure it will lay out the same way the others did. That’s why he’s rocking the huge afro in all the BoG premiere pics.

B.

I’m sick of Will Ferrel. He acts exactly the same no matter which movie he’s in. He’s annoying and not funny at all. I think I laughed twice during Talladega Nights, and neither time was because of him. Same deal for Anchorman, Elf, and every other movie I’ve seen him in.

I don’t have very high expectations for this, so I hope I’m pleasantly surprised. IMO, Anchorman was a GREAT comedy. It’s one of the few movies that gets better with each viewing. It has some of the most quotable dialogue of any comedy of the past few years. That being said, I thought a large part of the success was due to the great chemistry of the cast.

I disagree that Ferrell is that one-dimensional. He’s LIMITED< but he has a few personas he’s pretty good at. (Frank The Tank and Ron Burgundy were pretty different).

Talladega was a big drop-off. I really hope BOS pulls it off…

Funniest movie I’ve seen in a long time, although once again I was disappointed by the guest stars.

I’m a big Arnett/Poehler fan, but wasn’t crazy about their performance -the same thing that happened with Sacha Baron Cohen in TN.

Either way, I enjoyed it more than Anchorman.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Funniest movie I’ve seen in a long time, although once again I was disappointed by the guest stars.

I’m a big Arnett/Poehler fan, but wasn’t crazy about their performance -the same thing that happened with Sacha Baron Cohen in TN.

Either way, I enjoyed it more than Anchorman.[/quote]

I agree, I was hoping that Arnett and Poehler would be a little better, however, the JFK and Monroe skit was pretty refrickulouse