Blade, the TV Series...

Jill Wagner 4

[insert innuendo here]

[quote]ALDurr wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:
orion wrote:
He just tries to hard to be a big angry black man…

“Don’t they all?”

LOL! J/K!

We don’t have to try, it’s natural. LOL![/quote]

Maybe, if you are all dressed in black leather, on a black bike, with black tribal tatoos and carry a sword you are more than halfway there, tone the acting down a bit…

Jill Wagner 5

[insert more innuendo here–hint vampires/biting/sexwithundead]

[quote]ALDurr wrote:
Ren wrote:
JohnnyNinja wrote:
The main brunette girl, is awful. Her acting ability is down right bad. Guy who plays Blade, bad. The writing, boring. The action bleh. But it does have vampires and it does have Blade, even if it isn’t Wesley.

Wait…she acts? But her rack is spectacular!

Wait a minute, she’s there to act?[/quote]

No. I’m sure she’s NOT there to act. Judging by the picture, I’ll try to catch an episode. The only real reason. Can’t quite live up to Biels though.

It’s got that hottie from the Mercury commercials, so it can’t be all that bad.

[quote]Plisskin wrote:
Jill Wagner 2[/quote]

How the hell did she wind up posing for a Scorpions “Rock You Like a Hurricane” video still shot? Was she even born then?

When I saw a woman feel up a guy’s crotch not once, but twice in the first five minutes of the pilot, I had hope.

Then, after about a half an hour, I realized the series was going to be shit. I finished off by watching that chick’s rack for the remainder of the episode.

Yeah, I’m a perv. Jealous?

Managed to get hold of the first episode here in the UK. Will probably follow the series (just cause its Blade) but I’m in 2 minds about sticky as the daywalker. For one, he gets beatdown too damn often.

This is how Blade is supposed to fight: http://www.neebone.co.uk/2006/07/13/blade-end-fight-sequence/

Ok so Sticky doesnt do capoeira like Snipes does but it shows - Snipes flows in fight scenes - sticky relies on weapons.

I have to say though, it is quite a violent show which holds with the Blade movies and they managed to use some of the music from Blade 3 so thats a plus.

We’ll see how it goes - though I’m not optimistic for a season 2.

The show (and many others shows and movies) does suffer from the usual issue of how to properly display a “superhuman” fight. The level of destruction and intensity is never up to par when you get two superhumans fighting, except for maybe in Blade II. That one did pretty well in that end fight sequence. But then you have the superhuman vs human stuff and its never right. Like Blade’s sidekick fought off a vamp in a recent episode and won.

I guess it was more believable because they were supposed to be starved vamps, but I’m not sure. Otherwise, seems like a regular human would simply be toast. Like a 120 pound inactive vegan being crushed by a serious swipe from an aggressive, well-trained, 270 pound gladiator/strongman type. Bones would probably snap, tissue would be seriously damaged.

Sure, the human body is alot tougher than you’d think, but i’d like to see some realism now and then. Plus, that’d amp up the misery and despair of human characters being so outmatched and in need of a hero or some good ideas for different methods of conflict. Perfect for a ‘horror’ show, IMO.

Just read this in one of comics writer Warren Ellis’ Bad Signal mailings:

"I note also this morning that David
Goyer & Geoff Johns’ BLADE tv
series has been cancelled after its
initial run of 13 episodes. Which is a
shame, as there were a few lovely
concepts in that run, including junkies
snorting the ashes of dead vampires.
But they’ll get a DVD out of it.
Which is important. "

So, looks like though the series had its good and bad, we won’t get to see where they could take it. Too bad. I felt it closed out the season well enough to keep my interest.

I’m really disappointed that it was cancelled. I liked the show. It was good cheap, brainless entertainment. Not to mention Jill Wagner makes my peepee tingle.

[quote]Plisskin wrote:
Just read this in one of comics writer Warren Ellis’ Bad Signal mailings:

"I note also this morning that David
Goyer & Geoff Johns’ BLADE tv
series has been cancelled after its
initial run of 13 episodes. Which is a
shame, as there were a few lovely
concepts in that run, including junkies
snorting the ashes of dead vampires.
But they’ll get a DVD out of it.
Which is important. "

So, looks like though the series had its good and bad, we won’t get to see where they could take it. Too bad. I felt it closed out the season well enough to keep my interest.[/quote]

From getting some of these shows on DVD, I have learned it is ALL about the writing. They can have the best look, the greatest director and the finest women on the show, but if the story doesn’t catch anyone’s attention quickly, it will die soon.

I never got to see it, but from what I’ve heard, I think it could have grown. I was watching the first ever episode of CSI a while back and they were a little weak themselves straight out the box. It takes a while for it to grow to full potential.

Smallville didn’t hit its peak until the 5th season in my opinion.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

From getting some of these shows on DVD, I have learned it is ALL about the writing. They can have the best look, the greatest director and the finest women on the show, but if the story doesn’t catch anyone’s attention quickly, it will die soon.

I never got to see it, but from what I’ve heard, I think it could have grown. I was watching the first ever episode of CSI a while back and they were a little weak themselves straight out the box. It takes a while for it to grow to full potential.

Smallville didn’t hit its peak until the 5th season in my opinion.[/quote]

Exactly, some shows need a chance to develop their storyline to get anywhere. I think this is what was happening with Blade, especially towards the end of the season. Sure, it was flawed and there were some problems up front, but I thought it was improving. Just like Smallville did over the years, as you mentioned.

The show didnt appear to be incredibly expensive to produce, but I could be wrong.

[quote]Plisskin wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Smallville didn’t hit its peak until the 5th season in my opinion.

Exactly, some shows need a chance to develop their storyline to get anywhere. I think this is what was happening with Blade, especially towards the end of the season. Sure, it was flawed and there were some problems up front, but I thought it was improving. Just like Smallville did over the years, as you mentioned.

The show didnt appear to be incredibly expensive to produce, but I could be wrong. [/quote]

Family Guy was brought back only because of fan support and DVD sales. That should give hope to any fans of a show that gets cancelled.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Family Guy was brought back only because of fan support and DVD sales. That should give hope to any fans of a show that gets cancelled.[/quote]

You know, I’ve only ever caught episodes of that show on Adult Swim as reruns. Or I guess they’re reruns, I’m not sure.

Anyway, I like your theory, it also applies to Firefly becoming Serenity and Farscape getting a short mini-series wrap up, but of course those are different outcomes versus what the fans probably actually wanted–the show back on the air. Makes me question how long we have before we get a straight-to-dvd market for serial storylines that can be taken seriously.

Family Guy is the only show I’ve ever heard of being brought back due to fan support. Usually the show gets cancelled, fans start a petition, and nothing ever happens. It is so easy for a show to fail, it’s amazing that any of them ever succeed.

i watch this show. i really liked the movies. true the acting is subpar but the action scenes make up for it.