Blacking Out In The Hole

[quote]rsg wrote:
Pipes06 wrote:
dre wrote:
I’ve seen spots after squatting and deadlifting but haven’t passed out yet. I’m still trying to get myself to puke during or after a leg session. Haven’t achieved that yet. dang it.

Do what i did. Attempt a New PR on 5x5 DL with a belt worn too tight… :confused: make sure your in a place you wont get embarrassed

Embarrassed? You’ll get yourself killed if you’re no careful in the weight room.[/quote]

absolutely, this was just a misconception for me. Going for a new PR i wrapped that belt up tight as a bitch so i wouldnt hurt my lower back, then realizing on the 3rd rep that your stomach bulls out on the pull…yeah…

I’ve only come close to passing out once - so much so after racking I immediatly sat down on the safety pin for fear of just collapsing.

I love when people try to talk to you after a heavy set of squats or deads, though. I find it nearly impossible to put together any kind of comprehensible sentence for at least a minute or two.

Random gym weenie: “Dude, how long have you been training?”

me: “I… what… squat lots. need a minute.”

I sometimes get light headed after cleans. Right after I stand back up from making sure the bar doesn’t roll of the platform, I get a light headed feeling. You know, the one where things turn black for split second. This happens on squats too. But this is rare.

[quote]dre wrote:
I’ve seen spots after squatting and deadlifting but haven’t passed out yet. I’m still trying to get myself to puke during or after a leg session. Haven’t achieved that yet. dang it.[/quote]

The nausea will ruin you workout because you won’t want to finish. At least it does mine. I can always tell when it is comming on. I just feel a bit sick at first and i will usually stop then unless i just have 1 or 2 sets left. Then by the time i get halfway home (5 miles) i have to pull over and puke 2 or 3 times. Bad part is that if i don’t puke i will be sick for 30 or 45 minutes otherwise i feel better after i throw up.

I get light headed and feal like im gonna pass out after 6 reps almost allways.I just power through it.

I’ve occasionally felt like the back of my head was going to explode, but that was mostly brought on by stress.

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
I went down, and when I opened my eyes, my face was almost purple from struggling to get up. [/quote]

I loled

I don’t see stars, i just get that feeling when you stand up too fast, kinda a head rush feeling.

My head feels like its gonna pop.

I spontaneously combusted once while attempting to dislodge a particularly large brown devil from my rectal cavity.

sometimes when i pull heavy, and struggle to finish a rep, when i drop the bar it sounds like my ipod is skipping but its just some wierd phenomenon caused by the exertion. I get dizzy and the corners of my vision get dark and get goosebumps…
its one of my favorite feelings

Shit bro congrad on first black out, better than mine first time i took 700 for a ride i bottemed out and on the way up lights out! thankfully i had some good spotters!

Only serious blackout I ever had was my second workout in a brand new Katana.

Got the bar to about 4 inches of touching, tried to fight it down, remembered thinking “I’m not giving up on touching this”. And then the bar was on the way back up, felt weightless and the big black tunnel I was looking down suddenly opened back up again. Having good spotters can be life saving…

A pretty surreal experience!