Black + White

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
Also, it’s much more important to keep your slumbering racism in check in important matters. When actually dealing with people.

Being drunk would also be an excuse.
Alcohol isn’t known for bringing out the good in people.

Do you think that when Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson begin spewing their hateful racist bull crap that they’re drunk?

No probably not…[/quote]

Could you provide us with an example of either one spewing hatefull racist bull crap?

Please?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Do you think that when Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson begin spewing their hateful racist bull crap that they’re drunk?

No probably not…

The difference is their racism is somewhat productive. They try and help, to a certain degree, to bring awareness to racism and to their race in general. It’s not all just bull crap. Some of it is, but really how could anyone speak on a certain subject as much as they do and not have at least a portion of it be crap? You can’t just always repeat yourself.

I disagree. They try to drive a wedge between the races in order to raise money and live like kings.[/quote]

Naah, you must have them confused with the Republican pigs.

May be not racist but immature sore losers.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
ZEB wrote:

No probably not…

The difference is their racism is somewhat productive. They try and help, to a certain degree, to bring awareness to racism and to their race in general. It’s not all just bull crap. Some of it is, but really how could anyone speak on a certain subject as much as they do and not have at least a portion of it be crap? You can’t just always repeat yourself.

I disagree. They try to drive a wedge between the races in order to raise money and live like kings.

[/quote]

Google the Tawana Brawley case and read up on it.

If you can come away with anything other than the fact that Sharpton is a phony opportunist that is willing to use racism to lie and cheat in order to further his personal goals then I would like to hear about it.

Or you can come back with another troll-like insult to some republican politician and keep your track record of contributing nothing intact.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
If they dressed like gangstas she was just taking an intelligent precaution.

That’s racist! Even if dressed in full gang regalia, we still should assume that all people are upstanding citizens with no intent to harm us, until proven otherwise![/quote]

No offense, but that’s naive and stupid…
(not sure if you were being sarcastic or not)

if not - should we then assume every bear in the woods is safe because the one at the zoo was?

it’s human nature to be fearfull of the unknown, it’s a normal defense mechanism and isnt “racist”

it’s the whole fight or flight thing.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
JOG wrote:

Fuck, we’re all racist in some way. It’s just the stupidity of our human nature.

On a personal note, if I had a choice I’d be black because I like their style.[/quote]

You just proved your own point with this racist generalization about black people having one style. What is this style and what prevents other races from having this same style? Are you saying that black people can’t be nerds, or fit other typically “white” stereotypes?

DB

[quote]oboffill wrote:
You brinng up good points.

For the record, I’m hispanic.

My friends will often say the n-word and until recently I never said anything about it. However, it really started to bother me and I told them straight up that I don’t want to hear them say it around me. It’s insulting and disrespectful. They’ve respected me view about it. [/quote]

You and I have a few things in common.

When have the Republicans ever attempted to drive a wedge between the races?Democrats are infamous for their demagoguery and victim mentallity when it comes to minorities. Hell, I grew up in a predominately black neighborhood and we would get letters in the mail from the local democratic chapter pitting blacks against the “white Republicans.” When a black girl gets into Yale law school with a 150 LSAT and 3.1 GPA and I get put on the waiting list at UGA with a 160 and a 3.89…you call that equal opportunity?

Not to turn this into an affirmative action thread, but that would be insulting to me to think that the government and academic institutions held me to such low standards. I actually have the option of putting native american as my race and getting into almost any ivy league law school in the country, but I choose not to because I know that some kid somewhere would get denied a seat.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
ZEB wrote:

No probably not…

I disagree. They try to drive a wedge between the races in order to raise money and live like kings.

[/quote]

oh yeah…your friends are racist buddy…but I don’t think you needed us to tell you that.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
Also, it’s much more important to keep your slumbering racism in check in important matters. When actually dealing with people.

No probably not…

Could you provide us with an example of either one spewing hatefull racist bull crap?

Please?[/quote]

here’s a book about JJ

[quote]blitzkrg wrote:
nephorm wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
If they dressed like gangstas she was just taking an intelligent precaution.

That’s racist! Even if dressed in full gang regalia, we still should assume that all people are upstanding citizens with no intent to harm us, until proven otherwise!

No offense, but that’s naive and stupid…
(not sure if you were being sarcastic or not)

if not - should we then assume every bear in the woods is safe because the one at the zoo was?

it’s human nature to be fearfull of the unknown, it’s a normal defense mechanism and isnt “racist”

it’s the whole fight or flight thing.
[/quote]

He was being sarcastic. Sometimes tough to tell on the internet.

[quote]Magister Ludi wrote:
Yes. It’s racist.

It’s not racist when someone has a personal preference concerning whom they find attractive.

But when they have a problem with someone else’s personal preference, and it’s based on race, that’s racism.
[/quote]

I agree 100%. I am white and my wife is black, we have been married 4 years and we dated for 3.

I honestly think Interracial Relationships are becoming more and more common and accepted by mainstream society…unfortunately you will always have a few A-holes.

I always discover cool people on these threads.

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
I am white and my wife is black, …[/quote]

You must be one of those really skinny white dudes.

Oh wait, that’s backwards … n/m.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Wreckless wrote:

No probably not…

Please?[/quote]

That is soooo typical. I made a broad charge and now you want to narrow the argument…(yawn).

You forgot that you should only use this tactic if the specifics are not available. In Sharpton and Jacksons case they are very much available.

Let’s start with Sharpton.

Okay, why don’t you start with his inflammatory radio broadcasts on his radio program. Here he hosts other black racists as well.

Have a ball:

http://www.jewishpost.com/sharp01.html

http://www.jewishpost.com/sharp02.html

http://www.jewishpost.com/sharp03.html

http://www.jewishpost.com/sharp05.html

http://www.jewishpost.com/sharp06.html

And there is more on Al Sharpton the “race baiter.”

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2003/11/09/the_race_baiter_in_the_campaign/

He is also known as “Al “anti-Semitic” Sharpton”

http://www.hscca.org/articles/alsharpton.html\

Al Sharpton is as much a black racist as David Duke is a white racist!

They both make me sick!

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

[/quote]

More stereotyping by open minded liberals.

Keep it coming you are cracking me up.

:slight_smile:

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
ZEB wrote:

No probably not…

Google the Tawana Brawley case and read up on it.

If you can come away with anything other than the fact that Sharpton is a phony opportunist that is willing to use racism to lie and cheat in order to further his personal goals then I would like to hear about it.

Or you can come back with another troll-like insult to some republican politician and keep your track record of contributing nothing intact.[/quote]

Zap,

Thanks for reminding me.

I had forgotten about the Brawely case.

Sharpton admitted to being a fraud on that one…

He’s a racist fraud…and those are his good qualities!

[quote]WguitarG wrote:
When have the Republicans ever attempted to drive a wedge between the races?[/quote]

Ha ha you actually expect wreckless to answer that?

He posts inflammatory crap constantly. Little of it makes any sense. He’s just a very hateful guy who uses the Internet to get out his frustrations.

I suppose he could be doing worse…

I don’t think your friends would have made this statement if they were with girls. The reason I say this is because it seems to me that they are looking for a copout to compensate for their shortcomings with the ladies that night. You set up the scenario when you stated that was understood to be a white girl-black guy thing, therefore, the statement appears to me to be one of feeling inadequacy instead one of hatred.

Furthermore, this type of thing is brought on by statements like ‘‘once you go black you never go back.’’ So, in this case, this is the cause of one racist-type of statement influencing another. I am not saying that there is a direct correlation between the two, but more the feelings it implies. When your friends are enticed by a woman and they see her with a man of another race they may think ‘‘once you go black, you never go back.’’

This will cause feelings of insecurity and inadequacy to brew inside them because they feel they have no chance with the woman and that their attempts will be hopeless. This is similar to the statement ‘‘do you date white/black guys’’ we hear all too often. The prejudice is placed upon themselves (unnecessarily), causing them to feel the need to fight back to compensate due to the insecurity within. If it was all white you would have heard a statement like ‘‘look at those skinny, beach boy looking pussies landing all the ladies.’’

Their statement was racist, but without knowing them, we can’t say whether they are racist or not. This title is thrown around all too often with far too many negative connotations. Once someone is declared a racist, they are seen as another Hitler. I would watch how you use that term, because it could cause a lot of grief to the person you call out for being a racist. It would be better to point out the fact that the statement itself was wrong instead of labeling your friends as such. These are your friends, right? It would be better to challenge the statement instead of the person.

We are all a little prejudice, we are not necessarily racist. How many times have we seen the term fatass or lazy slob on this board? It is not right to belittle someone based upon a physical characteristic.

I was being sarcastic, but I do know some people who believe that. There’s even a guy who goes around to schools and gives speeches about diversity, who got pissed off because police stopped him. He was dressed like a gang member, and they said that he matched the description of someone they were looking for. Some people have no sense.