T Nation

Black White on FX

[quote]HELL BOY wrote:
Truthfully,I don’t give A shit.

Kill your T.V. Rockstar,It will enlighten you to much better things.

[/quote]

Clearly you do, otherwise you wouldn’t have posted here. All this time spent not watching TV hasn’t really motivated you to useful enterprises, eh?

[quote]BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
aww shit i missed it, by the way dont forget shows like family guy, american dad, and… 24 all come on fox.[/quote]

American Dad sucks mutant monkey balls.

[quote]Ryu13 wrote:
With cameras following them around, it’s kinda hard to believe it is real. Most of the actions are probably planned, it’s just another drama to keep racism rich and alive.[/quote]

This is a good point. How the fuck are they going to make it real with a camera crew behind the people?

there’s no camera crew, it’s all simply computer animation.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
aww shit i missed it, by the way dont forget shows like family guy, american dad, and… 24 all come on fox.

American Dad sucks mutant monkey balls.[/quote]

i think american dad is, at times (im gonna get flamed for this) funnier than family guy.

i think american dad is, at times (im gonna get flamed for this) funnier than family guy.[/quote]

That is one fucked up opinion. I’m sitting here trying to figure out if it was a joke or not. Hopefully, it was.

Professor X wrote:
BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
aww shit i missed it, by the way dont forget shows like family guy, american dad, and… 24 all come on fox.

i think american dad is, at times (im gonna get flamed for this) funnier than family guy.[/quote]

The words you have just uttered have caused my faith in human kind to wither like a rose in the Sahara. It has caused my hope to fester and decay like rotting meat. I cry for you, deluded wayward traveler. I cry for you all.

Hey at least American Dad’s crappiness hasn’t affected Family Guy . . . yet.

BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
Professor X wrote:
BrwnbellyYankee wrote:

i think american dad is, at times (im gonna get flamed for this) funnier than family guy.

The words you have just uttered have caused my faith in human kind to wither like a rose in the Sahara. It has caused my hope to fester and decay like rotting meat. I cry for you, deluded wayward traveler. I cry for you all.[/quote]

You are the second person from which I am hearing this from.

I’ve been looking over my DSM-IV…It just doesn’t seem to be a treatable condition right now.

Antipsychotics might help I guess.

AlexH

It repeats Sunday night if anyone cares.

I do think this is an interesting concept, though far from perfect. It is hard for anyone to act normal with cameras following them all the time, and when the camera is not hidden, I do not expect anyone they run into to act normal.

Also one problem with reality tv is that regardless of how people act, the editors are able to make things seem like however they want it to be portrayed. They could be completely open and actually show things pretty much as they actually were, or they could put a lot of bias into the show. The latter is very possible if they are trying to push an agenda.

The makeup seems good on tv, but that doesn’t mean it looks good in real life. The white father looks the worst. The white mother looks real good, the daughter looks decent. The black man looks like he should be working in a gay bar, the black mother does not look right, and the son looks like the best transformation out of the group.

On a side note, I think a resort should open up where people can change over a couple of days, and feel like they are cheating on their spouses without actually cheating. “King or Queen? Smoking or non smoking room? What race would you like to be this weekend? Turn down service?”

Anyway, I notice the black man really seems to point out racism where there really doesn’t seem to be any. I am not sure if he actually has a chip on his shoulder, or (more likely) he is so eager for the other guy to experience racism that he is trying to point out any innocuous event.

Now the white guy really needs to shut the fuck up. He keeps putting his foot into his mouth. He seems to be over thinking the experience, and is actually creating more of a stereotype then he should. The daughter seems better at this.

The black couple seem to act like they have nothing to learn, and I don’t think I have seen enough of the son to judge him.

I think the son and daughter should start dating and really piss off the parents.

[quote]The Mage wrote:

It repeats Sunday night if anyone cares.

I do think this is an interesting concept, though far from perfect. It is hard for anyone to act normal with cameras following them all the time, and when the camera is not hidden, I do not expect anyone they run into to act normal.

Also one problem with reality tv is that regardless of how people act, the editors are able to make things seem like however they want it to be portrayed. They could be completely open and actually show things pretty much as they actually were, or they could put a lot of bias into the show. The latter is very possible if they are trying to push an agenda.

The makeup seems good on tv, but that doesn’t mean it looks good in real life. The white father looks the worst. The white mother looks real good, the daughter looks decent. The black man looks like he should be working in a gay bar, the black mother does not look right, and the son looks like the best transformation out of the group.

On a side note, I think a resort should open up where people can change over a couple of days, and feel like they are cheating on their spouses without actually cheating. “King or Queen? Smoking or non smoking room? What race would you like to be this weekend? Turn down service?”

Anyway, I notice the black man really seems to point out racism where there really doesn’t seem to be any. I am not sure if he actually has a chip on his shoulder, or (more likely) he is so eager for the other guy to experience racism that he is trying to point out any innocuous event.

Now the white guy really needs to shut the fuck up. He keeps putting his foot into his mouth. He seems to be over thinking the experience, and is actually creating more of a stereotype then he should. The daughter seems better at this.

The black couple seem to act like they have nothing to learn, and I don’t think I have seen enough of the son to judge him.

I think the son and daughter should start dating and really piss off the parents.[/quote]

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt considering and ex-member of Public Enemy is hosting the show.

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt considering and ex-member of Public Enemy is hosting the show. [/quote]

Have you seen Flava of Love?

Holy crapfest.

[quote]doogie wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt considering and ex-member of Public Enemy is hosting the show.

Have you seen Flava of Love?

Holy crapfest.[/quote]

Hey, hey, hey!!! There is no reason to bring up the current poor state of reality tv or the enigmatic Flava Flav. He wasn’t exactly the primary message in Public Enemy anyway back when Ice Cube helped produce tracks for them. I should have given credit to his NWA background first anyway. My bad.

I dunno… the couple episodes and other various little snippets I’ve caught of FG since its “triumphant” return all seemed to be screaming “LOOK HOW RAUNCHY WE ARE! CAN YOU BELIEVE WE’RE GETTING AWAY WITH THIS?! Omigosh we are so TOTALLY pushing the ENVELOPE!”

The show just seems to have lost its magic… like it exists for the sake of squeezing every last dime out of a previously decent brand name. I have caught a couple episodes of American Dad and, while I want to slap Seth MacFarlane like a girl, it at least seems to have the same spark that 2nd-season FG had.

Oh, man… anybody see “Stewie Griffin: the Untold Story”? Crapfest. The whole first segment boiled down to, “these jokes were so funny the first time, here they are again, in a different context! Enjoy!”

Annnyways… didn’t see Black White.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
Hey at least American Dad’s crappiness hasn’t affected Family Guy . . . yet.

Professor X wrote:
BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
Professor X wrote:
BrwnbellyYankee wrote:

The words you have just uttered have caused my faith in human kind to wither like a rose in the Sahara. It has caused my hope to fester and decay like rotting meat. I cry for you, deluded wayward traveler. I cry for you all.
[/quote]

[quote]The Mage wrote:

[/quote]

Agreed. The make-up on the white father is definitely the worst.

Also, I agree with you on your opinions of the two fathers. The white guy does need to shut the fuck up. He is so convinced that racism does not exist that he’s making himself look like an ass and closing himself off from the full experience.

As for the black father, he seems to have a more open mind. However, I think the white guy was really getting to him (can’t say as I blame him – I wanted to kick the shit out of the white guy after about ten minutes!). I thought the whole bit about the family moving to the side of the walkway was sketchy… I happen to agree with the dumbass white guy, “We were taking up the whole sidewalk.”

The daughter does seem to be the most open-minded, and I think she looks better black, anyway… (but her poetry sucks)

[quote]Ryu13 wrote:
With cameras following them around, it’s kinda hard to believe it is real. Most of the actions are probably planned, it’s just another drama to keep racism rich and alive.[/quote]

Exactly. No reality in these shows.

Can you imagine someone dropping the “N” bomb on them with 3 cameras following them around?

Professor X wrote:
BrwnbellyYankee wrote:

Not funnier than family guy. But it can be pretty funny sometimes. I agree it USED to suck, and I was sure it’d get cancelled. But it’s gotten a lot better. Still, I don’t find myself catching it unless I happy not to be doing anything when it’s on. Doesn’t make the Tivo season pass.

Yes the movie sucked big time, I’ll give you that. But the latest episodes of FG are just as good if not better than before.

The one where Brain goes back to college and Peter and his friends are the A-Team? Hilarious.

The Fat Guy Strangler episode was awesome. Holy shit, and the episode where Peter finds out he’s retarded? That was 30 straight minutes of laughter. Yes, even during the commercial breaks.

American Dad is basically FG Lite with a lot of the jokes relying on current events. Would have made a good hour long special but not a show unto its own.

The only bad episodes I can remember are the one where the Griffin’s live in Chinatown and where Peter forms his own religion. The religion one sucked big time.

[quote]Norwell Bob wrote:
I dunno… the couple episodes and other various little snippets I’ve caught of FG since its “triumphant” return all seemed to be screaming “LOOK HOW RAUNCHY WE ARE! CAN YOU BELIEVE WE’RE GETTING AWAY WITH THIS?! Omigosh we are so TOTALLY pushing the ENVELOPE!”

The show just seems to have lost its magic… like it exists for the sake of squeezing every last dime out of a previously decent brand name. I have caught a couple episodes of American Dad and, while I want to slap Seth MacFarlane like a girl, it at least seems to have the same spark that 2nd-season FG had.

Oh, man… anybody see “Stewie Griffin: the Untold Story”? Crapfest. The whole first segment boiled down to, “these jokes were so funny the first time, here they are again, in a different context! Enjoy!”

Annnyways… didn’t see Black White.

[/quote]

I watched Bullworth last night my favorite quote ?we have to keep on f__king each other until we are the same color?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Ryu13 wrote:
With cameras following them around, it’s kinda hard to believe it is real. Most of the actions are probably planned, it’s just another drama to keep racism rich and alive.

Exactly. No reality in these shows.

Can you imagine someone dropping the “N” bomb on them with 3 cameras following them around?

[/quote]
It’s funny because 90% of the people posting in this thread have yet to understand this simple flaw in reality TV. Camera crew = fake. I even question those so called “hidden camera” shows. Too many differen’t angles with perfect audio, a hidden camera does not equal.