T Nation

Black Vote by State

[quote]JASE72 wrote:
doogie wrote:
Blacks didn’t turn out in record numbers. They accounted for roughly 1 in 10 voters, the same as in 2004.

WTF are you talking about??? Read a newspaper or turn on the tv/radio buddy![/quote]

How about you post a statistic showing how many more blacks voted this election as opposed to the last one.

The cali exit polls show that blacks made up about 10% of the electorate. I have no idea if that is more or less than last year. But if blacks are 20% of the population, and only 10% voted - they did not show p in record numbers.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
The cali exit polls show that blacks made up about 10% of the electorate. I have no idea if that is more or less than last year. But if blacks are 20% of the population, and only 10% voted - they did not show p in record numbers. [/quote]

The cali exit polls show that 10% of the people that participated in the exit poll were black. This doesn’t mean only half of cali blacks voted. I have yet to come across any statistics for how many blacks actually voted, but have seen a number of television reports suggesting that they did indeed vote in record numbers.

Hopefully somebody will post these if they find them.

Need to get us some more minorities into small government, personal freedom and responsibility, parties. Everyone, start brainstorming. The only rule, we don’t sell out small government ideals. It’s time to break the Democrat’s monopoly!

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
JASE72 wrote:
ABSOLUTE & COMPLETE IGNORANCE!!!

Black, white, hispanic, etc… anyone who voted for Obama for the simple fact that they wanted to see the first black president is a complete moron & is exactly why racism continues and will continue. 90%+ of the black community voting for Obama tells me that lots & lots of black people who have never had the incentive to get out and vote simply voted just to see the first black president & were not interested in any of his political ideologies… ladies & gentlemen that is scary to me!!!

In closing, im a white American of Cuban descent that voted for Obama. So before you start talking shit i wanted that known.

wow. edit
So your vote for Obama made more sense than others that voted for him as well?? Interesting…well…not really…but go ahead and explain that.[/quote]

NO NEED TO EDIT ME!! I voted for him because I believe he is the best possible choice for me and my situation, regardless of the fact that he is black. which is the only reason EVERYONE that voted for him should actually believe.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Need to get us some more minorities into small government, personal freedom and responsibility, parties. Everyone, start brainstorming. The only rule, we don’t sell out small government ideals. It’s time to break the Democrat’s monopoly![/quote]

We once had the hispanics in Florida, but that was mostly due to anti-castro sentiment.

In addition to minorities, the youth (<30) must also be educated. I am embarrassed by the voting habits of my age bracket.

I don’t think the youth vote will be near as hard to get as the minority vote. Paul had decent success at building a youthful following. A leader with similar beliefs to him but a bit more charisma is exactly the leader the GOP needs.

[quote]tedro wrote:
rainjack wrote:
The cali exit polls show that blacks made up about 10% of the electorate. I have no idea if that is more or less than last year. But if blacks are 20% of the population, and only 10% voted - they did not show p in record numbers.

The cali exit polls show that 10% of the people that participated in the exit poll were black. This doesn’t mean only half of cali blacks voted. I have yet to come across any statistics for how many blacks actually voted, but have seen a number of television reports suggesting that they did indeed vote in record numbers.

Hopefully somebody will post these if they find them.[/quote]

You are right, I made the assumption that the exit poll was representative of the electorate. That might, or might not be accurate.

[quote]tedro wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Need to get us some more minorities into small government, personal freedom and responsibility, parties. Everyone, start brainstorming. The only rule, we don’t sell out small government ideals. It’s time to break the Democrat’s monopoly!

We once had the hispanics in Florida, but that was mostly due to anti-castro sentiment.

In addition to minorities, the youth (<30) must also be educated. I am embarrassed by the voting habits of my age bracket.

I don’t think the youth vote will be near as hard to get as the minority vote. Paul had decent success at building a youthful following. A leader with similar beliefs to him but a bit more charisma is exactly the leader the GOP needs.[/quote]

I think Paul was an anomaly. He drew from the libertarians, and the anti-war, anti-Bush college crowd. Unless we are at war in 4 more years, I doubt someone with Paul’s platform will do very well.

Odd that they could get 100% of the voters in New York but can’t even get data on the voters in nearly half the other states. How hard is it to find out who the black guy in Wyoming voted for?

Makes me think they printed the numbers >89% and “N/Aed” the rest of them, or something more convoluted than ‘Percent Of Blacks Who Voted For Obama’.

[quote]
doogie wrote:
Blacks didn’t turn out in record numbers. They accounted for roughly 1 in 10 voters, the same as in 2004.

JASE72 wrote:
WTF are you talking about??? Read a newspaper or turn on the tv/radio buddy![/quote]

Oh, please prove me wrong.

Here’s some of the numbers that are pretty much in line with what I said to begin with:

With turnout up overall, the surge in black turnout resulted in only a two-point increase in the black proportion of the electorate, from 11 percent to 13 percent
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/04/AR2008110404088.html

Ben Smith and Jonathan Martin note "African-American turnout was not unusually high. http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/11/the_breakdown_who_elected_obama_and_did_they_give_him_a_mandate.html

[quote]JASE72 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
JASE72 wrote:
ABSOLUTE & COMPLETE IGNORANCE!!!

Black, white, hispanic, etc… anyone who voted for Obama for the simple fact that they wanted to see the first black president is a complete moron & is exactly why racism continues and will continue. 90%+ of the black community voting for Obama tells me that lots & lots of black people who have never had the incentive to get out and vote simply voted just to see the first black president & were not interested in any of his political ideologies… ladies & gentlemen that is scary to me!!!

In closing, im a white American of Cuban descent that voted for Obama. So before you start talking shit i wanted that known.

wow. edit
So your vote for Obama made more sense than others that voted for him as well?? Interesting…well…not really…but go ahead and explain that.

NO NEED TO EDIT ME!! I voted for him because I believe he is the best possible choice for me and my situation, regardless of the fact that he is black. which is the only reason EVERYONE that voted for him should actually believe.
[/quote]

Good for you…but I fail to see how this isn’t possible for a black person that voted for him…and basing it on skewed poll numbers.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Good for you…but I fail to see how this isn’t possible for a black person that voted for him…and basing it on skewed poll numbers.[/quote]

So you are saying that it is impossible for a black person to look beyond the color of one’s skin?

And you know this because?

I’d like to know which poll numbers are skewed.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Good for you…but I fail to see how this isn’t possible for a black person that voted for him…and basing it on skewed poll numbers.

So you are saying that it is impossible for a black person to look beyond the color of one’s skin?

[/quote]

Umm…get your shit together,RJ. I’m asking the same question…certain posters seem to think its impossible. Read his post.

And since you always seem to have the answers…how do these poll numbers tell you or anyone if an individual voted SOLELY on race.

As for the skewed poll numbers comment,I was thinking more along YOUR arguments of the turnouts being no different than the past.

Sometimes I think you disagree…just to disagree…even when others are actually agreeing with you.

i never said it wasnt possible for a black person to vote for him based on political issues alone. But i will say that for 95% of all black voters to be so one sided towards the Democrats (like never before in history) that tells me thats lots of them (the ignorant ones) only voted purely so they can see the 1st black President.

[quote]JASE72 wrote:
i never said it wasnt possible for a black person to vote for him based on political issues alone. But i will say that for 95% of all black voters to be so one sided towards the Democrats (like never before in history) that tells me thats lots of them (the ignorant ones) only voted purely so they can see the 1st black President. [/quote]

Ok…I gotcha…but take in consideration how many black people normally vote Democrat regardless…and the current disdain for Republicans…and “non-black” people who also voted just to see first black president.

[quote]JASE72 wrote:
i never said it wasnt possible for a black person to vote for him based on political issues alone. But i will say that for 95% of all black voters to be so one sided towards the Democrats (like never before in history) that tells me thats lots of them (the ignorant ones) only voted purely so they can see the 1st black President. [/quote]

This is true. I have a few black friends who admit they voted for him because he is black. They don’t care that it be known either.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Ok…I gotcha…but take in consideration how many black people normally vote Democrat regardless…and the current disdain for Republicans…and “non-black” people who also voted just to see first black president.[/quote]

not 95% of them!! ever !!

And as for non-blacks that voted for him because hes black??? WTF. I cant say none, but less than 1% is probably a good guess! (and those people are just as ignorant)

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

Umm…get your shit together,RJ. I’m asking the same question…certain posters seem to think its impossible. Read his post.

And since you always seem to have the answers…how do these poll numbers tell you or anyone if an individual voted SOLELY on race.

As for the skewed poll numbers comment,I was thinking more along YOUR arguments of the turnouts being no different than the past.

Sometimes I think you disagree…just to disagree…even when others are actually agreeing with you.[/quote]

I misread what you wrote.

I don’t know what the poll numbers say. I am going off only what I read from the CNN exit polling in California. I think I said as much in a previous post. You said it was skewed. I have no idea.

[quote]JASE72 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Ok…I gotcha…but take in consideration how many black people normally vote Democrat regardless…and the current disdain for Republicans…and “non-black” people who also voted just to see first black president.

not 95% of them!! ever !!

And as for non-blacks that voted for him because hes black??? WTF. I cant say none, but less than 1% is probably a good guess! (and those people are just as ignorant)[/quote]

I’m not trying to put exact percentages on things or excuse voting by race alone…just saying those are big factors as well…current trends have shown that.

This is who voted for Barack:

I’m going to get my free tank of gas now.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
This is who voted for Barack:

I’m going to get my free tank of gas now.[/quote]

And you won’t have to worry about paying your mortgage either!!

Ask NOT what you can do for YOUR Country, ask, what YOUR Country can do for YOU! This is the expectation that HAS been set.