Black Teen Shot by Neighborhood Watch

http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida-boy-killed-neighborhood-watch-seeks-arrest-044537742.html

[quote]
ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family’s lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family’s lawyer Ben Crump said.

“He was a good kid,” Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain’s arrest at a news conference on Thursday. “On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him.”

[Related: Fla. teen avoids deportation]

Trayvon, who lived in Miami with his mother, had been visiting his father and stepmother in a gated townhome community called The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, 20 miles north of Orlando.

As Trayvon returned to the townhome, Sanford police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person.

Although names are blacked out on the police report, Crump and media reports at the time of the shooting identified the caller as George Zimmerman who is listed in the community’s newsletter as the Neighborhood Watch captain.

Without waiting for police to arrive, Crump said, Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, who was on the sidewalk near his home. By the time police got there, Trayvon was dead of a single gunshot to the chest.

“What do the police find in his pocket? Skittles,” Crump said. “A can of Arizona ice tea in his jacket pocket and Skittles in his front pocket for his brother Chad.”

Zimmerman could not be reached for comment on Wednesday evening at a phone number listed for him on the community’s newsletter.

Crump said the family was concerned that police might decide to consider the shooting as self defense, and that police have ignored the family’s request for a copy of the original 911 call, which they think will shed light on the incidents.

“If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order,” said Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the family.

“He (Zimmerman) didn’t have to get out of his car,” said Crump, who has prepared a public records lawsuit to file on Thursday if the family doesn’t get the 911 tape. “If he never gets out of his car, there is no reason for self-defense. Trayvon only has skittles. He has the gun.”

Since Trayvon, a high school junior who wanted to be a pilot, was black and Zimmerman is white, Crump said race is “the 600 pound elephant in the room.”

“Why is this kid suspicious in the first place? I think a stereotype must have been placed on the kid,” Crump said.[/quote]

This guy is not going to have a good time in prison.

These stories always leave out a huge hunk of what went down so it’s hard to comment. But it sounds like a guy with a CCW just plain Fucked up.

If the kid was a threat to his life yeah, if the kid was coming thru his window maybe (we are not mind readers he could be coming in to kill me not rob me) so Bang bang.

But to get out your car and shoot a kid with skittles and ice tea for standing on a corner… Mmmmmm well that is a stretch.

Now the cops must have had a reason for not taking CCW watch captain in so I would like to hear why?

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida-boy-killed-neighborhood-watch-seeks-arrest-044537742.html

[quote]
ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family’s lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family’s lawyer Ben Crump said.

“He was a good kid,” Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain’s arrest at a news conference on Thursday. “On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him.”

[Related: Fla. teen avoids deportation]

Trayvon, who lived in Miami with his mother, had been visiting his father and stepmother in a gated townhome community called The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, 20 miles north of Orlando.

As Trayvon returned to the townhome, Sanford police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person.

Although names are blacked out on the police report, Crump and media reports at the time of the shooting identified the caller as George Zimmerman who is listed in the community’s newsletter as the Neighborhood Watch captain.

Without waiting for police to arrive, Crump said, Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, who was on the sidewalk near his home. By the time police got there, Trayvon was dead of a single gunshot to the chest.

“What do the police find in his pocket? Skittles,” Crump said. “A can of Arizona ice tea in his jacket pocket and Skittles in his front pocket for his brother Chad.”

Zimmerman could not be reached for comment on Wednesday evening at a phone number listed for him on the community’s newsletter.

Crump said the family was concerned that police might decide to consider the shooting as self defense, and that police have ignored the family’s request for a copy of the original 911 call, which they think will shed light on the incidents.

“If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order,” said Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the family.

“He (Zimmerman) didn’t have to get out of his car,” said Crump, who has prepared a public records lawsuit to file on Thursday if the family doesn’t get the 911 tape. “If he never gets out of his car, there is no reason for self-defense. Trayvon only has skittles. He has the gun.”

Since Trayvon, a high school junior who wanted to be a pilot, was black and Zimmerman is white, Crump said race is “the 600 pound elephant in the room.”

“Why is this kid suspicious in the first place? I think a stereotype must have been placed on the kid,” Crump said.[/quote]

This guy is not going to have a good time in prison.[/quote]

I don’t feel sorry for his disgusting racist ass.
Fuck him. And HARD.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I don’t feel sorry for his disgusting racist ass.
Fuck him. And HARD.
[/quote]

x2 pretty fucked up

gated communities FTL

Jesus!

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Jesus![/quote]

Oh he got much worse when the cops picked him up for riding a donkey in the wrong part of town.

[quote]BDSLift wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Jesus![/quote]

Oh he got much worse when the cops picked him up for riding a donkey in the wrong part of town.[/quote]

Yeah, because of the No Donkey ordinance posted for Palm Sunday.

I am only surprised we don’t see more of this. Gated communities are shit. Night Watch got scared because he saw black guy walking in “his” neighborhood and actually shot him. No weapons. Maybe the twitchy racist guy with the gun shouldn’t be the neighborhood watch.

I mean, at least have the decency to hire a racist old white woman so she can stare out her window at you all day taking note of who comes and goes since all black people are criminals.

You’ll have to excuse me…got a bit personal there.

Although we don’t have all the information; I think we all know what probably happened. Very sad. I hope justice is served.

Clearly the kid was a threat, i mean if he stuffed thoses skittles down that poor white guys throat he could have died of diabetes in 15 years

Well, this young man was an obvious threat. I mean, have you ever seen skittles before? They are a rainbow. Yes rainbow of colors. And, as we all know, the rainbow is the symbol of the gay and lesbian community. He was obviously attempting to turn his brother gay through the introduction of a rainbow treat. And, we all know that once he turns, his brother will want to marry another man (gag). Gay marriage is a threat to the American way of life.

This has nothing to do with race sheeple. Wake up or the dumbocrates and lamestream media will destroy us all!

Deflection. Am I doing it right?

I just want to say that nobody was there.

Who knows what happened.

Maybe the guy was racist and questioned the kid for no good reason and the kid gave empty threats, creating the perception of a threat the neighborhood watch took seriously.

And before “everyone said he was a good kid”, my mom and her neighborhood friends would say that too.

And gated communities aren’t shit. They are just neighborhoods with gates.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Who knows what happened.

Maybe the guy was racist and questioned the kid for no good reason and the kid gave empty threats, creating the perception of a threat the neighborhood watch took seriously.
[/quote]

Which would totally prompt shooting him in the chest, amirite?

Goddamit. I swore I wasn’t going to comment, but you always bring out the turd in me, HG.

Messed up, sometimes I’m very glad firearm possession is generally a non-issue over here.

that lawyer needs to get his metaphors straight though, elephants weigh alot more then 600 pounds…

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Who knows what happened.

And before “everyone said he was a good kid”, my mom and her neighborhood friends would say that too.

And gated communities aren’t shit. They are just neighborhoods with gates.[/quote]

See here… I would think that you would be happy that being a douchbag and saying dumbass things isn’t punishable by death.

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Who knows what happened.

[/quote]

Which would totally prompt shooting him in the chest, amirite?

Goddamit. I swore I wasn’t going to comment, but you always bring out the turd in me, HG.[/quote]
Well a perceived threat is a threat. As long as we are playing the conjecture game, maybe he threatened to kill the old man, in which case, yes, a shot in the chest was justified.

Furthermore, had the story read “teen…” instead of “black teen…”, the conversation would have a different tone altogether. There is no real indication of racism.

Only projected conjecture, which is more telling than the story itself.

Veiled and even unrecognized racism showing up again, amiright?

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Who knows what happened.

And gated communities aren’t shit. They are just neighborhoods with gates.[/quote]
Yeah, cuz all you sad sacks would be dead.

See here… I would think that you would be happy that being a douchbag and saying dumbass things isn’t punishable by death.

[/quote]
Yeah, cuz all you sad sacks would be dead.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[/quote]

LOL. Yes, I do believe the “perception of a threat” is pretty clear.

Kid had no weapons. Unless Night Watch guy is going to claim he was assaulted, this is bullshit profiling and racism. He called 911. Why did he get involved after that?

Gated communities are shit because of the “elitism” like this. You step in if you see someone breaking into a house.

You don’t step in because someone is walking to a house.

In my gated neighborhood we know all the black residents because they’re all of one household.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
In my gated neighborhood we know all the black residents because they’re all of one household. [/quote]

LOL. I am betting that is exactly what Night Watch Guy said right before he fired.