Black Teen Shot 4

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

I’m so happy I wanna cry but I keep smiling!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I just hope that there will be success in the conviction. Nearly 2 months… 2 fucking months it took to see Killerman finally charged. At least now, Trayvon’s parents must be relieved their son’s killer is no longer free.

This is step 1 in the JUDICIAL PROCESS and I’m glad that charges have been be filled. Now, bring on the trial.

I would have preferred murder 1 or manslaughter but nvm, Murder 2 will do for now. And going by the current facts out there, I’ve got the feeling the Murder 2 Charge will be reduced to Manslaughter, which would still carry the maximum sentence of 30.
[/quote]

Mission accomplished. The angry mindless lynch mob has been satisfied, now we all that needs to be done is finish this charade of a murder trial and let Zimmerman go. [/quote]

You seem upset. Why?

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Well I found it interesting moreso because his lawyers abandoned him[/quote]

He’s an idiot who won’t call them, but will call the prosecutor and Shawn Hannity.

I’d fire him, too.[/quote]

His lawyers called a bizarre press conference and breached attorney client privilege by revealing a whole of information - that they couldn’t contact him, couldn’t find him, that he’d called the prosecutor etc. etc.

"The rules for confidentiality in the context of a lawyer-client relationship are unequivocal. The American Bar Association’s rules for professional responsibility state that “a lawyer shall not reveal information relating to the representation of a client unless the client gives informed consent.”

And lawyers don’t fire their clients. Smartass lawyers get fired by their clients.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

I just hope that there will be success in the conviction. Nearly 2 months… 2 fucking months it took to see Killerman finally charged. At least now, Trayvon’s parents must be relieved their son’s killer is no longer free.

This is step 1 in the JUDICIAL PROCESS and I’m glad that charges have been be filled. Now, bring on the trial.

I would have preferred murder 1 or manslaughter but nvm, Murder 2 will do for now. And going by the current facts out there, I’ve got the feeling the Murder 2 Charge will be reduced to Manslaughter, which would still carry the maximum sentence of 30.
[/quote]

Mission accomplished. The angry mindless lynch mob has been satisfied, now we all that needs to be done is finish this charade of a murder trial and let Zimmerman go. [/quote]

You seem upset. Why?
[/quote]

He seems a bit more than “upset”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[/quote]

You seem upset. Why?
[/quote]

He seems a bit more than “upset”.[/quote]
I read it as a wrap up of the bullshit racist sentiment taking center stage in a self defense case coming to a head and now we can get to the actual meaning of the legal implications at hand.

^Yes. And I’m confused as to why. All I have been hearing from the Zimmerman camp is “not to judge” and "innocent until proven guilty. Well here is the chance for all that to happen. But it seems that people have already concluded that he should be set free without completion of our judicial process.

Innocent until proven otherwise applies to Zimmerman but it also goes to Martin.

[quote]four60 wrote:
^Yes. And I’m confused as to why. All I have been hearing from the Zimmerman camp is “not to judge” and "innocent until proven guilty. Well here is the chance for all that to happen. But it seems that people have already concluded that he should be set free without completion of our judicial process.

[/quote]

A political climate has been created whereby it will be impossible for Zimmerman to get a fair trial.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[/quote]

A political climate has been created whereby it will be impossible for Zimmerman to get a fair trial.[/quote]

I refuse to buy into that way of thinking. Will it be an easy process? Maybe not but this is our system our way of law. This is part of the line we walk as citizens. He took a life. A question exist as to why, I see nothing wrong with how this is going so far. I see no sham no mockery. If someone has a better way let us all know.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[/quote]

A political climate has been created whereby it will be impossible for Zimmerman to get a fair trial.[/quote]

I refuse to buy into that way of thinking. Will it be an easy process? Maybe not but this is our system our way of law. This is part of the line we walk as citizens. He took a life. A question exist as to why, I see nothing wrong with how this is going so far. I see no sham no mockery. If someone has a better way let us all know.

[/quote]

I agree.
Let a good jury decide once all the facts are in.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m not saying they shouldn’t bring charges against him if they have sufficient evidence. I’m just very doubtful that he can get a fair trial.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m not saying they shouldn’t bring charges against him if they have sufficient evidence. I’m just very doubtful that he can get a fair trial.[/quote]

What does that have to do with the “anger” we are seeing in some of these posts?

I mean, that was the question to start with.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m not saying they shouldn’t bring charges against him if they have sufficient evidence. I’m just very doubtful that he can get a fair trial.[/quote]

What does that have to do with the “anger” we are seeing in some of these posts?

[/quote]
Nice deflection/projection

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wasn’t talking about that. I was talking specifically about:

"All I have been hearing from the Zimmerman camp is “not to judge” and “innocent until proven guilty. Well here is the chance for all that to happen. But it seems that people have already concluded that he should be set free without completion of our judicial process.”

It’s not quite as simple as that now that the process has been corrupted.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[/quote]

You seem upset. Why?
[/quote]

He seems a bit more than “upset”.[/quote]
I read it as a wrap up of the bullshit racist sentiment taking center stage in a self defense case coming to a head and now we can get to the actual meaning of the legal implications at hand.[/quote]
Bump

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"All I have been hearing from the Zimmerman camp is “not to judge” and “innocent until proven guilty. Well here is the chance for all that to happen. But it seems that people have already concluded that he should be set free without completion of our judicial process.”

It’s not quite as simple as that now that the process has been corrupted.[/quote]

I still don’t hear of any options. Unless you want to just let him go free. And again its the best system I know of. Its up to his lawyers to weed out in the jury process. The court is not MSNBC or CNN or Fox News. Can Bias raise its head in a court room? YES. That is why we have check and balance. I just can’t lead into the “impossible” way of thought.

Our country didn’t go that route in the south during the 30’s-70’s when it was thought “impossible” for a person of color to have a fair trial. We work within our laws for justice and if our laws fail us we work to change them, not abandon them. And we know this when we leave the house everyday. Zimmerman knew this when he left his house that day. And if he didn’t he should have.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It’s not quite as simple as that now that the process has been corrupted.[/quote]

I still don’t hear of any options. Unless you want to just let him go free. And again its the best system I know of. Its up to his lawyers to weed out in the jury process. The court is not MSNBC or CNN or Fox News. Can Bias raise its head in a court room? YES. That is why we have check and balance. I just can’t lead into the “impossible” way of thought.

Our country didn’t go that route in the south during the 30’s-70’s when it was thought “impossible” for a person of color to have a fair trial. We work within our laws for justice and if our laws fail us we work to change them, not abandon them. And we know this when we leave the house everyday. Zimmerman knew this when he left his house that day. And if he didn’t he should have.[/quote]

I’m glad you said it and not me. This country couldn’t get a fair trial for a black man through much of the last two centuries but media bias now means you get pissed at the justice system?

I’m glad you said it and not me. This country couldn’t get a fair trial for a black man through much of the last two centuries but media bias now means you get pissed at the justice system?[/quote]

Yeah, it’s such a terrible and racist country that most blacks in this country are descendants of voluntary immigrants — you know, because immigrants pick countries where they are discriminated against.

I just listed to a cab driver (black, from Zimbabwe) mock American-born blacks for 30 minutes. He had a point.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Our country didn’t go that route in the south during the 30’s-70’s when it was thought “impossible” for a person of color to have a fair trial. We work within our laws for justice and if our laws fail us we work to change them, not abandon them. And we know this when we leave the house everyday. Zimmerman knew this when he left his house that day. And if he didn’t he should have.[/quote]

I’m glad you said it and not me. This country couldn’t get a fair trial for a black man through much of the last two centuries but media bias now means you get pissed at the justice system?[/quote]
So two wrongs make a right? Again, letting the past live now won’t heal shit. Repackaged horse shit is still horse shit.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

Yeah, it’s such a terrible and racist country that most blacks in this country are descendants of voluntary immigrants — you know, because immigrants pick countries where they are discriminated against.

I just listed to a cab driver (black, from Zimbabwe) mock American-born blacks for 30 minutes. He had a point. [/quote]

?

I just posted facts that nearly 300 people have been incarcerated in this country newly freed due to DNA evidence (Many were on death row). Most of those people were minorities. Our justice system has had HUGE faults for a very long time. I am simply wondering why some of you are only NOW so “upset”.

[quote]four60 wrote:

Our country didn’t go that route in the south during the 30’s-70’s when it was thought “impossible” for a person of color to have a fair trial. We work within our laws for justice and if our laws fail us we work to change them, not abandon them. And we know this when we leave the house everyday.
[/quote]

As I said before I don’t advocate “letting him go free” - But the prosecution bears the burden to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt. And I don’t know any more than what’s in the public domain and some of that’s conflicting. So if the prosecution have sufficient evidence then they should go ahead. It will come down to the witness statements and testimony. But because they have already given conflicting statements - one talked to the media - the whole thing is messy.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

Our country didn’t go that route in the south during the 30’s-70’s when it was thought “impossible” for a person of color to have a fair trial. We work within our laws for justice and if our laws fail us we work to change them, not abandon them. And we know this when we leave the house everyday.
[/quote]

As I said before I don’t advocate “letting him go free” - But the prosecution bears the burden to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt. And I don’t know any more than what’s in the public domain and some of that’s conflicting. So if the prosecution have sufficient evidence then they should go ahead. It will come down to the witness statements and testimony. But because they have already given conflicting statements - one talked to the media - the whole thing is messy.[/quote]

I have little to no confidence in the witness testimony on either side ( at least from what we the public know of). All of them sounded like a bunch of “Maybe, Could be and What if’s”. I’m curious to see what comes from all of this.