Black Only Patronage

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
There happen to be more poor white people in this country than poor black people.

I actual agree with this. BUT you then have to ask the question of why black people tend to be “face” of welfare when white people receive 2/3 of welfare. The poor black communities are always pointed at when we talk about drugs,crime,intelligence,etc. Just something to think about.

[/quote]

Yes, those are stereotypes of the black community, but not exclusively. The white trash, trailer park stereotype receives the same blessings including being the face of welfare. They are portrayed in the media and movies just as poorly.

Iâ??m a southern protestant white male living in the bible belt. You think there are stereotypes people assume about me?

Heck, just going somewhere up north and speaking with a southern accent qualifies you for most of those discriminations.

I have no problem with advocating civil rights and condemning racism, but itâ??s foolish to think itâ??s an exclusive right of any one group of people.

[quote]jawara wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
There happen to be more poor white people in this country than poor black people.

I actual agree with this. BUT you then have to ask the question of why black people tend to be “face” of welfare when white people receive 2/3 of welfare. The poor black communities are always pointed at when we talk about drugs,crime,intelligence,etc. Just something to think about.

True. But I think if you look at a per capita percentage I think more blacks are on it. Their are just more white people in the country.[/quote]

This is true, however, the prototypical poor person in this country is still white. This is why when certain celebs/media portray people “not caring for the poor” as “not caring for blacks”, it pisses me off to no end.

umm, who cares?

The only thing interesting to me about it is the hypocrisy of those individuals who spend a great deal of time complaining about racism or alleged racism of others, or even apparently obsess about it, who themselves routinely base their decisions on the race of other people, and do so to more of an extent than do the people they complain about.

And there are such individuals.

It’s just an interesting irony.

are they going to want their own water fountains now too?

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
The only thing interesting to me about it is the hypocrisy of those individuals who spend a great deal of time complaining about racism or alleged racism of others, or even apparently obsess about it, who themselves routinely base their decisions on the race of other people, and do so to more of an extent than do the people they complain about.

It’s just an interesting irony.[/quote]

You mean like people who use the alleged barbarism of their enemies as an excuse to behave barbaric themselves?

Yes, that can be interesting.

if you’re only exclusively buying from blacks, might as well start working only for blacks…hahha that be funny. im sure the black owner of the supermarket is pretty impoverished considering people don’t judge the products the markets sells, but people refuse to go there because it’s black owned… setting up for failure

Now, if a group of respectful white folk tried to establish a white’s only store that would be racist. Huh, wonder why?

[quote]orion wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:

You mean like people who use the alleged barbarism of their enemies as an excuse to behave barbaric themselves?

[/quote]

It would help if you provided a quote so others could have a clue of what you are talking about, assuming it is not simply in the general. Knowing you, almost undoubtedly you have some criticize-the-United-States motivation, as the vast majority of your posts are driven by this, so I suppose you have something specific in mind. What it is though I don’t know. Maybe you should start your own thread as that is entirely off-topic, though.

Still, with your blame-America obsession, I suppose you couldn’t help posting off-topic. The pressure in your head must have been too much. But again, maybe it should go to its own thread.

orion wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:

It would help if you provided a quote so others could have a clue of what you are talking about, assuming it is not simply in the general. Knowing you, almost undoubtedly you have some criticize-the-United-States motivation, as the vast majority of your posts are driven by this, so I suppose you have something specific in mind. What it is though I don’t know. Maybe you should start your own thread as that is entirely off-topic, though.

Still, with your blame-America obsession, I suppose you couldn’t help posting off-topic. The pressure in your head must have been too much. But again, maybe it should go to its own thread.
[/quote]

But that was a “blame you and everyone that argues like you” post!

Exposing hypocrisy and all!

Where great men would laugh about themselves and order the alcoholic beverage of choice for the one responsible for this satori moment!

Besides, you know what I mean and so does everybody else at PWI for we are jaded, cynical bastards.

Seek help, Orion. You’ve descended to making zero sense whatsoever. Usually – well, almost invariably – your posts suffer from a derangement which skews your perspective, but given that skewing, they at least make sense if granting whatever erroneous premise you’re operating under. But the above does not make even a lick of sense.

Seek help, Orion. You’ve descended to making zero sense whatsoever. Usually – well, almost invariably – your posts suffer from a derangement which skews your perspective, but given that skewing, they at least make sense if granting whatever erroneous premise you’re operating under. But the above does not make even a lick of sense. [/quote]

Jaded, cynical bastards.

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
are they going to want their own water fountains now too?[/quote]

LOL - that one belongs in the Cringe Humor thread! Nice

This does bring up an interesting political thought that I have had for quite a number of years now - I believe communities (cities/towns) should be able to determine what type of community they are going to be - for instance, if a town wanted to only allow gay couples to live in it - they should be free to do so, if they wanted to establish a rule that all businesses had to be minority owned they should be free to do that . . . does that make sense to anyone else - it follows along with the right of free association . . .

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:
This does bring up an interesting political thought that I have had for quite a number of years now - I believe communities (cities/towns) should be able to determine what type of community they are going to be - for instance, if a town wanted to only allow gay couples to live in it - they should be free to do so, if they wanted to establish a rule that all businesses had to be minority owned they should be free to do that . . . does that make sense to anyone else - it follows along with the right of free association . . .[/quote]

except for the whole violating the constitution thing, sure this could make sense to some people.

Runyon v. McCrary

also the KKK has tried this exact idea your promoting. sounds like you’d fit right in.

its also not an example of free association, free association is protected in cases of : expressive associations and intimate associations.

your example is neither.

Whoa there buddy - just wanted to discuss the idea - not in a setting of American governance, but just as a practical concept . . . and I only mentioned the right of free association as a similar concept, not as proof . . . did not mean to ruffle your feathers . . .

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Now, if a group of respectful white folk tried to establish a white’s only store that would be racist. Huh, wonder why? [/quote]

As I understand it they aren’t trying to stop white people buying from them, they are trying to only buy from black businesses. You’re just warping the facts to suite your own ideology.

[quote]eigieinhamr wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
Now, if a group of respectful white folk tried to establish a white’s only store that would be racist. Huh, wonder why?

As I understand it they aren’t trying to stop white people buying from them, they are trying to only buy from black businesses. You’re just warping the facts to suite your own ideology.[/quote]

I think what growing boy meant was something like “Now, if a group of respectful white folk only purchased things from other white folk that would be racist. Huh, wonder why?”

and it would in fact, be racist.

These black people are being racist. I believe it is now safe to say that black people are not only the most racist people in this country, but they are the ones who bitch about being oppressed the most.

FIRE AWAY!!

edit: oh and don’t get me wrong, I love Africans. The nicest people that i have ever known were from Kenya. The nicest people you would ever meet.

American Blacks however…

From my understanding that is how a lot of Chinese communities(chinatown) and Korean communities and Russian Communities stay afloat… Am I wrong??? I have many Korean friends and they keep the money in their communities… They buy beer from their liquor stores, food from their marts, clothes from THEIR racks… they support each other and they seem to have the science down and are all mostly wealthy…

(example)A contractor buys only from his neighborhoods food stores/marts/appliance shops/bars, and when the said stores needs renovations they employ only said contractors, circling the money and when they get outside business(other races/communities) that only adds to their income and adds more “recycling” money to their trades. It makes sense and I just wish us black americans could unite and take care of each other… Not segregation, but unity… but also to know the importance of sharing with others in and out of our communities regardless of color/race/creed/ as it can promote/stimulate growth for all. But everybody has to participate… not just some…

[quote]malakuzzo wrote:
From my understanding that is how a lot of Chinese communities(chinatown) and Korean communities and Russian Communities stay afloat… Am I wrong??? I have many Korean friends and they keep the money in their communities… They buy beer from their liquor stores, food from their marts, clothes from THEIR racks… they support each other and they seem to have the science down and are all mostly wealthy… (example)A contractor buys only from his neighborhoods food stores/marts/appliance shops/bars, and when the said stores needs renovations they employ only said contractors, circling the money and when they get outside business(other races/communities) that only adds to their income and adds more “recycling” money to their trades. It makes sense and I just wish us black americans could unite and take care of each other… Not segregation, but unity… but also to know the importance of sharing with others in and out of our communities regardless of color/race/creed/ as it can promote/stimulate growth for all. But everybody has to participate… not just some…[/quote]

No, no, black americans should be stopped from trying to boost their community. We don’t want them going off welfare any time soon.