Black Friday Shoppers

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Q: What is ‘black friday’?

BBB

EDIT: Nevermind, I googled it.[/quote]

Its a day of hell for us Best Buy employees lol

I never understood why its such a big deal if i didnt work at Best Buy i would be keeping my happy ass in a bed. Then waking up and eating left overs.

[quote]Ground-N-Pound wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:

BBB

EDIT: Nevermind, I googled it.

I never understood why its such a big deal if i didnt work at Best Buy i would be keeping my happy ass in a bed. Then waking up and eating left overs.[/quote]

Dude, you’re not lying. What department are you in? I’m a good ol’ Rep 1, so, joy.

Im the CA Sup. So my hours are gonna suckkkkkk lol

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
Personally, I think the Black Friday ordeal is just a marketing ploy.[/quote]

This made me LOL.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Ground-N-Pound wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:

BBB

EDIT: Nevermind, I googled it.

I never understood why its such a big deal if i didnt work at Best Buy i would be keeping my happy ass in a bed. Then waking up and eating left overs.

Dude, you’re not lying. What department are you in? I’m a good ol’ Rep 1, so, joy.[/quote]

HA I use to be a Rep1 and now I’m a C/A.

My first day on a register by myself was Black Friday. It was awesome. What store number are you guys at.

[quote]EG wrote:
I work at Best Buy and people start lining up at my store at around 6-7pm on THURSDAY night. By the time we open at 4am the line has wrapped out the store and the Barnes & Noble beside us at LEAST 10 times.

Happy shopping.[/quote]

I work there too and … as a computer salesperson… I feel your pain.

Are the sales really that good? What’s your insider perspective?

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Are the sales really that good? What’s your insider perspective? [/quote]

Yeah some of the sales are just insane.
Last year we had a 24" flatscreen monitor for $100.00 (gone in about half an hour)

and sometimes stores like amazon will have a $100.00 xbox 360 or ps3 or something. Those usually sell out within seconds of midnight… seriously.

Best Buy has TONS of deals, you can find a lot of the black friday ads online.
I know another best buy worker who has had access to the black friday ads and he said they’re impressive, just like last year.

Basically, we sell everything as cheap as profitably possible

I would have to say the ad is not as aggressive as in past years. (its posted on BestBuy.com now) There are some really good deals though, most of the insane deals are “door busters” that we will have a very limited amount of. I do a lot of my personal dvd shopping that day because the deals are really good on those. Best Buy looses a lot of money that day on the ad items a lot are priced below cost. So for us that bonus that day, its horrible.

One year we woke up at 230am to drive 35 mins to Circuit City for a great deal on a laptop. Got there and already about 75 people were in line at 3am.
They started handing out those tickets, and the laptop deal ran out about 10-15 people ahead of me. It was cold, I was tired, and I was pissed. Never again.