T Nation

Black Ex-Marine Shot in His Own Home

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
^ No this SO FAR with the evidence that has came out is clear cut fucking murder and I do hope and pray that the shooter gets murder charges and convicted. [/quote]

But note the initial reaction.

The first reaction was to immediately side with the cops, call the veteran “crazy”, assume he just lost his mind for no reason, that the family made up all the racial slurs and that the cops must have had a good reason for murdering him.

I don’t understand that initial reaction. You would have to be raised to be blind to quite a lot of wrong doings to have that mind set.

If this case got that reaction simply because of the “race debate” that makes it even worse because it means people are less likely to question these negative acts simply because they won’t allow themselves to believe racism is still a valid factor costing lives in our current society…because it’s just “them”.[/quote]

THIS

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Oh…oh this is the evidence? Man! I thought this was all in our minds! Like we were living in a fairy tale land with racism and violence[/quote]

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

That right there is the most idiotic thing I’ve read all week. Thanks for the laugh.[/quote]

Why?

[/quote]

I’ve cut off the rest of your comment. Forget the rest of what you said. Let’s look at the “why” - at what the other guy said.

He said,

“We have reached a point w/video & audio recording technology that all evidence submitted by law enforcement should be corroborated with video and/or audio to be considered valid.”

It’s difficult to explain because there are so many reasons why it’s so ridiculous. Do you know what percentage of evidence submitted by law enforcement is audio or video today? It would less than 1%. “Evidence” presented by law enforcement/public prosecutor consists of everything from a police officer’s hand written notes to a witness giving evidence to corrobate their written statement to the statement itself to the gun to an architectural diagram of Yankee Stadium or a DNA report or shoe or a tax declaration. So to say all evidence has to be audio or video doesn’t make any sense.

But to assume he means audio or video evidence of a murder or killing or something - almost as ridiculous - for example, if someone murders someone, in front of a dozen witnesses and leaves their DNA all over and in the body and a trail of the victim’s blood leading back to their house where they are found clutching the murder weapon and so on - none of it on tape - then the police would have no case. Do you know what percentage of murder convictions are obtained without audio or video evidence? The majority to be certain.[/quote]

So what?

Lets slap a camera on them the very second they start their shift.

They lie, the rest covers for them.

If you get a badge, a gun and the license to kill that is the very least one could ask of you.

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Oh…oh this is the evidence? Man! I thought this was all in our minds! Like we were living in a fairy tale land with racism and violence[/quote]


[/quote]

See?

Cams are a good thing.

Can’t see your pic/video post I’m at work…im sure it’s hilarious lol

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Oh…oh this is the evidence? Man! I thought this was all in our minds! Like we were living in a fairy tale land with racism and violence[/quote]


[/quote]

What’s the point here? That the only difference between the actions of criminal gangs and certain law enforcement officers is the uniform? A law abiding citizen doesn’t expect honorable behavior from criminals. It is to demanded from our justice institutions.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Oh…oh this is the evidence? Man! I thought this was all in our minds! Like we were living in a fairy tale land with racism and violence[/quote]


[/quote]

What’s the point here? That the only difference between the actions of criminal gangs and certain law enforcement officers is the uniform? A law abiding citizen doesn’t expect honorable behavior from criminals. It is to demanded from our justice institutions.
[/quote]

Maybe the point is just to acknowledge that, yes, racism is alive and well.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Oh…oh this is the evidence? Man! I thought this was all in our minds! Like we were living in a fairy tale land with racism and violence[/quote]


[/quote]

What’s the point here? That the only difference between the actions of criminal gangs and certain law enforcement officers is the uniform? A law abiding citizen doesn’t expect honorable behavior from criminals. It is to demanded from our justice institutions.
[/quote]

Maybe the point is just to acknowledge that, yes, racism is alive and well.[/quote]

No, as was pointed out (the same thing we have been saying for weeks now) there is a HUGE difference between a criminal mob and THE COPS. if they are now interchangeable, we are all in trouble.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Oh…oh this is the evidence? Man! I thought this was all in our minds! Like we were living in a fairy tale land with racism and violence[/quote]


[/quote]

What’s the point here? That the only difference between the actions of criminal gangs and certain law enforcement officers is the uniform? A law abiding citizen doesn’t expect honorable behavior from criminals. It is to demanded from our justice institutions.
[/quote]

Maybe the point is just to acknowledge that, yes, racism is alive and well.[/quote]

No, as was pointed out (the same thing we have been saying for weeks now) there is a HUGE difference between a criminal mob and THE COPS. if they are now interchangeable, we are all in trouble.
[/quote]

They need not be in order to both be racism. The comment this was posted on was “fairy tale land with racism and violence”. This is a case of immensely violent racism in the world. It fits the comment to a T. This is evidence to a world still filled with racism. I actually agrees with and supports the statement.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

They need not be in order to both be racism. The comment this was posted on was “fairy tale land with racism and violence”. This is a case of immensely violent racism in the world. It fits the comment to a T. This is evidence to a world still filled with racism. I actually agrees with and supports the statement.[/quote]

If the response to blacks being murdered by POLICE is to go find whatever story available just to show some form of racism against whites (even though it is NOT coming from an INSTITUTION like the police) then the point is still being lost.

I don’t think any person on this board thinks there isn’t racism all over the world.

To be fair, I do not think that a cop calling anyone the magic asterisks word, or spic, kike, whatever is necessarily racist.

What he probably is is someone who wants to dominate and does not care how he does that.

Racial or ethnic epithets lend themselves to humiliate other people.

Small dicks, big guns, not the best of combinations.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

They need not be in order to both be racism. The comment this was posted on was “fairy tale land with racism and violence”. This is a case of immensely violent racism in the world. It fits the comment to a T. This is evidence to a world still filled with racism. I actually agrees with and supports the statement.[/quote]

If the response to blacks being murdered by POLICE is to go find whatever story available just to show some form of racism against whites (even though it is NOT coming from an INSTITUTION like the police) then the point is still being lost.

I don’t think any person on this board thinks there isn’t racism all over the world. [/quote]

You are right, getting beating by cop fists hurts way more than gang fists.

Cops do bad things to everyone, regardless of race.

Racism is as racism does. You always find a way to dismiss and downplay racism against whites. Somehow, no matter how bad or what the facts, it just never “counts” in your book.

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Can’t see your pic/video post I’m at work…im sure it’s hilarious lol[/quote]
Hilarious?

About as funny as a couple blacks swinging from a tree I suppose. Or an unemployment line. Whichever line of sick humor you prefer.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

They need not be in order to both be racism. The comment this was posted on was “fairy tale land with racism and violence”. This is a case of immensely violent racism in the world. It fits the comment to a T. This is evidence to a world still filled with racism. I actually agrees with and supports the statement.[/quote]

If the response to blacks being murdered by POLICE is to go find whatever story available just to show some form of racism against whites (even though it is NOT coming from an INSTITUTION like the police) then the point is still being lost.

I don’t think any person on this board thinks there isn’t racism all over the world. [/quote]

You are right, getting beating by cop fists hurts way more than gang fists.

Cops do bad things to everyone, regardless of race.

Racism is as racism does. You always find a way to dismiss and downplay racism against whites. Somehow, no matter how bad or what the facts, it just never “counts” in your book.[/quote]

I’m not downplaying anything. One has to do with how a whole race of people is being treated. The other are single instances of violence by flat out criminals. The entire issue that has been explained for several threads now is AUTHORITY.

Cops mistreating a race of people causes more social damage than some flat out criminals doing what criminals do.

If you can’t understand that, just say so…but quit acting like anyone is dismissing violence.

[quote]orion wrote:
To be fair, I do not think that a cop calling anyone the magic asterisks word, or spic, kike, whatever is necessarily racist.

What he probably is is someone who wants to dominate and does not care how he does that.

Racial or ethnic epithets lend themselves to humiliate other people.

Small dicks, big guns, not the best of combinations.[/quote]

I tend to agree. His racial comment is actually the least of my concerns as far as this incident. This was a veteran who got shafted by cops and then they lied about it.

I don’t like that.

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Oh…oh this is the evidence? Man! I thought this was all in our minds! Like we were living in a fairy tale land with racism and violence[/quote]


[/quote]
Should’ve had a gun. Or at least a knife. What are you going to do in a group setting? Ohwaitthatsrightitwouldhavebeenracisttoshoot.

[quote]orion wrote:

So what?

Lets slap a camera on them the very second they start their shift.

They lie, the rest covers for them.

If you get a badge, a gun and the license to kill that is the very least one could ask of you.

[/quote]

I agree with this idea wholeheartedly. Cops are people, and some people inevitably become corrupted by power and end up abusing that power and we need to hold them accountable for their actions, which seems to be a bit of a problem with our current system of law enforcement. There is no reason in this day and age why we we can’t include recorders and/or video recording devices with the rest of the equipment provided to police officers, as well as require them to be on and unobstructed, in order to keep them honest.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

They need not be in order to both be racism. The comment this was posted on was “fairy tale land with racism and violence”. This is a case of immensely violent racism in the world. It fits the comment to a T. This is evidence to a world still filled with racism. I actually agrees with and supports the statement.[/quote]

If the response to blacks being murdered by POLICE is to go find whatever story available just to show some form of racism against whites (even though it is NOT coming from an INSTITUTION like the police) then the point is still being lost.

I don’t think any person on this board thinks there isn’t racism all over the world. [/quote]

You are right, getting beating by cop fists hurts way more than gang fists.

Cops do bad things to everyone, regardless of race.

Racism is as racism does. You always find a way to dismiss and downplay racism against whites. Somehow, no matter how bad or what the facts, it just never “counts” in your book.[/quote]

I’m not downplaying anything. One has to do with how a whole race of people is being treated. The other are single instances of violence by flat out criminals. The entire issue that has been explained for several threads now is AUTHORITY.

Cops mistreating a race of people causes more social damage than some flat out criminals doing what criminals do.

If you can’t understand that, just say so…but quit acting like anyone is dismissing violence.[/quote]

But if cops are doing it than the are mere criminals.

Gangs have more authority someplace than cops.

Besides, authority in context of the situation is absolute, even if its a gang.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

But if cops are doing it than the are mere criminals.

Gangs have more authority someplace than cops.

Besides, authority in context of the situation is absolute, even if its a gang.[/quote]

Dude, who are you playing games with?

Last I checked, the Bloods don’t have the power to kill someone and have their version believed above any other in the courtroom based on them only being Bloods. They can’t kill someone and get off scott free from it with absolutely no reprimand.

Cops have power that gang members and criminals do NOT have.

I’m done even explaining this because acting like you can’t grasp this is insulting to me.

There isn’t one gang member around that carries the authority and control of the court like a police officer.

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

So what?

Lets slap a camera on them the very second they start their shift.

They lie, the rest covers for them.

If you get a badge, a gun and the license to kill that is the very least one could ask of you.

[/quote]

I agree with this idea wholeheartedly. Cops are people, and some people inevitably become corrupted by power and end up abusing that power and we need to hold them accountable for their actions, which seems to be a bit of a problem with our current system of law enforcement. There is no reason in this day and age why we we can’t include recorders and/or video recording devices with the rest of the equipment provided to police officers, as well as require them to be on and unobstructed, in order to keep them honest.[/quote]
Although the police are a government institution, my fear would be a precedent eroding privacy in general. We are close enough to a big brother state as it is. An infrequent abuse of power doesn’t warrant drastic observatory procedure imo. As a matter of fact, I don’t want a police force who hesitates in the “heat of the moment” for fear of national media attention and unfair political floggings.

I haven’t really been following this case but so far we have two stories right? Police story vs. family story?