T Nation

Black Ex-Marine Shot in His Own Home

This looks pretty bad. Anyone have that video?

[quote]andy1977 wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:
The guy had a history of mental health problems and attacked cops with a butcher knife and a hatchet. His family is trying to ride the Trayvon Martin wave and cash in. Disgusting, and you sheep are eating it right up.

The case has already been scheduled for investigation by a Grand Jury. [/quote]

LOL at being for “stand your ground” in one thread but perfectly ok with cops breaking down someone’s door and that person NOT being allowed to protect his home and self from it.

LO fucking L[/quote]

You can not attack cops no matter where you are you fucking idiot.[/quote]

There is a bit of a story to this, but I promise there is a point. I used to live fairly close to an ex U.S. Army Special Forces soldier. Some people call them Green Berets, but a beret is an ugly french head piece. Anyway, he ran a jump school and he was proficient at jumping out of a plane anyway that is humanly possible and landing without a scratch. He told a couple stories about his time in Vietnam, but only to people who would not ask him about it, and he appeared to miss being there. One of the things he said that I will never forget is that he sits awake for several hours some nights with a rifle in his hands, a round in the chamber, a loaded magazine, the safety off, and his index finger on the trigger, just hoping some guys try to come through the door, so he can blow them away.

As we all know, police sometimes break into homes that they suspect illegal drugs are in, and they try to do this as quickly as possible, so the suspected criminal(s) cannot get rid of said drugs before police get inside. Hypothetically speaking, if police tried to break into the ex SF soldier’s house and he mowed them down as soon as the cops hit the door, and there were no drugs in the home, was the ex SF soldier doing something illegal by protecting his home from police?
[/quote]

That would depend wouldn’t it? If he knew he was shooting at police and he was not able to substantiate a “reasonable” case that he was in genuine fear for his life or insane then he would be “doing something illegal” wouldn’t he?

EDIT: Another thing. If he revealed or it came out that he had “s[a]t awake for several hours…with a rifle in his hands, a round in the chamber, a loaded magazine, the safety off, and his index finger on the trigger, just hoping some guys try to come through the door, so he can blow them away” then that would:

A. Help with a “not guilty on the grounds of insanity” plea

but

B. Indicate premeditation which would invite “murder” charges(as opposed to manslaughter) by the prosecutor and also undermine the defenedant’s insanity defence, because the premeditation indicates some ability to act rationally.

That right there is the most idiotic thing I’ve read all week. Thanks for the laugh.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

That right there is the most idiotic thing I’ve read all week. Thanks for the laugh.[/quote]

Why?

Most of the time when they say something and the video comes out it turns out they lied.

I can only remember one case when the video actually proved that the officer had every right to defend himself which is why he was not prosecuted for killing a man who tried to ram him with his car or some such.

So, given that they seem to be habitual liars and it can actually help their lying little asses when they acted withing the realm of the law I dont see the problem.

THEY serve the PEOPLE.

Allegedly.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

That right there is the most idiotic thing I’ve read all week. Thanks for the laugh.[/quote]

Why?

Most of the time when they say something and the video comes out it turns out they lied.

I can only remember one case when the video actually proved that the officer had every right to defend himself which is why he was not prosecuted for killing a man who tried to ram him with his car or some such.

So, given that they seem to be habitual liars and it can actually help their lying little asses when they acted withing the realm of the law I dont see the problem.

THEY serve the PEOPLE.

Allegedly. [/quote]

Honestly, the people who leaped forward to act as if the guy who got shot must have just been crazy so it was justified are who scare the shit out of me…because they seem to be cheering on the loss of our freedoms…while also yelling they should have more with guns. That makes little sense to me.

This guy was shot in his own home for no reason because the cops felt they had enough authority to kill him AND lie about it AND get away with it.

People who are ok with that worry me.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Why?

THEY serve the PEOPLE.

Allegedly. [/quote]

Honestly, the people who leaped forward to act as if the guy who got shot must have just been crazy so it was justified are who scare the shit out of me…because they seem to be cheering on the loss of our freedoms…while also yelling they should have more with guns. That makes little sense to me.

This guy was shot in his own home for no reason because the cops felt they had enough authority to kill him AND lie about it AND get away with it.

People who are ok with that worry me.[/quote]

Remember this. Cops are people also and do not get a free pass.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Why?

THEY serve the PEOPLE.

Allegedly. [/quote]

People who are ok with that worry me.[/quote]

Remember this. Cops are people also and do not get a free pass. [/quote]

These jackasses just called me an idiot for stating that…as if in their minds, it is perfectly ok for cops to break down your door whenever they want even if it is the wrong house.

People like that are only ok with things like this as long as it is “them” who has to deal with it.

This man said he was ok, the alert management company even called the cops and said he was ok and his family said he was ok. They lied about the attack, they called him names and killed him…and people are ok with this.

That is fucking mind blowing that people like that call other people “sheep”.

^ No this SO FAR with the evidence that has came out is clear cut fucking murder and I do hope and pray that the shooter gets murder charges and convicted.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
^ No this SO FAR with the evidence that has came out is clear cut fucking murder and I do hope and pray that the shooter gets murder charges and convicted. [/quote]

But note the initial reaction.

The first reaction was to immediately side with the cops, call the veteran “crazy”, assume he just lost his mind for no reason, that the family made up all the racial slurs and that the cops must have had a good reason for murdering him.

I don’t understand that initial reaction. You would have to be raised to be blind to quite a lot of wrong doings to have that mind set.

If this case got that reaction simply because of the “race debate” that makes it even worse because it means people are less likely to question these negative acts simply because they won’t allow themselves to believe racism is still a valid factor costing lives in our current society…because it’s just “them”.

I wonder what the response would have been if it was a white body builder and was accused of roid rage?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Why?

[/quote]

I’ve cut off the rest of your comment. Forget the rest of what you said. Let’s look at the “why” - at what the other guy said.

He said,

“We have reached a point w/video & audio recording technology that all evidence submitted by law enforcement should be corroborated with video and/or audio to be considered valid.”

It’s difficult to explain because there are so many reasons why it’s so ridiculous. Do you know what percentage of evidence submitted by law enforcement is audio or video today? It would less than 1%. “Evidence” presented by law enforcement/public prosecutor consists of everything from a police officer’s hand written notes to a witness giving evidence to corrobate their written statement to the statement itself to the gun to an architectural diagram of Yankee Stadium or a DNA report or shoe or a tax declaration. So to say all evidence has to be audio or video doesn’t make any sense.

But to assume he means audio or video evidence of a murder or killing or something - almost as ridiculous - for example, if someone murders someone, in front of a dozen witnesses and leaves their DNA all over and in the body and a trail of the victim’s blood leading back to their house where they are found clutching the murder weapon and so on - none of it on tape - then the police would have no case. Do you know what percentage of murder convictions are obtained without audio or video evidence? The majority to be certain.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Why?

[/quote]

I’ve cut off the rest of your comment. Forget the rest of what you said. Let’s look at the “why” - at what the other guy said.

He said,

“We have reached a point w/video & audio recording technology that all evidence submitted by law enforcement should be corroborated with video and/or audio to be considered valid.”

It’s difficult to explain because there are so many reasons why it’s so ridiculous. Do you know what percentage of evidence submitted by law enforcement is audio or video today? It would less than 1%. “Evidence” presented by law enforcement/public prosecutor consists of everything from a police officer’s hand written notes to a witness giving evidence to corrobate their written statement to the statement itself to the gun to an architectural diagram of Yankee Stadium or a DNA report or shoe or a tax declaration. So to say all evidence has to be audio or video doesn’t make any sense.

But to assume he means audio or video evidence of a murder or killing or something - almost as ridiculous - for example, if someone murders someone, in front of a dozen witnesses and leaves their DNA all over and in the body and a trail of the victim’s blood leading back to their house where they are found clutching the murder weapon and so on - none of it on tape - then the police would have no case. Do you know what percentage of murder convictions are obtained without audio or video evidence? The majority to be certain.[/quote]

Perhaps I should have stated ‘all interactions between law enforcement personel and the public’. I think most people in the room knew what i meant.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I wonder what the response would have been if it was a white body builder and was accused of roid rage? [/quote]
Alien conspiracy.

[quote]orion wrote:
And so it begins…

The former Marine shot by cops in his apartment died from a single bullet that entered his right arm and ripped through both lungs, according to an autopsy report obtained by the Daily News.

The lawyer for Kenneth Chamberlain?s family said the autopsy contradicts the police account of his death.

Cops say Chamberlain, 68, was advancing toward police with a butcher knife on Nov. 19 when White Plains Police Officer Anthony Carelli fired two shots to stop him.

Randolph McLaughlin, attorney for Chamberlain?s family, said the trajectory of the fatal bullet suggests Chamberlain was neither facing the police nor holding up a weapon.

?The report clearly shows that Mr. Chamberlain?s arm could not have been raised in a threatening manner with a knife at the moment he was shot,? McLaughlin told The News on Monday night.

The report, completed Nov. 21 by acting Westchester County Chief Medical Examiner Kunjlata Ashar, shows the fatal bullet struck Chamberlain from the side in the ?right upper arm, 4½ inches from the right shoulder.?

It went through his arm without hitting bone and entered his right chest, ?then passed through the upper lobe of right lung … through the thoracic vertebra 4 and then through the upper lobe of left lung,? the report said.

?The direction of the wound track is from right to left in a straight line,? Ashar wrote.
Chamberlain died from hemorrhaging in the lungs. The second shot apparently missed.

Police officials have said the officer fired in self-defense and that the shooting fell within department guidelines.

The report offers no opinion as to whether Chamberlain was holding a knife in a threatening manner.

The medical examiner?s office couldn?t immediately be reached.

Since Chamberlain is right-handed, his right arm would have to have been at his side for the bullet to pass through his arms and lungs in a straight line, McLaughlin said.

Because the bullet came from the side, not straight on, the report ?makes it impossible for him to be holding a knife in his hand and advancing on police,? he said.

Chamberlain, a heart patient whose yelling from inside his apartment had attracted police to his house before, was killed inside his apartment after police responded to a mistaken medical alert.

They ignored his repeated screams and yells telling them to go away and broke down his door, shooting him with a Taser and a beanbag gun before felling him with a bullet.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/marine-shot-white-plains-police-died-bullet-entered-arm-ripped-lungs-autopsy-reveals-article-1.1058986[/quote]

Oh…oh this is the evidence? Man! I thought this was all in our minds! Like we were living in a fairy tale land with racism and violence

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
^ No this SO FAR with the evidence that has came out is clear cut fucking murder and I do hope and pray that the shooter gets murder charges and convicted. [/quote]

But note the initial reaction.

The first reaction was to immediately side with the cops, call the veteran “crazy”, assume he just lost his mind for no reason, that the family made up all the racial slurs and that the cops must have had a good reason for murdering him.

I don’t understand that initial reaction. You would have to be raised to be blind to quite a lot of wrong doings to have that mind set.

If this case got that reaction simply because of the “race debate” that makes it even worse because it means people are less likely to question these negative acts simply because they won’t allow themselves to believe racism is still a valid factor costing lives in our current society…because it’s just “them”.[/quote]

THIS

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Oh…oh this is the evidence? Man! I thought this was all in our minds! Like we were living in a fairy tale land with racism and violence[/quote]

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Why?

[/quote]

He said,

But to assume he means audio or video evidence of a murder or killing or something - almost as ridiculous - for example, if someone murders someone, in front of a dozen witnesses and leaves their DNA all over and in the body and a trail of the victim’s blood leading back to their house where they are found clutching the murder weapon and so on - none of it on tape - then the police would have no case. Do you know what percentage of murder convictions are obtained without audio or video evidence? The majority to be certain.[/quote]

So what?

Lets slap a camera on them the very second they start their shift.

They lie, the rest covers for them.

If you get a badge, a gun and the license to kill that is the very least one could ask of you.

[quote]overstand wrote:

Oh…oh this is the evidence? Man! I thought this was all in our minds! Like we were living in a fairy tale land with racism and violence[/quote]

[/quote]

See?

Cams are a good thing.

Can’t see your pic/video post I’m at work…im sure it’s hilarious lol

[quote]overstand wrote:

[/quote]

What’s the point here? That the only difference between the actions of criminal gangs and certain law enforcement officers is the uniform? A law abiding citizen doesn’t expect honorable behavior from criminals. It is to demanded from our justice institutions.