Black Book Of Training Secrets Periodization Deload Explanation

I am currently following the periodization protocol in Black Book and I am in my deload week. I am using the protocol as a bodybuilder.

I am still in the first block and its unbelievable how much I have improved already. I feel really strong right now with muscle bellies super full, but I am in my deload week (Dropped volume by 50% and intensity by 10% for deload week) and I feel like I am holding myself back when I really really want to just tear through more PR’s!

My question for you CT is, do I HAVE to take the two days off at the end of the deload week? I feel extremely strong and energized from following your protocol. Would the deload week be enough for CNS and muscular super compensation WITHOUT the 2 rest days at the end of deload week?

[quote]Drivennn wrote:
I am currently following the periodization protocol in Black Book and I am in my deload week. I am using the protocol as a bodybuilder.

I am still in the first block and its unbelievable how much I have improved already. I feel really strong right now with muscle bellies super full, but I am in my deload week (Dropped volume by 50% and intensity by 10% for deload week) and I feel like I am holding myself back when I really really want to just tear through more PR’s!

My question for you CT is, do I HAVE to take the two days off at the end of the deload week? I feel extremely strong and energized from following your protocol. Would the deload week be enough for CNS and muscular super compensation WITHOUT the 2 rest days at the end of deload week? [/quote]

No you don’t have too… however it is always better to take it down a notch rather than have your own body pull you down.

But the goal of the deload is just that: to get you stronger and hungry to train. I personally call it a peak week now, because at the end you are in peak physical condition and just eat up the weights afterwards.

Great advice. Thanks!