BJJ

Man, I did BJJ for the first time tonight (18 years old, freshman in college) and it’s awesome. I wrestled for five years, so that might help, but man… it’s fun as hell.

[quote]DemiAjax wrote:
Man, I did BJJ for the first time tonight (18 years old, freshman in college) and it’s awesome. I wrestled for five years, so that might help, but man… it’s fun as hell. [/quote]

Hells yeah. Best stuff man. Does your school do a lot of rolling?

-Fireplug

Yea it’s great. I’m a freshman in college as well.

I own a Carlson Gracie BJJ Academy, and one thing is for sure, our large size and stregth as power lifters or bodybuilders do nest to nothing against good BJJ technique.

I’m a college sophmore, and I have been rolling for a little over a year. I love it to flexibility will get you farther then strength will.

Rigan Machado is coming to do a seminar at our school tomarrow, it is going to be awesome.

Is anyone planning to go to NAGA in Chicago in may?

[quote]pgreen29 wrote:
I own a Carlson Gracie BJJ Academy, and one thing is for sure, our large size and stregth as power lifters or bodybuilders do nest to nothing against good BJJ technique.
[/quote]

I completely agree. Be careful, talk like that will get you flamed around here. Believe me, I’ve been torched by my fellow T-Nation readers for saying time on the mat is more important than time under the bar for a martial artist. Hang in there. jamej