BJJ Gi

I’m trying to find a Krugans single weave or a similar gi. I usually buy from jiujitsuprogear.com, but they’ve been out for over six months and I’m not sure when they’ll be getting more in stock. I don’t like Korals, Vulkans, or Keiko Raca either as their cut tends to be for the more svelte, streamlined individuals.

I’ve seen them on brazilian fightwear.com, but I would prefer not to use an outlet outside of the US, especially one from Brazil as they can be slow as hell and unreliable.

I’ve got an Atama which is a similar fit, but I prefer the Krugans single as it doesn’t have a seam down the middle of the back. This is my last ditch effort as I’m somewhat desperate and have exhausted other avenues.

I was going to suggest the Atama golden weave.

I have used some of the mizuno judo gi’s in the past. Super rugged, a little heavy. they make a decent single weave…
is it hot where you train?
kmc

Get the fuck outta here don’t like Korals

(jk I know NOTHING about gi’s)

other than my friend (bjj brown belt i think now) SWEARS by lucky gi’s

I have an Atama double weave and it doesn’t have any seam down the middle of the back, but does have one across the shoulders. Apparently there is a newer model from Atama that says the pants and jacket contain no seams at all.

Most people I know that have tried Atama never look anywhere else :slight_smile:

I have an HCK standard white gi and a Mizano summer gi.

The summer gi is way lighter and more comfortable than the HCK. The HCK has a thicker collar, making it harder for guys to get chokes. (If you haven’t trained gi in a while, watch your neck, lol.)

xen hates gis.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
I was going to suggest the Atama golden weave.

I have used some of the mizuno judo gi’s in the past. Super rugged, a little heavy. they make a decent single weave…
is it hot where you train?
kmc
[/quote]

Yeah, I live in Hawaii…not as hot as other places in the summer but still warm enough that I prefer single weaves…I really hate those summer weaves that a lot of brands are coming out with, it’s like rolling in a long sleeve shirt.

Thanks guys, I think I’m going to go ahead and try one of the new Atama’s (Mundial 5 I think) but I’m not sure if I’ll like the weave as much as I haven’t had any experience with the ‘carioca weave.’

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
I have an HCK standard white gi and a Mizano summer gi.

The summer gi is way lighter and more comfortable than the HCK. The HCK has a thicker collar, making it harder for guys to get chokes. (If you haven’t trained gi in a while, watch your neck, lol.)[/quote]

How do you roll in an HK? My friend bought a double and the thing is practically bullet proof.

the howard stuff is rugged as hell.
I rolled with someone who had one and he was
smilling the entire time… we cracked up.

It felt like a carhart jacket.
kmc

padilla and sons

I have 2. Great Gi, great price

matrat.us

Agreed with Padilla and Sons. The best kept secret in BJJ…
check this review http://smashpass.blogspot.com/2007/07/gi-review-

padilla-sons-gold-weave.html

Oh snap those are nice…

if i can get one in purple id be down to start rollin in a gi

Heh, I do like Padilla and Sons and have one of their gis, but I’m not as comfortable using it in competition because of the judo sleeves. Good gi though - comfortable, cheap, and sturdy.

http://smashpass.blogspot.com/2007/07/gi-review-

padilla-sons-gold-weave.html

You can get this one in camo.

https://www.hatashitasports.com/product-

description.php?PID=359&CategoryID=34&source=#

kmc

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Heh, I do like Padilla and Sons and have one of their gis, but I’m not as comfortable using it in competition because of the judo sleeves. Good gi though - comfortable, cheap, and sturdy.[/quote]

I had heard this critique, but I think his newer Gi sleeves are not as wide as they used to be