Bjj 101

Hey friends,

Thanks for the replies.

Magick: I think judo would be too hard on my already banged up body. Looks like fun though.

Casey: I hear you on the warm-ups. I usually spend 20 minutes warming up before I leave for training.

HP: You make some really good points. My dojo has a even mix of abilities and everyone seems to be passionate about learning the art. The “sensei” is a black belt who has been doing BJJ for 19 years. He gets a little in-patient with me sometimes, although I suppose thats expected with white belts. Everyone is the class is willing to help, and I constantly get really good info from the newer white belts who some have only been training a year.

I suppose my goals for doing BJJ is for all the reasons you mentioned. I like the idea of having some ability to defend myself, and I am also considering maybe doing 1 day a week of some basic boxing stuff to learn how to throw a punch. I am open to the idea of competing although I realise I am a long way from that happening.

tweet

Bird, I found this guy’s ebook to be helpful, even though I have some experience in BJJ.

It’s called “Roadmap to BJJ” and it’s free. Obviously he will send you emails afterwards, but you can opt out if you like.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Bird, I found this guy’s ebook to be helpful, even though I have some experience in BJJ.

It’s called “Roadmap to BJJ” and it’s free. Obviously he will send you emails afterwards, but you can opt out if you like.

Thanks mate.

I will have a look today.

By the way, Im finding your thread into your journey back into MA interesting. Good luck on your journey.

tweet