Bitches in the Gym

By the way, this thread shoulda been about hot bitches in sports bras.

What a fuckin jip

I’d be happy to find a gym where the “bitches” know what a deadlift looks like.

[quote]Game_over wrote:
ya i not cutting on you but i dont know if id brag about pulling 405 lol[/quote]

At my gym, such a poundage would certainly attract a crowd. I and one or two older lifters are the only ones who seem to deadlift with any consistency. Even the “big” guys seem to avoid heavy pulling.

Really? well then ill put my foot in my mouth and shut up. Being where im from the deadlift corresponds directly with a lot of work around. ie; bailing hay/straw, stacking railroad ties, just normal farm work so in turn the clean and deadlift are probably the two best lifts. Id be willing to bet 75% of our local high school football team could pull 4 plates. so sorry gents i live in a bubble lol

when i first deadlifted it was with a rounded lower back…let me tell you all, it didnt work out for me too well…infact im still suffering from it now and i wasnt pulling anything REMOTELY impressive

I think that slight rouning is ok. As long as your back dosent look like this “?”. When the intensity is high, sometimes I have a slight “round” in my back on squats but if something started to feel funny, I would drop the weight in a heartbeat. Hasnt happened yet knock on wood…

[quote]Game_over wrote:
ya i not cutting on you but i dont know if id brag about pulling 405 lol[/quote]

A dude pulling 405 6 times in any commercial gym will be in the top 5 strongest men that work out there, guaran-damn-teed.

And from my own experiences in society, a guy getting up there in weight is going to get the haters coming out in droves.

i believe the story.

the guys criticizing probably don’t even deadlift.

So you get 3 guys who never do legs get their jealousy of the weight that’s getting lifted, so their jealousy manifests itself as false knowledge to minimize the lifter’s accomplishments. “His back’s rounding, it doesn’t count. We’ll stay over here away from the squat rack where it’s safe.”

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Game_over wrote:
ya i not cutting on you but i dont know if id brag about pulling 405 lol

A dude pulling 405 6 times in any commercial gym will be in the top 5 strongest men that work out there, guaran-damn-teed.

And from my own experiences in society, a guy getting up there in weight is going to get the haters coming out in droves.

i believe the story.

So you get 3 guys who never do legs get their jealousy of the weight that’s getting lifted, so their jealousy manifests itself as false knowledge to minimize the lifter’s accomplishments. “His back’s rounding, it doesn’t count. We’ll stay over here away from the squat rack where it’s safe.”[/quote]

Agreed. I get looks when I pull a meager 3 plates. But then again, the vast majority of “lifters” at my gym are going for tone, not bulk…

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
im guessing if he did 405x6 his form couldnt have been too bad since hes not in the hospital and that isnt exactly lightweight either.

No.

Bad technique can have a cumulative effect. Just because it doesn’t outright fail during the lift, doesn’t mean you haven’t incurred some form of damage, whether that be lengthened ligaments or stress fractures of a spinous process or perhaps the beginning of a circumferential or radial tear in the intervertebral disc.

That was a long sentence, lol.[/quote]

lol ummmmm in english please? all im saying is theres a lot of guys in gyms who are way too serious about the most minute details to form. OMG YOURE ELBOW IS OUT 3/4th and inch. sure maybe his form wasnt great, but the possibility they were dorks is true too. either way im guessing if the kid reps 405x6 …which im not sure how it became light weight all of a sudden… he probaly knows a thing or two.

also anyone whos done a heavy set for more than a couple reps knows that your form starts to loosen as the exercise persists, 6 may not be as high as 8 or 10 but on reps 5 and 6 less than perfect form should be acceptable, its not like hes getting scored on it or something.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
going for tone, not bulk…

[/quote]

ewwww shivers i hate that word

Wow, I thought you guys would have realized what I meant. The three guys in the gym that wear sweatbands, dont lift, and when they do, they just curl. My point was they were in-expirienced assholes who didnt have any right or knowledge to try and give me advice, but the 2 guys I were training with saw no problem in my form, theyve been doing powerlifting for 20+ years. And I dont think it will help the comments about me being weak, but I was doing speed deads.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Game_over wrote:
ya i not cutting on you but i dont know if id brag about pulling 405 lol

i believe the story.

So you get 3 guys who never do legs get their jealousy of the weight that’s getting lifted, so their jealousy manifests itself as false knowledge to minimize the lifter’s accomplishments. “His back’s rounding, it doesn’t count. We’ll stay over here away from the squat rack where it’s safe.”[/quote]

Exactly my point.

1st, 405 is good weight. Only on the internet will people say it’s not.

2nd, I once had a “trainer” come up and try to help my deadlifting. It was fairly obvious this guy himself never lifted. So I told him I wasn’t quite sure what he was talking about, and asked him to please show me. His response… “no no no no” and walked away.

I figure this is what the OP was about.

And this is why I love lifting at home.

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
Wow, I thought you guys would have realized what I meant. The three guys in the gym that wear sweatbands, dont lift, and when they do, they just curl. My point was they were in-expirienced assholes who didnt have any right or knowledge to try and give me advice, but the 2 guys I were training with saw no problem in my form, theyve been doing powerlifting for 20+ years. And I dont think it will help the comments about me being weak, but I was doing speed deads.[/quote]

Wait. 3 newbies approached 2 powerlifters with you and gave you advice. Yeah that makes sense.

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
Wow, I thought you guys would have realized what I meant. The three guys in the gym that wear sweatbands, dont lift, and when they do, they just curl. My point was they were in-expirienced assholes who didnt have any right or knowledge to try and give me advice, but the 2 guys I were training with saw no problem in my form, theyve been doing powerlifting for 20+ years. And I dont think it will help the comments about me being weak, but I was doing speed deads.[/quote]

This would’ve been helpful info to have at the start…

[quote]beatnik_uwo wrote:
TheBig3 wrote:
Wow, I thought you guys would have realized what I meant. The three guys in the gym that wear sweatbands, dont lift, and when they do, they just curl. My point was they were in-expirienced assholes who didnt have any right or knowledge to try and give me advice, but the 2 guys I were training with saw no problem in my form, theyve been doing powerlifting for 20+ years. And I dont think it will help the comments about me being weak, but I was doing speed deads.

This would’ve been helpful info to have at the start…

[/quote]

Well I thought you guys would understand what I was talking about when I called them douchebags and bitches. But I guess your right.

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:

Well I thought you guys would understand what I was talking about when I called them douchebags and bitches. But I guess your right. [/quote]

seemed pretty obvious to me…

Funny thing, I brought my camera with me today so I could see what my form looked like. I actually look like I know what the fuck I’m doing. The last two sets I had some slight rounding just below the shoulders, but nothing too ugly.