Bitches in the Gym

Im fucking deadlifting today at my gym and 3 douchebags walk over trying to give me advice on how I should correct rounding my back slightly, I tell them top lifters in the world round there back somewhat and he laughs in my face. So I pulled 405 6 times and that shut em up.

you’re so awesome

ya i not cutting on you but i dont know if id brag about pulling 405 lol

[quote]Game_over wrote:
ya i not cutting on you but i dont know if id brag about pulling 405 lol[/quote]

:frowning:

[quote]Game_over wrote:
ya i not cutting on you but i dont know if id brag about pulling 405 lol[/quote]

I am feeling awesome about it. Im 6’2 and have only been training for a little over a year, I wasnt trying to brag, idk, sorry, I wont do it again.

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
Game_over wrote:

I am feeling awesome about it. Im 6’2 and have only been training for a little over a year, I wasnt trying to brag, idk, sorry, I wont do it again.[/quote]

Good work.

A real douchebag would tell you deadlifting is too dangerous.

Being an asshole to other people while deadlifting is a good way to get people to give you shit EVERY TIME you deadlift, especially from the managers. Don’t be so quick to think your right, you can’t see what your doing he was probably just trying to help.

I tried this once with someone squatting and he snapped at me also so I avoid it all together now he’ll learn when he tweaks his back.

The first time you feel something slip slide or pop ~ you’ll be able to respect that they were worried about your safety.

If a stranger is willing to leave their comfort zone. Smile and thank them and then ignore. Courtesy is rare outside of the gym in most places -

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
Yeah, lifting 405 is no excuse for poor technique.[/quote]

But I’m willing to bet there was more than a ‘slight roundness’ if three guys had to come over and comment on it.

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
Im fucking deadlifting today at my gym and 3 douchebags walk over trying to give me advice on how I should correct rounding my back slightly, I tell them top lifters in the world round there back somewhat and he laughs in my face. So I pulled 405 6 times and that shut em up.[/quote]

Are you talking about lower or upper back? I would be happy, if someone had told my that I was rounding my lower back in the DL. I guess I would have less trouble with my lower back right now.

I suggest you let someone experienced check your DL form.

SSC wrote:
AlteredState wrote:
Yeah, lifting 405 is no excuse for poor technique.

But I’m willing to bet there was more than a ‘slight roundness’ if three guys had to come over and comment on it.

LOL yes you are probably right.

Besides, Eric Cressey tells us that even when lifting 600lbs or whatever he does, only a slight rounding of the thoracic spine is acceptable, not the lumbar. I have to say that I agree with him.[/quote]

This is very important and people do not give enough attention to the difference.

ANY and all rounding of the lumbar spine is very dangerous, regardless of the weight (the leverage will lead to huge shearing forces at the spine even with light weights). A slight rounding of the thoracic spine when using heavy weights is somewhat tolerable but you should always try to keep your spine in a neutral position.

And i would be grateful for any stranger concerned about my safety…

I was lying on the floor after a set of widowmakers the other day for about five minutes and nobody came over to check on me. I didn’t expect them too, but shit, I could have been dying. Assholes.

im guessing if he did 405x6 his form couldnt have been too bad since hes not in the hospital and that isnt exactly lightweight either.

[quote]blazindave wrote:
Game_over wrote:

:([/quote]

I hear ya :frowning:

if anyone really wants to learn about their deadlift form there’s no better tool than a cheap vid-cam . you can see it for yourself , without depending on others

very difficult to detect “slight rounding” during the pull (for me anyway). with a cam you can pin-point exactly the weight at which your form begins to deteriorate .

best 180 bucks I ever spent

sorry for the semi-hi-jack

[quote]marlboroman wrote:
if anyone really wants to learn about their deadlift form there’s no better tool than a cheap vid-cam . you can see it for yourself , without depending on others

very difficult to detect “slight rounding” during the pull (for me anyway). with a cam you can pin-point exactly the weight at which your form begins to deteriorate .

best 180 bucks I ever spent

sorry for the semi-hi-jack[/quote]

The problem is getting half naked in the middle of the gym…

As to the OP, how are they “bitches”? They tried to tell you to correct your form. Then you replied with being an ass by “showing them”… They’ll be laughing their asses off when you hurt your spine and can’t deadlift for months. They gave genuine advice, next time someone does that think about it and if what they’re saying might actually be true.

SSC wrote:
AlteredState wrote:
Yeah, lifting 405 is no excuse for poor technique.

LOL yes you are probably right.

Besides, Eric Cressey tells us that even when lifting 600lbs or whatever he does, only a slight rounding of the thoracic spine is acceptable, not the lumbar. I have to say that I agree with him.[/quote]

I’ve also gotta ask, did it start on the first rep, as in you just plain lack the flexibility to deadlift cleanly, or the last rep?

I’ll second the digicam recommendation. If you’re working out at home or a fitnessy gym it’s vital to check form periodically. If you’ve never lifted with experienced lifters then this becomes even more vital.

405x6? Holy shit that would have definitely shut me up. Good job, dude. You rock.

-dizzle