T Nation

Birthday Ideas

Today is the big day and have some stuff planned, going rock climbing and having a kick ass dinner with family but was wondering what other T-men do on the big day, its the big 30 so something special is surely needed just not sure what.

Ive been working around 65 hours a week for the past 6 weeks and have sort of lost all zest for fun and entertaiment, I plan on being selfish and celebrating for a few days.

any ideas on landmark things to do when you turn 30?

I caught a BJ and went to bed early.

It comes in the middle of tax season, so BJ & Bed is my kind of party that time of year.

[quote]jeep69 wrote:

any ideas on landmark things to do when you turn 30?[/quote]
MMF
Tranny from Thailand
Rob a bank
Get a Brazilian wax
Tattoo an eagle on your dick
Go streaking “Think Hank the Tank”
Shoot a bald eagle

I will think of more and let you know

Have you thought about having some sex?

Who?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Who?[/quote]

The OP.

Though if you have a special day to mark, that might be a good way to do it. That, or a meatloaf.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Who?[/quote]

The OP. [/quote]

OP, have you a pet hamster, by any chance?

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
OP, have you a pet hamster, by any chance?[/quote]
Or a truck?

I did 30 boulder problems

attempted to drink 30 beers

And bang 3 women in the same day

Results:

30 boulder problems

12 beers or so

1 woman

http://www.birthdaychallenge.com/index2.html

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
OP, have you a pet hamster, by any chance?[/quote]
Or a truck?[/quote]

Ex wives? Now I know why you drive a lifted truck…fat chicks can’t jump…

I have never celebrated my own birthday. My family even gave up trying to give me parties after 10yrs.

[quote]four60 wrote:
I have never celebrated my own birthday. My family even gave up trying to give me parties after 10yrs. [/quote]

X 2

But hey, to each his own.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:
I have never celebrated my own birthday. My family even gave up trying to give me parties after 10yrs. [/quote]

X 2

But hey, to each his own. [/quote]

True. I do celebrate others birthday.

If someone asks me what I would like to do for my birthday and there’s something I’ve been wanting to do, I’ll say so. Otherwise I feel it’s up to others to plan.

On the other hand, it sounds like OP is wondering what others did to privately mark a milestone birthday, which is different from planning your own celebration.

Personally, I’ve never bothered. I’m of the opinion that when I identify a shortcoming in myself, NOW is the time to address it, not on New Year’s Day. By the same logic, if I have always wanted to go to Barcelona I go when I can afford/manage it, not when I’m having a “special” birthday. Life is short, or can be. Now is the time to live/love/climb mountains, not on July 17 of 2014 or whatever.

I agree with Emily, never had to pick a day to address my issues or wants/needs as I do it everyday. LOts of people havejust xpected me to have a huge crazy day planned of wildness and crazy fun activities and I feel disatisfied as I dont really have any of that planned nor have I ever. I would love to fly to vegas or some shit but waaay to expensive.

Was just looking for ideas as I feel I should mark it somehow but I am sure whatever happens I will feel I did not live it up to what I should have.

[quote]jeep69 wrote:
I agree with Emily, never had to pick a day to address my issues or wants/needs as I do it everyday. LOts of people havejust xpected me to have a huge crazy day planned of wildness and crazy fun activities and I feel disatisfied as I dont really have any of that planned nor have I ever. I would love to fly to vegas or some shit but waaay to expensive.

Was just looking for ideas as I feel I should mark it somehow but I am sure whatever happens I will feel I did not live it up to what I should have.[/quote]

Why? “Going rock climbing and having a kick ass dinner with family” sounds like a pretty good day. What does it have to live up to? What is a 30th birthday supposed to be? Or any birthday, for that matter.

It will have whatever meaning you assign it, as is the case with most things in life. “I spent it with people who love me” doesn’t strike me as regrettable. “I’m never satisfied,” on the other hand, does.

[quote]jeep69 wrote:
Today is the big day and have some stuff planned, going rock climbing and having a kick ass dinner with family but was wondering what other T-men do on the big day, its the big 30 so something special is surely needed just not sure what.

Ive been working around 65 hours a week for the past 6 weeks and have sort of lost all zest for fun and entertaiment, I plan on being selfish and celebrating for a few days.

any ideas on landmark things to do when you turn 30?[/quote]

I did something for my 1st, 6th, an 21st birthday. The other’s I forgot…(almost forgot my 21st and barely made it to the bars and had to con the bartender to let me order one drink since I just turned 21).

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
If someone asks me what I would like to do for my birthday and there’s something I’ve been wanting to do, I’ll say so. Otherwise I feel it’s up to others to plan.

On the other hand, it sounds like OP is wondering what others did to privately mark a milestone birthday, which is different from planning your own celebration.

Personally, I’ve never bothered. I’m of the opinion that when I identify a shortcoming in myself, NOW is the time to address it, not on New Year’s Day. By the same logic, if I have always wanted to go to Barcelona I go when I can afford/manage it, not when I’m having a “special” birthday. Life is short, or can be. Now is the time to live/love/climb mountains, not on July 17 of 2014 or whatever.[/quote]

Well, people can help you get there nevertheless.