Birthday Greetings

Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps.

On Nov. 10 1775 in the Tun Tavern the first Marines were chartered. Yes they are older than the US. Since that time over 40000 Marines have given their lives for us. Also they have had 293 Congressional Medal of Honor winners.

I love the officer in Koreas comments when told he was surrounded. He said, “good now I can shoot in all directionsl” Gotta love the guts of those guys.

So Happy Birthday to all Marines lifters or not and thank you for all you do for us.

Semper Fi

[quote]Senseial wrote:
Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps.

On Nov. 10 1775 in the Tun Tavern the first Marines were chartered. Yes they are older than the US. Since that time over 40000 Marines have given their lives for us. Also they have had 293 Congressional Medal of Honor winners.

I love the officer in Koreas comments when told he was surrounded. He said, “good now I can shoot in all directionsl” Gotta love the guts of those guys.

So Happy Birthday to all Marines lifters or not and thank you for all you do for us.

Semper Fi[/quote]

Oorah! Happy birthday brothers. I’ll crack a Sam Adams for our fallen.

mike

That sounds like two different quotes attributed to Lt. Gen Lewis “Chesty” Puller.

#1 “All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time.”

#2 “We’re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them”

Chesty was awarded the Navy Cross 5 times. “Good night Chesty Puller, wherever you are”.