Bipolar Gym

I guess that closes THAT matter. Good One. LOL

As one of the habitual grammar police on this board, I have to say that Avoids’ post was fucking hilarious, as well as being more or less unanswerable.

LOL!

Wow! Avoids, you really did give this a lot of thought didn’t you. For that, I take my hat off to you. However, what I wrote wasn’t about the flaws of Mr Universe’s post but the flaws in which you interpreted his post. You wrote that:

"I have been searching my whole life for someone to tell me that I can stop training and eat my way to being Mr. Olympia".

Mr. Universe did not call anyone to stop training. For the sake of argument, I will use your quoted definition that "rather=instead of=substitute". Given your interpretation, (even though that was not what he meant) 'It's a pity that people don't realise that nutrition can substitute training as the key to a good body'.

Since substitution means it is interchangeable, Mr Universe has still not mentioned anything about needing to stop training, just because your diet is dialled in. Something can be of a good, bad, or equal substitution, but whatever way you look at it, he has not said that you should stop one thing to accomplish another. If you do, that is YOUR choice.

'I can stop training and eat my way to being Mr. Olympia'. Since when did you think that a Mr. Olympia physique is a good body? If that is the case, and that is what you want to achieve, then you had better change your handle from 'Avoids Roids', to 'Gimme Some Roids'.

Whatever your next post may be, I'm not going to bother responding as I'm sure it will get real old, real quick. Let's face it, we all knew what Mr. Universe meant. Was your ego not being stroked enough in The Dog Pound?

--Lowrider

That was a damn long post to take such a weak shot. You typed for that long and couldn’t come up with anything better?

I agree. If this were a boxing match, the ref would be standing over L_O_W, counting “…8…9…”.

Face it, bud. Best stick a fork in yourself, 'cause you’re done.

The way I see it, the WELL KNOWN “veterans” here can say whatever they like and get away with anything because theres always another one around the corner willing to back them up no matter how wrong or arrogant they are.

NOBODY with a life would care if i spelt "ITS" (rather than) "IT'S"!!!

Same goes with "DONT" (rather than) "DON'T"!!!

I wouldn't even bother wasting my time correcting people on things like that. I have better things to do. I know proper spelling and grammer when needs be.

Thankgod not all the regulars here are as bad as you guys. Lowrider at least can comprehend what somebody is saying. He understood what I wrote. I wrote it in plain english.

Fortunetly, I know this is an ONLINE FORUM and that I'm not being graded on this. Some of you guys however need to get over it.

Avoids, I don't need to reply here anymore. I realise you have more "buddies" here to back you up. I've already wasted enough time replying to a dick like you.

By refering to somebody as "skinny fat", you know damn well that it's a put down here on this site. Im not new here. I've been reading 2 yrs so I know how things work around here.

Does anybody know how to spell “grammar” anymore? You sure showed us, Mr. Universe.

You mean “Doesn’t anybody know how to spell ‘grammar’ anymore?” Sorry, you just made that too easy on yourself. Just quit while you are ahead brother :slight_smile:

Goddamnit…I miss East Halls Gym at Penn State. No posers, lots of free weights, and all the tail you could stare at in the cardio room…all for $70/year. sigh

No, I meant, “Does anybody know how to spell “grammar” anymore?” There is nothing grammatically wrong with that question.

F**k! And all these years I kept thinking realize and organize where the misspelt words. Where did the english language come from again?

Oops my touch typing got the better of me, I meant were not where, just in kase sumwon desides two note mye miss-spelling

Doesnt it depend on how ‘key’ is defined. While im not going to go and get a dictionary, if key were to mean the most important thing rather than the only thing then Mr Universe and L O W would still be correct. Its like in Aussie Rules the Key positions (centre half, full forward etc) are the most important ones not the only ones. People say that this or that is the key when it is obviosly not the only factor, just the most important one. Its like when people talk about the key to sucess being one thing, they are saying that in their view this factor is the most important, NOT the only thing. I read in a book somewhere that the key to a great relationship was understanding… if key were to mean the only factor…then the statement would be absurd, but if key were to be used more loosely and to mean the most important factor then it makes a lot more sence.

So lets take a look at the sentence again.

Its a pity that people dont realise that nutrition is the key to a good body, rather than training.

Now to me this means
Its a pity that people dont realize that nutrition is the most important factor to achieving a good body, rather than (instead of or in subsitute to) training.

So to me there is still nothing wrong with the statement.

By the way unless you have no social skills or skills of interpretation whatsoever it was obvious what he meant. Why take him apart unnecaserily?