Biotest vs Drug Testing

Are there any issues with the drug testing in the various powerlifting federations with any of these?:

Alpha Male
Spike
Beta-7
Power Drive

Thanks for any info or experience

I would say with almost absolute certainty no:
Beta-7
Powerdrive
Unknown:
Spike
Alpha Male

Personally, I am curious if Alpha Male would cause anything unusual or positives on an Olympic Certified UA…

I have been competing in usapl for the last three years and have take Spike at their meets and have been drug tested and have passed everytime.

whats Spike do?

[quote]bignate wrote:
whats Spike do?[/quote]

Makes you crazy!

Well, sort of. It’s like an energy drink on steroids. Super focused. Very alert.

When I take it, it’s like I have tunnel vision: super focused on whatever I’m doing. But it does not make you jittery or give you shakes or anything like that.

Spike’s like a super energy drink.
average energy drinks=200mg caffeine
Spike=450?or so mg.

boyscout=the mod from bb.com?

hmmmm recomended for a 17 yr old going on 3 yrs lifting?

[quote]bignate wrote:
hmmmm recomended for a 17 yr old going on 3 yrs lifting?[/quote]

think the can says not recommended for persons under 18. not sure though havent really read a can.

the stuff is crazy though picture about 3-4 red bulls in one little can. dosent make me jittery like other energy drinks.

basicly its a pre work out stimulant drink.
yup heres the warning on the can.

WARNING: Do not use if you are under the age of 18 or elderly. Do not take with any other stimulant or weight-loss supplement or any prescription or over-the-counter medicine. Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing or at risk of being treated for high-blood pressure, heart disease, hyperthyroidism, spasms, psychiatric disease, suffer from migraines, have asthma, or are taking asthma medication. Discontinue use if you experience dizziness, headache, nausea, or heart palpitations. If you have trouble sleeping, do not take within 6 hours of bedtime. Keep out of reach of children.

As far as Spike goes; yes it says not to take if your under 18.

However, it’s been my experience that if you dont’ take it on a completley empty stomach you’ll be alright.

Spike got some bad press becuase really young idiots were taking multiple cans of it on empty stomachs and wondered why they felt funny.

If you do decided to try it; the pills are great and can be cut in half in your kitchen pretty easily. I’m 25 and take 1/2 pill before my workouts still.

~b

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
spike’s like a super energy drink.
average energy drinks=200mg caffeine
Spike=450?or so mg.[/quote]

The Spike Shooter has 300mg. caffeine per can.

The Spike Shotgun has 350mg. caffeine per can.

The Spike Double Shot has 175mg. caffeine per serving/ 350mg. per bottle.

But caffeine is just one ingredient in the product, along with the Spike Formula.

And it isn’t advised for people under the age of 18.

ah, my bad. I got the wrong figures. I thought that was the # it said in this article on energy drinks i read.

hmmmm, i like to drink, monster and NOS for now, ill switch to it maybe later this year after football when i can concentrate fully on getting big

[quote]
boyscout=the mod from Web Page Under Construction

Nope.

I used boyscout as a screen name on another forum, so I used it here.

[quote]elih8er wrote:
Personally, I am curious if Alpha Male would cause anything unusual or positives on an Olympic Certified UA…
[/quote]

Tribulus (one of the components of Alpha Male) doesn’t, at least according to this study:

Not sure about the rest of the Alpha Male ingredients.

I know of a failed drug test…when Trib was used. (Oly lifting) Don’t recall exactly what the test said he failed. That was the only thing he was taking that could potentially cause a problem. Don’t recall the source or volume used. It wasn’t a Biotest product.

Don;'t train with this person anymore, so no…I can’t get further details.

For what its worth.

[quote]bignate wrote:
hmmmm recomended for a 17 yr old going on 3 yrs lifting?[/quote]

All supplements have to say that because they are not tested on anyone under 18. My protein powder has that on the label actually.

I would be surprised if any Tribulus or Tongcat product could spike your T-levels enough to fail a drug test .

wish it WERE true though

[quote]marlboroman wrote:
I would be surprised if any Tribulus or Tongcat product could spike your T-levels enough to fail a drug test .

wish it WERE true though[/quote]

It would be nice.

Tribulus will never raise your test high enough to fail a drug test, infact, nothing but artificial test will.

They let you pass with a high level of testosterone in your urine (much higher than most average men, even high for the genetic freaks) so someone with unusually high testosterone (yet not on illegal test boosters) can pass with no problems.

not sure of all feds , but NASA looks for the Test:Est ratio to be out of whack . not 100% sure , but think they fail ya over 6:1