Biotest/T-Nation Shakers?

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
futuredave wrote:
The best thing for mixing is this mesh-type screen dealie that the bodybuilding.com site has. However, the shaker leaks like a bastid if you’re not careful.

But the screen dealie mixes things perfectly AND allows you to use crushed ice, which I’m a big fan of.

The screens suck and are hard to clean.[/quote]

I clean mine with very hot water, and a drop of liquid dish soap. I fill it about half way, then shake it up, then pop the top to let the built up pressure out, shake it some more and rinse thoroughly.

I use a scrubbing sponge thing to clean it if it’s been sitting out for a while though, and still have to let it soak, but that’s the bottle it’s self. I never had trouble cleaning the screen.

I like the idea of a T-Nation or Biotest shaker bottle, as well as a pill carrier. My current pill carrier from vitamin world only has 6 slots in it and doesn’t hold enough pills!

I’ve used shaker’s from Vitaminshoppe… but for some reason, even after you wash it a few times, the silicon gasket stinks horribly!

~V

well, it is free advertising for T-Nation to have their seen by huge & ripped dudes sucking shakes & popping pills from their containers. And we wouldnt have to be asked by newbies to the game how we got so big, it’d be written nice & bold on the side…

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
I want some T-Nation underwear.[/quote]

T-Nation posing speedo with the T right on the bait and tackle.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

[quote]futuredave wrote:
The best thing for mixing is this mesh-type screen dealie that the bodybuilding.com site has. However, the shaker leaks like a bastid if you’re not careful.

But the screen dealie mixes things perfectly AND allows you to use crushed ice, which I’m a big fan of.
[/quote]

Somehow, I always seem to lose the mesh screen…

[quote]yorik wrote:
I got a big 32 oz. shaker from Netrition a while back and love it. It has the mesh screen and a little rubber gasket so it doesn’t leak. But if you lose that gasket, you’re screwed. Fortunately, the gasket was still hanging on a wire in the dish washing machine, so I could reinstall it. Don’t lose the gasket![/quote]

First time I put one in the dishwasher, the gasket dropped out and went up against the heating coil–oops! Now I always take the gasket out and put it in one of the silverware pockets. Netrition’s work best for me so far, but I haven’t ordered from there in years, so I don’t get them free anymore.

I guess I’m having trouble picturing how the whisk or screen would work. It’s permanently in the bottle? Then the protein powder gets broken into itty-bitty chunks when shaken and forced to pass through the device?

Right now I keep reusing Gatorade bottles. I throw in the whey and gatorade powder, add water, and shake. But there is always a little scum of undissolved powder on the bottom that won’t mix up.

Is this the same problem everyone is talking about or is the topic regarding really thick shakes you would need a blender or spoon to stir up?

[quote]MrTangerineSpedo wrote:
I guess I’m having trouble picturing how the whisk or screen would work. It’s permanently in the bottle? Then the protein powder gets broken into itty-bitty chunks when shaken and forced to pass through the device?

Right now I keep reusing Gatorade bottles. I throw in the whey and gatorade powder, add water, and shake. But there is always a little scum of undissolved powder on the bottom that won’t mix up.

Is this the same problem everyone is talking about or is the topic regarding really thick shakes you would need a blender or spoon to stir up?[/quote]

For me it’s really the “protein chunks” that I got a shaker with the mesh screen in it for. Like I remember with grow, you have to shake it like nuts for all the protein powder to break down fine enough. Stick it in a blender and it’s fine in seconds. I don’t know if it is the solution you’re looking for with the gatorade powder, but 5 bucks isn’t going to kill you if you see one around to try it.

[quote]MrTangerineSpedo wrote:

Is this the same problem everyone is talking about or is the topic regarding really thick shakes you would need a blender or spoon to stir up?[/quote]

The whisk is free flouting in the bottle and can be removed for cleaning go to blenderbottle.com and it will explain everything.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
Somehow, I always seem to lose the mesh screen…[/quote]

I’ve been lucky so far; haven’t lost the gasket or screen, and I’m horribly unorganized. Misplaced the screen a couple times, but there are only a few places where I might put it in the cupboards. So now I wash the screen in the silverware basket so it doesn’t fly away, and I just reassemble the shaker when I take it out of the dishwasher. Simple solution, and the problem is solved.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
I want some T-Nation underwear.[/quote]

BRILLIANT!!! Now logo on the front or the back??

[quote]BFBullpup wrote:

Yeah, I used to use those. Leaks a lot. I’ve been using Vitamin Shoppe’s BodyTech shaker. I dunno if it’s an exclusive, but it has a better design and it doesn’t leak. If Biotest ever decides to make a shaker, they oughta to look into theirs.[/quote]

Just ordered 4 (They’re having a buy 3 get 1 free deal). Thanks for the tip buddy.

[quote]wressler125 wrote:
BFBullpup wrote:

Yeah, I used to use those. Leaks a lot. I’ve been using Vitamin Shoppe’s BodyTech shaker. I dunno if it’s an exclusive, but it has a better design and it doesn’t leak. If Biotest ever decides to make a shaker, they oughta to look into theirs.

Just ordered 4 (They’re having a buy 3 get 1 free deal). Thanks for the tip buddy. [/quote]

I got the same model from GNC they work fine. I swear some of you are such pussies. “Oh no! If I don’t have a mesh screen I have to actually shake it hard! I’m too delicate for that.”

Throw a couple large tablespoons of ground Flax seed into your shake, mixes everything up nice and you can eat it when the shake is done.

[quote]etaco wrote:
wressler125 wrote:
BFBullpup wrote:

Yeah, I used to use those. Leaks a lot. I’ve been using Vitamin Shoppe’s BodyTech shaker. I dunno if it’s an exclusive, but it has a better design and it doesn’t leak. If Biotest ever decides to make a shaker, they oughta to look into theirs.

Just ordered 4 (They’re having a buy 3 get 1 free deal). Thanks for the tip buddy.

I got the same model from GNC they work fine. I swear some of you are such pussies. “Oh no! If I don’t have a mesh screen I have to actually shake it hard! I’m too delicate for that.”[/quote]

Have you ever had Classic Grow! without a blender?

I had a HOT-ROX Nalgene. Had because I lost it in a move.

I’d love a T-Nation/Biotest shaker.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
I want some T-Nation underwear.

T-Nation posing speedo with the T right on the bait and tackle.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.[/quote]

I concur, but for some reason I also keep getting a picture of Triple H coming out to the wrestling ring.

[quote]marza wrote:
A nice Biotest pill carrier would be cool too. I mean, the Spike bullets are nice, but I’d need a lot of them to carry all my BCAAs to the gym. [/quote]

Yup that and a shaker would be awesome. Hope TC picks up on this idea.