T Nation

Biotest Separates

Tim, TC, et al,

Whatever happened to the idea that Tim mentioned a few months ago of Biotest offering a line of “separates,” meaning single-ingredient supplements that are contained within some of the formulas (like Alpha Male, etc.) so that we could experiment and mix and match, etc.? I’d love to see a Biotest version of just vitex, or just eurycoma longfolia or (one can hope!) avena sativa.

Thanks.

Oh, how I’d love to know . . . !

[quote]Damici wrote:
Tim, TC, et al,

Whatever happened to the idea that Tim mentioned a few months ago of Biotest offering a line of “separates,” meaning single-ingredient supplements that are contained within some of the formulas (like Alpha Male, etc.) so that we could experiment and mix and match, etc.? I’d love to see a Biotest version of just vitex, or just eurycoma longfolia or (one can hope!) avena sativa.

Thanks.
[/quote]

I’m thinking they’re on thier way still and are trying to figure out the best way to make them profitable. TRIBEX gold could have been the first… I could be wrong though.

Hmm, id say there coming pretty fast sinlge ingred. supps.

Whey, creatine, TRIBEX, BCAA’s, etc…

I cant beleive they will single out them all just not a call for it and most are prob valuable mainly in a synergistic effect. I wouldnt think they would put out a lone ingredient unless they felt it was a worthy stand alone.

Just my take,
Phill

[quote]Damici wrote:
Tim, TC, et al,

Thanks.
[/quote]

Eurycoma Longfolia was their RedKat supplement, yes? And the blue TRIBEX contained Avena Sativa if im not mixtaken. They aren’t seperates but there you go.

It sounds like the compounds you are interested in, and then some, are all in Alpha Male. Have you tried it before?

Yeah, I’ve tried Alpha Male but am more interested in now in trying the ingredients separately to see what does and doesn’t work for me. I’ve found that tribulus doesn’t; avena I think almost certainly might. RED KAT (eurycoma) did, but it’s gone now, unless it’s available somewhere else (?). I’d also like to try a quality, Biotest-made, nano-dispersed vitex-only supplement.

Oh, and I’ve been using Carbolin 19 on its own now for quite some time. I’m pretty happy with it.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Damici wrote:
Tim, TC, et al,

Thanks.

Eurycoma Longfolia was their RedKat supplement, yes? And the blue TRIBEX contained Avena Sativa if im not mixtaken. They aren’t seperates but there you go.

It sounds like the compounds you are interested in, and then some, are all in Alpha Male. Have you tried it before?[/quote]

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Eurycoma Longfolia was their RedKat supplement, yes? [/quote]

For Eurycoma Longifolia (Tongkat Ali)to be very effective, a larger dose is needed for some. I take almost 3g per day of 1:50 extract (5 on / 2 off) and love it!

FYI, I thought I read somewhere that Biotest’s eurycoma in RedKat was 1:200 – really potent shit!

[quote]HouseOfAtlas wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:
Eurycoma Longfolia was their RedKat supplement, yes?

For Eurycoma Longifolia (Tongkat Ali)to be very effective, a larger dose is needed for some. I take almost 3g per day of 1:50 extract (5 on / 2 off) and love it![/quote]

[quote]Damici wrote:
Yeah, I’ve tried Alpha Male but am more interested in now in trying the ingredients separately to see what does and doesn’t work for me. I’ve found that tribulus doesn’t; avena I think almost certainly might. RED KAT (eurycoma) did, but it’s gone now, unless it’s available somewhere else (?). I’d also like to try a quality, Biotest-made, nano-dispersed vitex-only supplement.

Oh, and I’ve been using Carbolin 19 on its own now for quite some time. I’m pretty happy with it.

Lonnie123 wrote:
Damici wrote:
Tim, TC, et al,

Thanks.

It sounds like the compounds you are interested in, and then some, are all in Alpha Male. Have you tried it before?

[/quote]

Damici, you are using Carbolin 19, you like eurycoma and vitex, like Lonnie said why don’t you use Alpha Male? You feel tribulas doesn’t work for you, but it isn’t going to hurt the good effect from the other ingredients in your case.

D

I’ve tried it. I actually like the results from separate eurycome and from separate vitex better. Don’t ask me why, but the A.M. combo doesn’t do it for me as much.

I’m also interested in experimenting and isolating what does and doesn’t work for me. Who knows? Maybe the tribulus IS somehow muting the effect of the other products for me – maybe it competes for absorbtion . . . I have no idea.

I would REALLY like to see Biotest come out with some other separate T-boosting herbals, though, so I could try “Biotest strength” extracts and delivery systems of, say, avena sativa, maca, etc. One can hope!

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Damici wrote:

Lonnie123 wrote:
Damici wrote:
Tim, TC, et al,

Thanks.

Damici, you are using Carbolin 19, you like eurycoma and vitex, like Lonnie said why don’t you use Alpha Male? You feel tribulas doesn’t work for you, but it isn’t going to hurt the good effect from the other ingredients in your case.

D[/quote]

I’ve been hoping to see stand-alone A7E for a while now.

What about this idea.

Metabolic Drive. 100% Micellar Casein.

NO Whey proteins at all. Just pure Micellar Casein in every scoop.

I could be way off though. Maybe Micellar Casein and Whey Protein have a synergistic effect.

[quote]Serious Guy wrote:
What about this idea.

I could be way off though. Maybe Micellar Casein and Whey Protein have a synergistic effect.[/quote]

There are other sites you can order straight up Micellar from, its unflavored though so you are taking your chances. I also don’t know if it contains Lecithin, so mixing it might be a hassle too. There have been a few threads about these sites (trueprotein I believe is the name of the site)

You can also customize your blend to be 80% and 20%(Which I believe is what Milk protein is) or whatever

[quote]Serious Guy wrote:
What about this idea.

I could be way off though. Maybe Micellar Casein and Whey Protein have a synergistic effect.[/quote]

I think they do have a synergistic effect. I could be wrong tho.

Also, I’d like to vouch for what Lonnie123 said.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

You can also customize your blend to be 80% and 20%(Which I believe is what Milk protein is) or whatever[/quote]

Or you can order straight up milk protein (2 different types).

[quote]Damici wrote:
Tim, TC, et al,

Thanks.
[/quote]

I think you misunderstood what was stated about separates. I think that, for the most part, Biotest already had the “separates” or stand-alones in place. What you are seeing now are the prefabricated stacks (like Alpha Male or HOT-ROX Extreme).

Basically the stand-alone supplements appear to be Carbolin 19, TRIBEX, and Maximum Strength HOT-ROX. If you want those supplements without any other items, buy those standalones. If you want pre-fabricated stacks, buy Alpha Male (essentially Carbolin 19 and TRIBEX mixed together) or Maximum Strength HOT-ROX (essentially Carbolin 19 and HOT-ROX mixed together). The point is that Alpha Male is designed for those bulking who want to keep body fat levels lower, and HOT-ROX Extreme is designed for those that want to lose body fat while keeping muscle levels high.

All of the above is to say that I wouldn’t wait arond to see Eurycoma Longfolia or Vitex as separate, stand-alone supplements.

[quote]bsiminou wrote:

All of the above is to say that I wouldn’t wait arond to see Eurycoma Longfolia or Vitex as separate, stand-alone supplements.

[/quote]

I would just like to see an Alpa Male minus the Carbolin 19 standalone as opposed to TRIBEX. I don’t think it’s very practical to have all of the individual ingredients alone, but I think the stack minus the Carbolin 19 would be a better stack with HRX or anything than TRIBEX.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
bsiminou wrote:

I would just like to see an Alpa Male minus the Carbolin 19 standalone as opposed to TRIBEX. I don’t think it’s very practical to have all of the individual ingredients alone, but I think the stack minus the Carbolin 19 would be a better stack with HRX or anything than TRIBEX.[/quote]

TC recently talked about the upcomming RES-V (sp?) supplement. It’c supposed to be the new-and-improved “M” product. So, you could stack RES-V with TRIBEX and then wouldn’t have the Carbolin 19 in the mix.

[quote]Soldierslim wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
bsiminou wrote:

I would just like to see an Alpa Male minus the Carbolin 19 standalone as opposed to TRIBEX. I don’t think it’s very practical to have all of the individual ingredients alone, but I think the stack minus the Carbolin 19 would be a better stack with HRX or anything than TRIBEX.

TC recently talked about the upcomming RES-V (sp?) supplement. It’c supposed to be the new-and-improved “M” product. So, you could stack RES-V with TRIBEX and then wouldn’t have the Carbolin 19 in the mix.[/quote]

Yes, that true. I’m looking forward to it. M was actually my favorite E-reducing [T-boosting] supplement Biotest made. I noticed more of an effect with it than either Alpha Male or TRIBEX. Glad it’s coming back new and improved.

I don’t know why you would have stand alones on some of those items. It just seems like a pain in the arse. Especially when you have the combined products together at cheap prices.