Biotest Products - Shipping to the UK

I’m planning on trying the Velocity Diet and would obviously prefer to use Biotest products to ensure good results.

Unfortunately they cost a fortune here (32 pounds a tub for Metabolic Drive, 32 pounds for Surge and 40 pounds for the standard HOT-ROX).

Has anyone from the UK bought Biotest products from the store here and had any problems with Customs or does anyone have any idea of shipping costs to the UK? (there’s nothing listed in the store).

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Cheaper HOT-ROX:

http://www.west-star-supplements.com/page_Biotest.html

Cheapest other stuff I can find:

http://www.performancefoodsdirect.com/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=fcd08063e2853ab6191220bdf285c3ae

(affordablesupplements.co.uk is good as well)

I was gonna order stuff from here but wasn’t happy about photocopying my credit card.

Thanks Vortex, that’s definately the cheapest I’ve seen HOT-ROX in the UK.

It’s the Metabolic Drive and Surge prices that are annoying me, I just don’t understand why the supplements cost so much here compared to the US.

The cheapest I’ve seen Metabolic Drive or Surge is 32 pounds a tub and with them only containing 27 servings a tub the Velocity Diet isn’t cheap at UK prices, but I can’t find a decent alternative to Metabolic Drive.

Hi,

Just a word of warning, unless you can get Biotest to provide you a certification of analysis of the products containing “Whey”, the goods will be destroyed by customs.

Amino acids and other products like Carbolin 19, HRX, Methoxy etc should be fine but any animal and dairy products get seized and destroyed unless this certification comes through. I know this from experience and came through after the whole “Foot and Mouth” disease outbreak in 2001/2002.

You can try www.workoutworld.net who are the official retailers of Biotest in the UK. It is a little expensive unless you buy in bulk.

Good luck,
D

I’ve ordered a lot from Biotest in the past and have never had anything destroyed, this includes Metabolic Drive and Surge.

To the OP: I would personally always order directly from Biotest. The mark-up that most UK companies put on Metabolic Drive and Surge is astronomical.

Any rough ideas of postage costs, time taken to arrive?

Also, did you have to pay duty when it arrived at Customs?

Thanks for your time.

[quote]jarvis wrote:
I’ve ordered a lot from Biotest in the past and have never had anything destroyed, this includes Metabolic Drive and Surge.

To the OP: I would personally always order directly from Biotest. The mark-up that most UK companies put on Metabolic Drive and Surge is astronomical.[/quote]

That’s fair enough but I would suggest the OP play it safe and order one or two protein powders to test the waters.

I used to have no probs with Biotest or any other US based company until August 2006 when I had ?200 order seized, destroyed and an empty box delivered to me.

I have been emailing and calling the folks from DEFRA about what I can do in the future, but all they seem to say is no health certicate your products get destroyed - with no refund.

The products were also delivered by FEDEX and when I followed the tracking back to the airport they arrived in, the guy there told me he destroys boxes of supplements every day - so be careful in future!

My advice order a couple, if you get no probs then order away. Either way, good luck!

Bloody hell dheeel thats harsh. The guy at the airport sounds like a right dick; in fact he sounds like my nemesis.

Chris, Reflex have a great line of products, their Microwhey (a pure isolate) lasts me over 3 months a tub at ?43.99. I think they have blends as well.

They also have a new product out which is basically Surge + creatine + beta alanine; I haven’t tried it but it sounds good.

Bulkpowders.co.uk does great custom products as well; so does myprotein.co.uk (cheap fish caps).

[quote]Keyser Soze wrote:
Any rough ideas of postage costs, time taken to arrive?

Also, did you have to pay duty when it arrived at Customs?

Thanks for your time.[/quote]

If the goods make it through then FEDEX pay the duty upfront, deliver the goods to you, and then send you a letter a week or so later with the charges.

Cheers,
D

[quote]VorteX wrote:
Bloody hell dheeel thats harsh. The guy at the airport sounds like a right dick; in fact he sounds like my nemesis.

Chris, Reflex have a great line of products, their Microwhey (a pure isolate) lasts me over 3 months a tub at ?43.99. I think they have blends as well.

They also have a new product out which is basically Surge + creatine + beta alanine; I haven’t tried it but it sounds good.

Bulkpowders.co.uk does great custom products as well; so does myprotein.co.uk (cheap fish caps).
[/quote]

Haha - you’re right, but the boys at DEFRA were even worse!

They wanted me to tell them what temperatures the proteins were processed at and describe in great detail the filtration process. I went back and forth for ages with them and after all that they said just buys what in the UK!

You’re right, Ive heard good things about Reflex, Maximuscle are ok but they’re all whey products. The CNP/Dorian Yates stuff has worked well for me when I rotate it in and Labrada V60 blend is pretty decent and they come in big tubs and you can deals on them in some places if the Metabolic Drive is too pricy.

The phobia of supplements in our country is crazy. I’ll try to stay clear of DEFRA in the future!

Thats a good point about rotating protein brands, I should start doing that; I know Berardi recommends it.

I did hear CNP was good as well. I don’t like maximuscle though, their stuff is overpriced - and they sell HMB.

Cheers fellas,

The reason I’m specifically after Metabolic Drive is because I’ll be giving the Velocity Diet a try and I can’t find anything that matches the ingredients or nutrient profile closely enough.

I don’t know whether to pay over the odds or bite the bullet and order from this site.

Decisions. decisions…

Like other people have said, Fedex will charge you, a couple of weeks after you get your shipment, for the duty.

As far as micellar casein is concerned, I tend to use Reflex’s stuff seeing as it’s pretty cheap and seems to be of a high quality.

Hey Keyser,

Im in the same position as you. have you sourced and purchased ‘Biotest’ products form the UK. Or have you ordere from this site? And if so? All OK?

I ordered from this site last Thursday …

everything arrived this morning.

With the exchange rate we have at the moment of $2=?1 it makes stuff direct incredibly cheap.

I have been ordering from this site direct for along time now and NEVER had any problem.

OP - just order it from here it WILL be fine.

To the guy about customs destroying stuff - i’m very dubious to even believe your telling the truth! or another company in the UK scaring people off!

[quote]Keyser Soze wrote:
I’m planning on trying the Velocity Diet and would obviously prefer to use Biotest products to ensure good results.

Unfortunately they cost a fortune here (32 pounds a tub for Metabolic Drive, 32 pounds for Surge and 40 pounds for the standard HOT-ROX).

Has anyone from the UK bought Biotest products from the store here and had any problems with Customs or does anyone have any idea of shipping costs to the UK? (there’s nothing listed in the store).

Thanks in advance.

Chris[/quote]
I had no problems with anything, worked out quite abit cheaper, the delivery cost plus custom cost pissed me off a bit. Out of the list you mention I did not order HOT-ROX so I don’t really know if their will be a problem with this.
This is what I ordered (suggest you buy in bulk as mentioned above the Delivery cost is a pisstake)
2 Metabolic Drive
3 Surge
2 Flameout
1 ZMA
2 Power Drive
(CW book Muscle Revolution)