Biotest Nostalgia

Damn, Vader, you shouldn’t have started this thread…is there a black market for MAG-10 or androsol? SOMEONE had to stockpile it before it was all banned.

[quote]mrcold wrote:
Damn, Vader, you shouldn’t have started this thread…is there a black market for MAG-10 or androsol? SOMEONE had to stockpile it before it was all banned.[/quote]

I remember a guy in Canada was selling (I bought 4 bottles off him) and he had over 120 bottles of stock.

He’s sold out now though.

Guys What exaxtly was MAG-10? I read that article but im still unclear it sounds like it was an andro (Keep in mind im not a steroid user and dont know much about it) was it like d-bol or anything like that? Just wondering It sounds like people really liked it and had great results with it I was just curious as to what exaxtly it was.

Thanks Dave

[quote]Dave.F wrote:
Guys What exaxtly was MAG-10? I read that article but im still unclear it sounds like it was an andro (Keep in mind im not a steroid user and dont know much about it) was it like d-bol or anything like that? Just wondering It sounds like people really liked it and had great results with it I was just curious as to what exaxtly it was.

Thanks Dave [/quote]

MAG-10 was (is) a prohormone that had minimal (if any) side effects that gave great gains (about 10lbs per 2-3week cycles).

Wow thats what the hype was about sounds pretty potent.

So Prohormone meaning like a pharmaseudicial grad steroide? as in non anabolic?

please excuse my lac of knoledge on this subject I really dont know to much about gear in general

It sucks that it was discotinued that sounds like something id be willing to try after age 25 or so when ive hit a wall in the training and my hormone level drop off a little!

Grow! in packets…I remember that. They tried the powder with scoop first, then tried packets and then went back to the powder with the scoop. I did like the packets. They are convenient.

I remember Ribose C, and I also used Androsol and Nandrosol back in the day. Didn’t do much for me other than make me a bit sticky and leave a white powder on my skin after it had dried.

Also used the original MAG-10 back in the day.

Tried MD-6 once. Even tried the original Tribulus.

The original “original” Surge was better than the new original, but I like the chocolate a lot more now!

Even used 4-AD-EC when it was around. Had a love-hate relationship with the taste. Like bitter bubblegum! Burnt the shit out of your throat, but had a bubbalicious flavor too! :wink:

Ahhh…memories!

Um Dave, I do believe the word anabolic applies to anything that makes you grow, I mean…whey is anabolic.

So no, MAG-10 is not a “non-anabolic” steroid.

Since its a pre-ban PH, consider it the little brother of steroids.

Ok right on sounds like it worked well! Anyone know anything that around these days with simmilar properties? I.E. will give simmilar results? legal or not? I like what people have been saying about this and it seems that side effects where minimal if any which makes it apealing to someone like myself!

thanks Dave.

I’m going to personally thank Nandrosol and Grow! along with a good friend of mine Al who ran the supplement store that turned me and several others on to T-Nation and Biotest.

[quote]Dave.F wrote:
Wow thats what the hype was about sounds pretty potent.

So Prohormone meaning like a pharmaseudicial grad steroide? as in non anabolic?

please excuse my lac of knoledge on this subject I really dont know to much about gear in general

It sucks that it was discotinued that sounds like something id be willing to try after age 25 or so when ive hit a wall in the training and my hormone level drop off a little![/quote]

Yes prohormones are steroids, and as the government finds them, they make them illegal. They caught MAG-10 and hence why its no longer sold, but new ones are still popping up with slightly different ingredients.

Prohormones are hormones that have a extra element on them that gets cut off by the liver, thus leaving just the original compound. For example, if you take testosterone and add an extra “arm” to it and take it, the liver cuts the “arm” off and leaves you with just testosterone.

This is what supp companies used to do to get around the “you cant sell hormones”… Congress eventually caught on and said no more.

Of course this is ridiculously simplified, but you get the idea.

That clarifies alot guys thanks!

Hey I think if Prohormones and steroids where openly talked about and people actualy used them properly like they did back when the old pros used them like arnold and Zane they wouldnt be so shuned upon by the media every other day you ear of some great athlets accomplisments get tarnished by this “Cloud” know as performance inhancing supplements or steroids.

Its pretty lame in my opinion! But I guess this isnt the place for me to be venting about this! lol Still tho Im pissed I didnt get to use any of the Biotest Supps that they had a few years back!

What else was good? Everyones mentioning Androsol and Nandrosol? what where these like spray’s??

When MAG-10 Legacy came out, I remember knowing I didn’t need it at the time, but wondered about buying some for in the future. I wish I had bought some, and resisted the urge to use it until now.

[quote]Dave.F wrote:
That clarifies alot guys thanks!

Hey I think if Prohormones and steroids where openly talked about and people actualy used them properly like they did back when the old pros used them like arnold and Zane they wouldnt be so shuned upon by the media every other day you ear of some great athlets accomplisments get tarnished by this “Cloud” know as performance inhancing supplements or steroids.

Its pretty lame in my opinion! But I guess this isnt the place for me to be venting about this! lol Still tho Im pissed I didnt get to use any of the Biotest Supps that they had a few years back!

What else was good? Everyones mentioning Androsol and Nandrosol? what where these like spray’s??[/quote]

Both Androsol and Nandrosol were sprays or "skin Tonic"s however you want to say it. I never got to experience MAG-10 but Nandrosol was top notch stuff.

[quote]Dubbz wrote:
Yes prohormones are steroids, and as the government finds them, they make them illegal. They caught MAG-10 and hence why its no longer sold, but new ones are still popping up with slightly different ingredients.
[/quote]

…for instance…?

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
When MAG-10 Legacy came out, I remember knowing I didn’t need it at the time, but wondered about buying some for in the future. I wish I had bought some, and resisted the urge to use it until now.[/quote]

Same here, I really blew it not buying more and stocking up. Stocking up was even mentioned in the original Legacy article and thread. I just didn’t think that far ahead. Oh well…

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
I always wished I could have tried their liquid Methoxy-7 product…sad[/quote]

Methoxy-7 was a complete busto for me. Did nothing that I could detect. It’s the only Biotest sup with which I’ve ever been truly disappointed. It also tasted like sugary sweet, super-gritty-greasy mud.

Or was that Ribose-C? I really can’t remember. It was white, sweet, gritty, and had a fuckload of cholesterol. Someone remind me what that was - it was a Biotest product circa late '99 or 2000.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
jdrannin1 wrote:
I always wished I could have tried their liquid Methoxy-7 product…sad

Methoxy-7 was a complete busto for me. Did nothing that I could detect. It’s the only Biotest sup with which I’ve ever been truly disappointed. It also tasted like sugary sweet, super-gritty-greasy mud.

Or was that Ribose-C? I really can’t remember. It was white, sweet, gritty, and had a fuckload of cholesterol. Someone remind me what that was - it was a Biotest product circa late '99 or 2000.[/quote]

I never tried Ribose-C, but what you’re describing sounds like the original Methoxy-7. I thought it tasted like liquid bubblegum though. I liked it, but I don’t remember it doing much for me. I can’t remember what the exact details were, but there was a specific reason why it was reformulated.

I really like the new stuff though.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Grow! in packets…I remember that. They tried the powder with scoop first, then tried packets and then went back to the powder with the scoop. I did like the packets. They are convenient.

I remember Ribose C, and I also used Androsol and Nandrosol back in the day. Didn’t do much for me other than make me a bit sticky and leave a white powder on my skin after it had dried.

The original “original” Surge was better than the new original, but I like the chocolate a lot more now!

Even used 4-AD-EC when it was around. Had a love-hate relationship with the taste. Like bitter bubblegum! Burnt the shit out of your throat, but had a bubbalicious flavor too! :wink:

Ahhh…memories![/quote]

Oh, yes, the 4-AD-EC was a great product, but was a throat burner. I used to have to wash that and the liquid MAG-10 down with a little diet coke to kill the pain of it all. Great products, though.

Remember T-2(?) Things got a little dicey with that one, and it, too, disappeared. Anyone remember why?

[quote]TJN713 wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:

Ahhh…memories!

Oh, yes, the 4-AD-EC was a great product, but was a throat burner. I used to have to wash that and the liquid MAG-10 down with a little diet coke to kill the pain of it all. Great products, though.

Remember T-2(?) Things got a little dicey with that one, and it, too, disappeared. Anyone remember why?[/quote]

I might be wrong, but I thought T2 disappeared right around the same the first HOT-ROX was introduced.