Biotest Multi-Vitamin?

Every year or so i see a rumour or so of a Biotest multi-vit, and ive seen the reasons why it hasnt really been done. Ive even put some thought into the whys myself… which is why i am wondering why it hasnt been done yet?

I pretty much perceive it as a problem of how to break it up for absorption. I would of split it into two pills, one a vitamine, and the other a mineral pill.

The mineral’s all bonded to a delivery amino acid, much like ZMAs method for Mg and Zn.

The vitamin problem though looks a little harder, but you could perceivably get through the problem like any other brand, simply throw more in.

If turnover was high you could put it in a gel rather then the tars others brands have.

Or is it simply a matter of the market being absoloutely flooded with these products anyway?

Just curious… =)

With this post, are you waiting for TC or Tim Patterson to come out and say “ok, you got us. We’ve been pulling the wool over your eyes for this long, but this is really why we haven’t developed and sold a mult-v”?

I am interested in things like this. I am interested in finding out why products are made like they are. I would like to learn more. If anyone has any thoughts, i would like to hear them (hence starting a thread).

If they arnt coming out with one then i dont care, i would still like to hear about better ways to make one. Ive asked about food chem before, with how emulsifiers are used, etc. That started a good discussion, i even got some great PM’s with links.

I am not on a fishing expedition for product goss. Though i can understand why you would think that.

=)

I’ve been kind of curious myself, even though there are already quite few very reputable companies out there that have great mult-V’s. I personally get a wholefood based one from a company called NEW CHAPTER which is great. Everything else I pretty much get from Biotest.

It would be great just to get everything from them. The one product I’ve been wondering about which was mentioned a very long time ago was the “EUPHORIA” supplement idea. It was supposed to be a relaxing product yielding almost the same feeling as Marijuana or light alcohol buzz.

I have so much trouble sleeping at night and tried everything that the only thing that does work for me is an occasional few hits of the green and I’m asleep. But a product with the same effects without the side effects would be great.

I suspect that, from a business perspective, Biotest prefers to stick with unique products in niche markets. Mag10 was a great example until the FDA decided that it was too good for us.

I would be rather surprised to see Biotest enter into a highly competitive, price driven, commodity-type market like multi vitamins. However, it would be ice to see them do it.

[quote]T-Warrior wrote:
I’ve been kind of curious myself, even though there are already quite few very reputable companies out there that have great mult-V’s. I personally get a wholefood based one from a company called NEW CHAPTER which is great. Everything else I pretty much get from Biotest.

It would be great just to get everything from them. The one product I’ve been wondering about which was mentioned a very long time ago was the “EUPHORIA” supplement idea. It was supposed to be a relaxing product yielding almost the same feeling as Marijuana or light alcohol buzz.

I have so much trouble sleeping at night and tried everything that the only thing that does work for me is an occasional few hits of the green and I’m asleep. But a product with the same effects without the side effects would be great. [/quote]

The “Euphoria” product you mentioned would be great for people like me. Sometimes the only thing that will put me to sleep is some hits off that dank or noctural nutting. I prefer to avoid noctural nutting every night, because I feel so drained the next morning.

ZMA is a great product that I use, but what’s the point of it if I can’t get to sleep in the first place?

-Kevin

TC Luoma has discussed this issue before. He said that the research isn’t clear on what vitamin would be best. So they don’t feel qualified to create one, as it would involve too much guess work.

That makes sense, in light of the current debate over whether and to what extent certain vitamins act as pro-radicals. Who really knows what makes an ideal vitamin/mineral supplement?

Part of my view is that vitamins i tend to buy individually. If i want vit C i buy a tub, dito for A,B or E but the minerals i am never really sure what to get. All the competing for absorption, etc…

i just think i would piss it out or get trapped in any small amounts of fibre, etc in my intestines. I mean we are talking essentially mg quantities.

My mum often comes home with supermarket supplements for her “eyes” or “hair & nails” that are just glorified multi-vits/minerals. Whilst ive often thought of just getting a insulin syringe and get some salts from a chem company for weekly shots.

I would buy one if i knew it was good.