Biotest L-Leucine

I’ve felt no intense pumps from using it

You guys noticing results like this already have high protein diets? What would you estimate your protein intake in each meal?

Im not going to say 100% that it is the Leucine that is giving me the pumps, but since starting to use it along with ReceptorMax I have noticed it. Workouts are the same as before starting the two supplements, and no im not doing tons of reps looking for a pump, i just notice that after my arm workout especially, the pump is nuts and it hurts to bend my arms.

as far as diet, nothing has changed pre leucine to what im doing now. About 300-325 g protein, (about 40-50 g pro/meal) 300 g CHO, and 150 g Fat, a day, Leucine 4 times a day with meals, and RecptorMax as directed on the bottle

I also recently bought some leucine and think I’ve also seen results. I gained about 5 lbs in the first 2 weeks using it without changing other things. I don’t take many supplements because I haven’t really found any that “work” but this one seems like it actually does. Right now I’m doing lower reps so I don’t know about the pump but I’ll be curious to try higher reps with it. I take it by putting about 4oz of Orange juice in a blender (otherwise it doesn’t mix at all) I find this to mask the unpleasant taste very well.

The pump I get on shoulder day and arms day is already painful. I gota save up some money and pick some of this leucine up and see what happens. If im able to save up the money I want to stack:

ReceptorMax
Leucine
Anabolic pump
Alpha Male

…taking donations.

[quote]Big nation wrote:
Dose eveyone just put it into a shake before there workout because i didn’t really feel a pump in my last workout. Mabey im just weird.[/quote]

I take it with my meal about an hour before I workout.

That meal is usually just tuna and a carb.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
You guys noticing results like this already have high protein diets? What would you estimate your protein intake in each meal?[/quote]

I eat about 300 grams min. per day. With my larger meals I get 50+ grams of protein smaller ones about 25-35.

Just wondering bro…I got this a while back from another site…and it tastes HORRENDOUS. I mean really bad…I put it in oatmeal and it was literally hard work to finish the bowl.

It’s not very noticeable in protein shakes though, especially in my dextrose laden post workout, how does the Biotest version taste? I have heard that certain companies are more on the tasteless side and some are more on the horrid side.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not one to complain about taste as long as the product delivers, but sometimes it can be just that bad, and the leucine I have is just that bad. Thanks man

[quote]facko wrote:
Just wondering bro…I got this a while back from another site…and it tastes HORRENDOUS. I mean really bad…I put it in oatmeal and it was literally hard work to finish the bowl.

It’s not very noticeable in protein shakes though, especially in my dextrose laden post workout, how does the Biotest version taste? I have heard that certain companies are more on the tasteless side and some are more on the horrid side.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not one to complain about taste as long as the product delivers, but sometimes it can be just that bad, and the leucine I have is just that bad. Thanks man[/quote]

Maybe its cause im not a “taster”, but I just put a scoop in my mouth, hold my breath and drink some water or flavored drink to wash it down. I dont taste anything when I do it this way.

Im not trying to hijack this thread since im not CrewPierce, but in my own experience the Biotest leucine has less of “nasty horses ass taste” than some of the bulk brands Ive tried. I’ll also second the oatmeal comment, it does give it a weird taste, thats why I have gone with the scoop and chugg method

[quote]ndiddy85 wrote:
Im not trying to hijack this thread since im not CrewPierce, but in my own experience the Biotest leucine has less of “nasty horses ass taste” than some of the bulk brands Ive tried.
[/quote]

I’ll second this.

I just put a scoop of Biotest L-Leucine in my mouth and there’s not much of a taste to it. Maybe slightly bitter, but no where near as bad as other powdered amino acids I’ve used.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
ndiddy85 wrote:
Im not trying to hijack this thread since im not CrewPierce, but in my own experience the Biotest leucine has less of “nasty horses ass taste” than some of the bulk brands Ive tried.

I’ll second this.

I just put a scoop of Biotest L-Leucine in my mouth and there’s not much of a taste to it. Maybe slightly bitter, but no where near as bad as other powdered amino acids I’ve used.[/quote]

I tried this wit hthe bulk powder…but its got such a strange texture and doesnt mix that the powder just almost stayed in my mouth and i couldn’t even feel the water lol…hard to explain.

Imagine a shitload of chalk in your mouth and trying to swallow it…even with water it felt like that. I’m gonna buy biotests powder because this shit has like no density…

[quote]facko wrote:

I tried this wit hthe bulk powder…but its got such a strange texture and doesnt mix that the powder just almost stayed in my mouth and i couldn’t even feel the water lol…hard to explain.

Imagine a shitload of chalk in your mouth and trying to swallow it…even with water it felt like that. I’m gonna buy biotests powder because this shit has like no density…[/quote]

There’s a little bit of technique to doing this. You gotta pour the water almost on top of the powder thats in your mouth, then swish it around so it mixes and then swallow.

Really its not that difficult and it is a hell of a lot better and easier than ruining countless delicious meals because you’re sprinkling Leucine on everything.

The trick is to put a little water in your mouth first then the scoop on top of that then a drink of water to wash it down. Having some water in your mouth first keeps the powder from sticking to your tongue and cheeks.

Lol thanks guys…

I love this thread for the mere fact that we are discussing the best way to “put a supplement in your mouth and swallow it”

Also facko, I have noticed not only does Biotest Leucine taste better than bulk, but it is a much finer texture than a lot of the clumpy bulk brands, its almost like a less chalky creatine

[quote]ndiddy85 wrote:
facko wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not one to complain about taste as long as the product delivers, but sometimes it can be just that bad, and the leucine I have is just that bad. Thanks man

Maybe its cause im not a “taster”, but I just put a scoop in my mouth, hold my breath and drink some water or flavored drink to wash it down. I dont taste anything when I do it this way.

Im not trying to hijack this thread since im not CrewPierce, but in my own experience the Biotest leucine has less of “nasty horses ass taste” than some of the bulk brands Ive tried. I’ll also second the oatmeal comment, it does give it a weird taste, thats why I have gone with the scoop and chugg method

[/quote]

lol I started this thread for everyone to comment on so hyjack away!

[quote]ndiddy85 wrote:
I love this thread for the mere fact that we are discussing the best way to “put a supplement in your mouth and swallow it”

Also facko, I have noticed not only does Biotest Leucine taste better than bulk, but it is a much finer texture than a lot of the clumpy bulk brands, its almost like a less chalky creatine[/quote]

lol so true!

Come on y’all we’re living up to the label of “meatheads” by having to explain how to put a powder in your mouth and swallow with water. Haha too fuuny.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
ndiddy85 wrote:

Also facko, I have noticed not only does Biotest Leucine taste better than bulk, but it is a much finer texture than a lot of the clumpy bulk brands, its almost like a less chalky creatine

lol so true!

Come on y’all we’re living up to the label of “meatheads” by having to explain how to put a powder in your mouth and swallow with water. Haha too fuuny.[/quote]

Yeah, it does taste good or as good as tasteless powder can in your mouth. For me it was just getting used to dumping a scoop of powder in my mouth and then drinking it down. For my morning dose I use a Spike Shotgun to help slam it down and it’s good this way.

Crew, thanks for the tip, I’ve been getting more of it in this way then previously trying to remember to sprinkle it on my food.

D

you meatheads are too funny- i curently take BCAA’s (12 tabs a day)and never have i felt such painless recovery - i wanna try l-leucine, i read in a med report it actually stimulated muscle synthesis in old folks at higher dosages, imagine what it will do for a young dude like me ( iam only 48)

So I will be starting this on Sunday. I take some now, mostly just post workout and when i remember – which is not often. So Sunday I will take 4 times a day – if it means I have to pop it in the gullet and swallow with water…
Thanks for the tip guys.