Biotest Creatine Malate

I see that the Biotest store now has this. Does anyone know the benefits over the other stuff? The search function on the website is worthless when it comes to this.

Creatine Malate is more bioavailable. It absorbs faster with no bloating. No need to load it. Boosts production of ATP and acts as a lactic acid buffer.

Dicreatine malate will also work for many who were non-responders to creatine monohydrate or who had upset stomachs from standard creatine usage.

Thanks Chris, I read on another site that Malate should be combined with another type of creatine (monohydrate for example). Any truth to this or can I take it as a standalone?

[quote]Playboy wrote:
Thanks Chris, I read on another site that Malate should be combined with another type of creatine (monohydrate for example). Any truth to this or can I take it as a standalone?[/quote]

Haven’t heard of that myself. I just toss it in my workout drink.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]Playboy wrote:
Thanks Chris, I read on another site that Malate should be combined with another type of creatine (monohydrate for example). Any truth to this or can I take it as a standalone?[/quote]

Haven’t heard of that myself. I just toss it in my workout drink. [/quote]

Directions say to drink immediately but can i mix pre workout and drink post workout?

[quote]kevhill100 wrote:

[quote]Playboy wrote:

Haven’t heard of that myself. I just toss it in my workout drink. [/quote]

Directions say to drink immediately but can i mix pre workout and drink post workout?[/quote]

You can- but can’t you just shake it up after your workout? It takes 30s and tastes like sweet tarts in water!

people get bloated from regular creatine? Is this bloated digestively speaking, or in reference to water retention?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
people get bloated from regular creatine? Is this bloated digestively speaking, or in reference to water retention?[/quote]

Yes some people do. Water retention, generally.

“The chemical assets of creatine instigate it to pass on huge quantity of water, described as hydration shell, all-around it. Escalating the amounts of creatine within your muscles intensifies the degree of water within them, momentarily mounting their volume. If your muscles do not soak up creatine, it sticks within your body until your kidneys can eliminate it through urination. Prior it is eliminated, this surplus creatine can trigger water preservation and bloating, thus make you feel full and squishy. In other words, creatine bloat is mainly a cosmetic dilemma, but constant water preservation can put further strain on your heart, blood vessels and kidneys.”

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

people get bloated from regular creatine? Is this bloated digestively speaking, or in reference to water retention?[/quote]

“The chemical assets of creatine instigate it to pass on huge quantity of water, described as hydration shell, all-around it. Escalating the amounts of creatine within your muscles intensifies the degree of water within them, momentarily mounting their volume. If your muscles do not soak up creatine, it sticks within your body until your kidneys can eliminate it through urination. Prior it is eliminated, this surplus creatine can trigger water preservation and bloating, thus make you feel full and squishy. In other words, creatine bloat is mainly a cosmetic dilemma, but constant water preservation can put further strain on your heart, blood vessels and kidneys.”

[/quote]
The best way to avoid that would then be to not take so much creatine to ensure most if not all gets absorbed? Also, here comes the ignorant question, pre workout or post workout, which is better?

When I used to load creatine, I bloated like crazy. Few months ago I loaded and gained 10 lbs in 2 days. Ridiculous. Needless to say, I stopped loading after that because I don’t think it’s necessary.

Hmm, I thought the “bloat” was a good thing. Wouldn’t you want more water to make the muscles appear fuller…

Hmm, I thought the “bloat” was a good thing. Wouldn’t you want more water to make the muscles appear fuller…[/quote]

Yes and no, you want full muscle bellys( and cells ), not extra water floating around the muscle. Too much and you look and feel soft versus big and hard ( had to fit that in (zing, that’s what she said))

[quote]AKellish wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[/quote]
The best way to avoid that would then be to not take so much creatine to ensure most if not all gets absorbed? Also, here comes the ignorant question, pre workout or post workout, which is better?[/quote]

Mike R’s recent article suggest PWO with carbs, as it’s been shown carbs increase the shuttling to cells. I personally do it before my workout or 5g pre, 5g during if I’m doing legs. this is mixed with anaconda so there are carbs there.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

Hmm, I thought the “bloat” was a good thing. Wouldn’t you want more water to make the muscles appear fuller…[/quote]

Yes and no, you want full muscle bellys( and cells ), not extra water floating around the muscle. Too much and you look and feel soft versus big and hard ( had to fit that in (zing, that’s what she said))[/quote]

But the point is to increase work capacity, the water retention is required for the muscle to store the creatine in muscle. You don’t use it for looking better.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

Yes and no, you want full muscle bellys( and cells ), not extra water floating around the muscle. Too much and you look and feel soft versus big and hard ( had to fit that in (zing, that’s what she said))[/quote]

But the point is to increase work capacity, the water retention is required for the muscle to store the creatine in muscle. You don’t use it for looking better.[/quote]

I’m not arguing with you there, but for those complaining about bloat I assume the only reason they are complaining is because they don’t look/feel properly. Which is important to them.

That or there are people who take creatine supplements and get horrible stomach issue, which to my understanding doesn’t happen nearly as often with a true malate.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

But the point is to increase work capacity, the water retention is required for the muscle to store the creatine in muscle. You don’t use it for looking better.[/quote]

x2.

Have never heard of creatine mono causing so much “bloat” that people choose not to use it.

lolol muscle bloat vs muscle belly bloat

I’ve taken dicreatine malate before and it worked well. I switched back to creatine mono because it was cheaper and I don’t have GI upset from either.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
I’ve taken dicreatine malate before and it worked well. I switched back to creatine mono because it was cheaper and I don’t have GI upset from either.[/quote]

i’ve tried all the creatine’s. all rot my gut and ruin toilets, except malate. love that stuff

Creatine Malate is more bioavailable. It absorbs faster with no bloating. No need to load it. Boosts production of ATP and acts as a lactic acid buffer.

Dicreatine malate will also work for many who were non-responders to creatine monohydrate or who had upset stomachs from standard creatine usage.

[/quote]

Hi all, is there a particular time when to take creatine malate during non-workout day? Or does it not matter?
Thanks,
Tim