Biotest BCAA's During Training

Just got my BCAA’s in the mail today. The label says to take them before, during, and after training. I understand taking them before and after but at a seminar I heard David Barr say that anything consumed during training would not be completely digested because the stomach shuts down when training. What are your practices with the BCAA’s??

• E

just follow the directions

I take 3 upon waking, 2 between meals, 3 before training, and two about half an hour after I drink my PWO Surge.

I feel that BCAA’s help tremendously with recovery.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I take 3 upon waking, 2 between meals, 3 before training, and two about half an hour after I drink my PWO Surge.

I feel that BCAA’s help tremendously with recovery.[/quote]

Awesome. What about before bedtime with ZMA?

[quote]cardinal25 wrote:
Just got my BCAA’s in the mail today. The label says to take them before, during, and after training. I understand taking them before and after but at a seminar I heard David Barr say that anything consumed during training would not be completely digested because the stomach shuts down when training.

• E[/quote]

I agree with him. Smart guy, he is.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
cardinal25 wrote:
Just got my BCAA’s in the mail today. The label says to take them before, during, and after training. I understand taking them before and after but at a seminar I heard David Barr say that anything consumed during training would not be completely digested because the stomach shuts down when training.

• E

[/quote]

Haha - good to hear from you.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
cardinal25 wrote:

• E

[/quote]

Doh. I’ve been wasting my BCAA ‘during training’ dose then.

I take them with every meal, and before and after training. I’m not going to take my focus off training to pop some BCAA no matter how much they may help. But that’s just me.