BioSignature & Hormonal Fluctuations

I have been following a couple of the Biosignature Threads in the T-Cell and I have a question. Now, it occurs to me that hormones fluctuate at different times of the day.
I see that one of the recommendations for high cortisol is phosphatidyl serine.

I happen to know from a neurotransmitter test that I had done that my cortisol is high around bed-time. This sometimes causes me to have sleep problems. However, when I started taking cortisol (I would take it in the afternoon), I started feeling “flat”, as if my cortisol was too low.

Now, I am assuming that this “flatness” was due to low cortisol, lowered by the Phosphatidyl serine. My point is that I wonder what the Biosignature test indicates, since hormones, I believe, can vary greatly according to the time of day.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
I have been following a couple of the Biosignature Threads in the T-Cell and I have a question. Now, it occurs to me that hormones fluctuate at different times of the day.
I see that one of the recommendations for high cortisol is phosphatidyl serine.

I happen to know from a neurotransmitter test that I had done that my cortisol is high around bed-time. This sometimes causes me to have sleep problems. However, when I started taking cortisol (I would take it in the afternoon), I started feeling “flat”, as if my cortisol was too low.

Now, I am assuming that this “flatness” was due to low cortisol, lowered by the Phosphatidyl serine. My point is that I wonder what the Biosignature test indicates, since hormones, I believe, can vary greatly according to the time of day.[/quote]

Biosig won’t tell you the time of day you are low/high in cortisol (if that’s one of your issues). That requires a saliva test, etc. Biosig will tell you generally what hormonal issues could be causing fat storage overall (e.g. insulin resistance, thyroid, estrogen, cortisol) but not necessarily the cause of that issue or any other details.

[quote]trextacy wrote:

Biosig won’t tell you the time of day you are low/high in cortisol (if that’s one of your issues). That requires a saliva test, etc. Biosig will tell you generally what hormonal issues could be causing fat storage overall (e.g. insulin resistance, thyroid, estrogen, cortisol) but not necessarily the cause of that issue or any other details.
[/quote]

I am not dissing Biosig at all, but it occurs to me that this is an important point. I am not sure that Biosig practitioners are going to be nuanced in determining the supplements to give. Seems to me that if Biosig identifies the problem one might want to do more testing of that hormone, i.e. the cortisol rate over the period of a day, as in my case.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
trextacy wrote:

I am not dissing Biosig at all, but it occurs to me that this is an important point. I am not sure that Biosig practitioners are going to be nuanced in determining the supplements to give.

Seems to me that if Biosig identifies the problem one might want to do more testing of that hormone, i.e. the cortisol rate over the period of a day, as in my case.

[/quote]
As I understand it, the Biosignature caliper measurement for the umbilicus indicates chronically elevated cortisol over a long period of time (long enough to store all that fat).

You could obviously have low cortisol in the AM (not good) but elevated cortisol for most of the day and evening, leading to fat gain around the abdomen. The fat would correlate with a long-term average, a good thing to know.

Poliquin has protocols, mentioned by CT and Damici in various threads, for optimizing cortisol. These were mentioned as being the most complicated protocols. Damici did not even want to list what he was taking, when, saying it would be too tedious.

These protocols are based not just on the fat measurement, but on symptoms at different times of day of low/high cortisol/adrenal burnout.

This is what CT said about it: