T Nation

Bioshock 2 or Dante's Inferno?!!?

This is a important topic if you guys had to choose between the 2 which would you get? I loved the first Bioshock but I also love God of War Style game, I have played Dantes Inferno Demo and the controls are exactly the same which is fine with me GoW perfected the Genre so I welcome a copy cat Besides the story does look good.

Somebodies tell me what to get?!? And ill be trading ME2 for one of these games ME2 sucked just like the first one.

Could never really get into the Bioshock games…and ok, I don’t know a GREAT deal (infact nothing at this point in time) about Dante’s Inferno other than the adverts; but have got to say that I think i’ll be wasting my money on Dante this weekend…

haha im in the same situation dude…i didnt really like the first bioshock too much, thought it was ok but nothing great…i played the demo for Dantes Inferno and to me it just seems like tapping X Y and B over and aover and over again would get relatively boring…

BUT…the game does look realy sick and you can just fuck people up the whole time with a huge scythe so thats pretty sick haha…as for bioshock 2, i like all the upgrading you can do and customization of the weapons and stuff…if ur looking for a game you can play for a long time i would go with Bioshock, but if you want a quick game you can probably burn through kinda quickly than get Dantes Inferno, cuz i dont think there is much reason to keep replaying that game but i dont know?? this thread should help me out as well! thanks for starting it!
IronWarrior

I’m not very well versed in either of the two new titles, but I played Bioshock 1 and had a blast with it.

Probably doesn’t help at all, sorry.

I played Bioshock 2 last night for about 6 hours. I loved the first one, also, so I’m biased. It’s a good game. The multiplayer was pretty fun, but I just played that for about 30 minutes. Why not buy it, beat it, and then trade it in on GOWIII next month?

I will probably buy (or at the very least rent) both :slight_smile:

I enjoyed the first Bioshock immensely. ME1 was meh. Dante’s inferno looks fucking sick!

Average review score for Dante’s Inferno 74

Average review score for Bioshock 2 89

The general consensus about Dante’s Inferno is that it starts of with a bang but gets REALLY repetitive after the first 3 levels. Hope that helps some

Dante’s Inferno = God of War set in Hell. Not a bad thing, but it’s literally almost the exact same engine and same deal as God of War. May even be a bit less spectaclar, knowing it is EA.

Bioshock 2 = Thinking man’s shooter with ideas based around philosophy and general morality. Is also of similar engine to Bioshock, and many settings are the same.

Vote: You’re fucking retarded. Play more Mass Effect 2, brah.

If that really isn’t an option, get Bioshock 2. Dante’s Inferno is bound to end up cheaper sooner than Bioshock 2, guaranteed.

dude just rent bioshock youll beat that shit in a day

Might get blasted for this but I still haven’t played BioShock. I’ll probably get Dante’s first then wrap back around and pick up or rent the Bio series.

Also, not that it has anything to do with this but ya’ll need to get on DarkSiders. Probably my favorite game in the last few years with the exception of Arkham Asylum. It’s fucking awesome.

Bioshock 2 all the way. The first one was insane, they are even filming a movie off of the story line.

[quote]doogie wrote:
I played Bioshock 2 last night for about 6 hours. I loved the first one, also, so I’m biased. It’s a good game. The multiplayer was pretty fun, but I just played that for about 30 minutes. Why not buy it, beat it, and then trade it in on GOWIII next month?[/quote]

X 2. Hey Doug going to pick it up tonight, my phone died yesterday so had to get that fixed. I am just going to buy both. Bioshock is already paid for at Gamestop with credit.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Might get blasted for this but I still haven’t played BioShock. I’ll probably get Dante’s first then wrap back around and pick up or rent the Bio series.

Also, not that it has anything to do with this but ya’ll need to get on DarkSiders. Probably my favorite game in the last few years with the exception of Arkham Asylum. It’s fucking awesome.[/quote]

Is this the one where you’re a disgraced horseman of the apocolypse or something? If so, just how good is it? Been looking at it for a while but been hesitant to fork out for.

i’ve been playing dante’s inferno for the past few hours. long story short, it’s a gimmicky, watered-down darksiders. you can’t alter the camera angle with the analog which, along with the fact that you are herded across the map by the computer, diminishes the expansiveness of the game. further, the puzzles aren’t puzzling, just annoying. never played god of war, but i’d go with bioshock 2 or darksiders over dante.

get the game pass from blockbuster and play all 3

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
haha im in the same situation dude…i didnt really like the first bioshock too much, thought it was ok but nothing great…i played the demo for Dantes Inferno and to me it just seems like tapping X Y and B over and aover and over again would get relatively boring…

BUT…the game does look realy sick and you can just fuck people up the whole time with a huge scythe so thats pretty sick haha…as for bioshock 2, i like all the upgrading you can do and customization of the weapons and stuff…if ur looking for a game you can play for a long time i would go with Bioshock, but if you want a quick game you can probably burn through kinda quickly than get Dantes Inferno, cuz i dont think there is much reason to keep replaying that game but i dont know?? this thread should help me out as well! thanks for starting it!
IronWarrior[/quote]

Dante is pretty much an exact copy cat of God of war(which are amazing games) just with different story etc… If they copied it well enough, then its going to have great replay value… I’m probably going to get both at the same time sense I have money for neither at this time :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]TDavis123 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Also, not that it has anything to do with this but ya’ll need to get on DarkSiders. Probably my favorite game in the last few years with the exception of Arkham Asylum. It’s fucking awesome.[/quote]

Is this the one where you’re a disgraced horseman of the apocolypse or something? If so, just how good is it? Been looking at it for a while but been hesitant to fork out for.[/quote]

Bought it beat it traded in for Bioshock. It is not bad, but gets repetitive also. Good button smasher, not bad on a few of the puzzles. Not a long game, not open world. Buy used or rent would be better option.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]TDavis123 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Is this the one where you’re a disgraced horseman of the apocolypse or something? If so, just how good is it? Been looking at it for a while but been hesitant to fork out for.[/quote]

Bought it beat it traded in for Bioshock. It is not bad, but gets repetitive also. Good button smasher, not bad on a few of the puzzles. Not a long game, not open world. Buy used or rent would be better option.[/quote]

I’ll agree that it does get repetitive at times [as a button smasher], and some of the bosses are a little easy, but overall I fucking loved it. I rented it first and after getting tired of me telling her how awesome it is my girl bought it for me. The sequel can [and should] definitely improve on some things but I thought they hit it outta the park. The graphics, the colors, the story, the puzzle solving… It’s just a really fun game. Also, the main complaint I’ve heard/read about it aside from the repetitiveness is the “tearing” of the screen during quick turnarounds. They’ll definitely need to fix that next time out.

[quote]jahall wrote:
Bioshock 2 all the way. The first one was insane, they are even filming a movie off of the story line.[/quote]

Because video game movies always turn out well. I hear Uwe Boll’s up for an Oscar.

[quote]Doc L wrote:
I will probably buy (or at the very least rent) both :slight_smile:

I enjoyed the first Bioshock immensely. ME1 was meh. Dante’s inferno looks fucking sick![/quote]

Marry me?