Biology of Race

Treco agrees on my stance that average intelligence differ by race

Does he agree that experience is overrated?

This makes it all that much stranger to see you so fascinated by the importance of IQ, when a significant part of your “IQ is important” justification thus far has been based on IQ as a predictor of educational attainment. That “list of things” you brought up included, among the small handful of things that actually did correlate with IQ/intelligence in a semi-meaningful way

“academic performance in primary education”
“educational attainment”
“degree attainment speed in graduate school”
“academic performance in secondary education”
“academic performance in tertiary education”

Why bring up a list of things that “IQ predicts” that includes mostly things related to education (at the top of the list) if education is unimportant?

1 Like

Again plainly state your stance on the biology of race, or don’t bother responding to my posts in this thread I am not going to respond

Already did.

Translation: it’s inconvenient for your theories and conjectures when a grown-up scientist explains why your “wealth of data” doesn’t mean what you think it means.

4 Likes

A) is race a biological construct, or do you take EDs stance that race is purely a social construct?

Fixed that for ya.

3 Likes

Speaking of Dunning-kruger blacks show the highest level of self esteem while displaying the lowest level of achievement

Asians show the highest level of achievement with the lowest levels of self esteem

Do you even read the studies that you post? D-K has nothing to do with the present study and would be an ignorant concept to try apply to the findings.

“For the present paper, our point is that there might be differences in the “cultural press for the expression of high self-esteem” as it relates to responses on paper and pencil measures both within and across cultures.”

1 Like

Race is the seed culture is the flower

Please take a moment to consider all the flaws in that metaphor.

2 Likes

http://www.zeigler-hill.com/uploads/7/7/3/2/7732402/zeigler-hill__wallace_2011.pdf

Blacks tend to be more narcissistic than whites

[Quote]

Black individuals have been found to report the highest levels of self-esteem of any racial group in the Uni- ted States. The purpose of the present research was to examine whether Black individuals also report higher levels of narcissism than White individuals. Study 1 (N = 367) found that Black individuals reported higher levels of narcissism than White individuals even when controlling for gender, self-esteem level, and socially desirable response tendencies. Study 2 (N = 967) and Study 3 (N = 315) found similar results such that Black individuals reported higher levels of narcissism than White individuals on the narcissism measures that captured less pathological facets of this construct. Study 3 also included indicators of psychological adjust- ment and found that the pathological aspects of narcissism were more strongly associated with maladjust- ment for Black individuals than for White individuals. The implications of these results for understanding the Black self-esteem advantage are discussed. [/quote]

Now you are going in circles. Yes the present study supports that narcissistic grandiosity due to insecurities may be causal of heightened self-esteem (i.e. an example of Dunning-kruger); however, the theory is explicitly necessitated by insecurities that are a product of environmental factors (racism), which completely contradicts your original stated view on race.

Maybe I am just confused at this point, but what exactly is your stance?

4 Likes

But aren’t psychological traits highly influenced by genetics?

Shall I quote your own source to refute you, or can you just read it for yourself?

2 Likes

No I read their explanation of the results, but if we know from twin studies that psychological traits are heavily influenced by genes, why can’t a sizable portion of the gap between narcissism in races also be explained by genetic differences?

False, the meta analyses of twin studies provide support that genetics may have a stronger influence on aspects such as academic performance/intelligence, but not on personality and other psychological traits (e.g. narcissism).

Do not just go back to your Bouchard quote. The meta analyses hold more weight than his lone opinion.

But intelligence is a psychological trait

I never said it wasn’t?

Just because certain psychological traits (like intelligence) can be demonstrated to be affected by genetics does not mean all psychological traits are equally affected.

If you really need me to lay this all out for you:

You argue that race/genetics strongly dictates all psychological traits.

The research only shows that genetics affects certain psychological traits while the environment has a stronger influence on others.

Your argument is not supported by research.