Biology of Race

Mostly catholics yes. I think most non-catholic christians have zero problem with BC other than how it is provided–but I DO think that they (or the large majority anyway) recognize the QoL benefits, so I wouldn’t agree with you there.

^^^ For the record this is a non-answer.

Notice he didn’t dismiss my stance on race and IQ or even address it, just that he leans more toward environment.

But seriously no long response needed. Just say there is no real scientific evidence to suggest differences in intelligence between races is genetic (if that’s your stance).

A) this is an answer to your question

B) this is exactly why I was ignoring you in the first place–I expected a sad sorry “gotcha” attempt and knew the question wasn’t a straight one.

C) you’re not worth a detailed answer because of B. I don’t feel like wasting my time.

2 Likes

Let me rephrase: Is there any scientific merit to the position held by Watson, Crick and others that differences in intelligence that show up between racial groups is largely genetic?

I suspect you won’t answer because you don’t want to admit there is. I also guess you don’t want to betray your integrity as a scientist by lying.

You’re entitled to feel anyway you want about this information just don’t shoot the messenger

1 Like

LOL! Whatever.

I’ve been reading this thread for quite a while. Let’s suppose that you are correct (and I am not agreeing with you) and that African Americans have an overall lower IQ than others…what is your point? What are you going with this?

Well I already made this post into what the costs of ignoring IQ does:

quickly though:

1. Gaps in achievement will never close
  2. African Americans will always have higher crimes rates
  3. It makes white privilege completely bunk
  4. Systemic oppression does not exist
  5. Social and education programs have limited effect

Has anyone’s understanding of and outlook on race changed in this entire thread? Let me know. :grinning:

Mine has. I dislike racists now more than I did when the thread was started.

6 Likes

A few people:

^ Admission brains differ by race.

^ he’s asking this question because he’s been persuaded

^ If aragorn admits brains differ by race does that mean he also must change his opinion?

^ collapsed under the heavy load of cognitive dissonance

It was kind of interesting to think about “Ethno-States.” I grew up with the idea of one, indivisible nation, where everyone is equal.

The idea of a country being a country because everyone is the “same” and the “different” people were somewhere else was not something I really considered much.

Sad attempt at a troll job raj. Failed again.

2 Likes

@BrickHead if you’re interested in a detailed explanation as to why blacks have advantages in sports this is a good video. The whole video is interesting but the explanation starts around the 11 minute mark

tl;dw large brains have a cascading effect on the body that made locomotion a little less efficient in other races. Blacks tend to have smaller brains

No, he isn’t.

It’s so ridiculous.

1 Like

Remember presenting scientific findings and theories = racist

Suggesting people of one race should pay debts for actions their ancestors may or may not have committed to another race = Not only not racist but good

The idea that abilities or characteristics are race specific is the DEFINITION(like in the dictionary) of Racism.

1 Like

If it’s a fact is it still racist?

Personally my definition of racism is hatred of others races or belief in race supremacy ideologies.

Accepting the scientific fact that blacks tend to be more athletic than asians for instance is not racist.

So raj, if we all originated from the same basic genetic code that migrated from Africa, but some manifestations of that genetic code resulted in higher IQ, then why does the potential not exist in non migratory Africans to have the same IQ?

It is in that piece of rhetoric that your argument falls apart.

2 Likes

It’s possible but highly unlikely. I remember watching one phD professor who studies IQ saying the likelihood of all races having the same IQ being the equivalent of dropping a handful of coins and them all landing standing up.