You have posted links from Amren

You wrote this:

“Sorry I don’t believe they have the same intellectual capability”

You are a two-faced dude

It’s an argument, try refuting it.

Sure:

This is obesity in 1990:

This is obesity in 2015:

We didn’t suddenly mutate into the fat X-men.

https://www.cdc.gov/healthyschools/obesity/facts.htm

So on and so forth…

1 Like

Yep. Well said.

Of all the directions this thread could go, this is probably the most ridiculous:

Soda:

Fast Food:

Might as well just re-post this:

and this one:

Something pointed out to me:

This article that recently came out from leftist rag Vox :

1. doesn’t deny IQ measures intelligence
  2. doesn’t call the tests culturally biased
  3. acknowledges the black white IQ gap

The lies are coming apart, what’s old will become new again

Now demonstrate excercise and diet are effective in fighting obesity long-term

Ok, fair. I will withdraw that

This is postmenopausal women:

This is really not complicated.

Its also really not worth it. I mean if he had an ounce of intellectual honesty he’d be able to understand that science is almost never about “WILL someone CHOOSE to follow this protocol?” and is almost always about “IF someone DID CHOOSE to follow this, would it work?” Raj is posting about the entirely wrong fucking question.

Diet and exercise work as treatments for people who choose to do them.

2 Likes

Lol, right… I’m reminded of CTs transformation:

2 Likes

If our personalities are highly heritable, isn’t that a relevant scientific question?

I’m not going to post it because I know you don’t read things that go against your opinion but impulse control has shown to have a sizable genetic component.

Interesting. I’m curious if they’ve kept the weight off after the 12 month period. 3 year studies and 10 year studies posted in the link I posted show different results

Is the stance that certain people are incapable of change when it comes to being overweight because their genetics make them too prone to impulses?

If genetics do play a large part in impulses I would wonder to what extent that it couldn’t just be ignored with hard work and perseverance.

2 Likes

He shaved his head. Better lighting. (Insert ankle biter excuse here) Lmao.

3 Likes

If humans can overcome addictions to heroine, tobacco and other nefarious compounds than they can overcome their impulse to eat garbage food.

You have to want it and take personal responsibility for it. Blaming your genes for your life choices is the most intellectually weak thing a person could do. It’s even worse to give other people an out, because addiction/obesity “runs in the family”.

4 Likes

[Quote=“TheRajRaj”] I’m not going to post it because I know you don’t read things that go against your opinion
[/quote]

Doesn’t even read an article he posted :joy::joy::joy: such a :clown_face: this thread. Why admin no end?

1 Like

Doesn’t even read an article he posted :joy::joy::joy: such a :clown_face: this thread. Why admin no end?
[/quote]

??

It’s amazing they conceded previous talking points

That’s pretty much where I fall too. I’ve seen people overcome heroine, alcohol, and so many other vices that straight up cause chemical imbalances in your brain. If people can beat those, putting down the cheeseburgers shouldn’t be impossible by any stretch.

1 Like