Biology of Gender

Perhaps. But organizations like the AEI (which you seem to be fond of citing) are equally likely to go with the most unsympathetic treatment of the numbers, yes? After all, they are an advocacy group as well. And ironically, without organizations like the AAUW to serve as their bogeyman, there’s not much for the AEI to write about in their fundraising letters.

The Professor in your video says:

“Very few people in this classroom have an IQ of below 120 because Universities were set up so that smart people could expand their ability”

Makes me wonder how any quota system can work. If student “A” has an IQ of 140 and gains admission the old fashion way. But student “B” has an IQ of 90 and is only there because of a system that allows so many of that particular population to be there how can student “B” even begin to compete with student “A”?

And while I have no hard facts I bet that most who gain admission through a quota system drop out at far higher rates than others. Anecdotally my son and his friends roll their eyes when they talk about students who are at their university on the quota system. Some of the dumb comments that these students make and their overall low performance and attendance demonstrates that they just don’t belong there.

They really don’t belong in college. Some belong in trade school, others possibly construction labor jobs. And still others should be saying “do you want French fries with that order”?

And by the way there is not thing inherently wrong with any of the above. But yeah some young people feel that they are just too good for that sort of work. But that is exactly where they belong until they have proven otherwise.

I’m pretty sure American colleges/universities that accept public funding are not allowed (since the Bakke decision) to employ a “quota system.”

Probably more of a Biology/Race item

http://www.ncsl.org/research/education/affirmative-action-court-decisions.aspx

For sure. If you follow Brookings and the LA Times, and I’m reading Manhattan Institute or Heritage Foundation and WSJ, and we compare notes, we’ll be better for it.

LOL.

Student B would, if placed in University, fail very quickly not keep up at all. 90 is the threshold following instructions for a task. [quote=“zeb1, post:207, topic:228430”]
They really don’t belong in college. Some belong in trade school, others possibly construction labor jobs. And still others should be saying “do you want French fries with that order”?
[/quote]

Unfortunately, the cards of you IQ dealt to you at birth will stick with you for your life and there is not much you can do about it, no matter the hard work involved. If you have a IQ of 60 you’ll need hundreds of hours to master tasks that someone of a 130 IQ can pick up after being shown once.
The high IQ people hold the money as they are at the forefront of industry revolution like Richard Branson. Those with low or even average IQ’s will just be workers in various fields depending on the complexity.
Even in jobs that you think stupid people do like a McDonalds employee need a decent IQ as its quite complicated(orders, change, communication etc), otherwise a robot would just do the jobs.
For the lower end of IQ people the single repetitive tasks they can complete, can just be replaced with robots or machines to do automatically.

1 Like