T Nation

Bioidentical Hormones

Hi All,

I did a blood test to check my hormonal levels and was shock that it was way below the accepted range despite bodybuilding. I stopped for the last 6 months cause I was just not in the mood; hence the blood test to find out why.

I came across these bioidentical hormones that are touted to be close to the real thing. It comes as a patch, a lozenges and a moisturiser cream.

Have anyone heard of its effectiveness? Or is this just another scam? Is not cheap and its only prescribed by a medical doctor who assess your deficiency and prescribed what you need.

Spencer

[quote]spenceryap wrote:
Hi All,

I did a blood test to check my hormonal levels and was shock that it was way below the accepted range despite bodybuilding. I stopped for the last 6 months cause I was just not in the mood; hence the blood test to find out why.

I came across these bioidentical hormones that are touted to be close to the real thing. It comes as a patch, a lozenges and a moisturiser cream.

Have anyone heard of its effectiveness? Or is this just another scam? Is not cheap and its only prescribed by a medical doctor who assess your deficiency and prescribed what you need.

Spencer
[/quote]

Did you conduct a proper post cycle protocol?

AG-Guys

[quote]ag-guys wrote:
Did you conduct a proper post cycle protocol?

AG-Guys
[/quote]

I think he’s talking about natural hormone levels.

Yes, these bioidentical hormones are supposedly natural. Actually, they are made from phyto-based,ie plant based.

The company making it is Compounding Pharmacy and seem to have a monopoly on these stuff.

I have a friend on it and he seems to think the world of it. According to him, the doctor does a blood test to check his hormonal level, then prescribes the necessary doasage to normalize it. Sound simple but its not cheap.

They have it for testo as well as estrogen for women. Women benefit cause its safer then the current HRT tt is derive from horses urine. And it does not have carcinogenic properties.

With my testo at 177 ng/dl no wonder I feel like shit all the time. Normal values are 241-827. I want to be at 827. Haha

I may try the stuff just for the heck of it.

I was wondering if any bros had any experience (positive or negative) with bioidentical hormones.

I’m hesitant at best but my parents go to a progressive doctor who has them on several things of that nature, extrogen/test cream, dhea, nature’s thyroid ect. I’m not thrilled with what I’m seeing with them physically (mainly my mother, dad is doing pretty well but follows things much less closely). However, they both have some questionable eating habbits and mom in particular doesnt’ exercise/isnt nearly as active as she once was. Her blood work has impoved though.

That is interesting.
Did you mean to say you didnt see much improvement in yur parents?

Anyway, they are not cheap. I was wondering if it is covered under insurance?