Bio-Oil?

Hey does anyone out there have experience with this stuff? I am interested in trying it but not sure. I realize there are testimonials on their site, but they may be biased oppinions.

[quote]Arc_1mpuls3 wrote:
Hey does anyone out there have experience with this stuff? I am interested in trying it but not sure. I realize there are testimonials on their site, but they may be biased oppinions.[/quote]

I used it when I had a mole removed on my stomach a few months back and there’s virtually no visible scar there at all now. Gets a thumbs up from me.

I read about this recently on a plastic surgery forum and was intrigued. Where can I read more about it? Can it be found in the US?

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
I read about this recently on a plastic surgery forum and was intrigued. Where can I read more about it? Can it be found in the US?[/quote]

I’m not sure Jilly, but if you can get your hands on it, it’s worth every penny. I used to use it as a moisturiser for rough skin patches too, and I have friends who’ve sworn by it for pregnancy stretch marks. Oh and it works wonders for callouses too (just to keep things semi-testosteronish :P)

I just did a Google search. The weird news is that Bio Oil’s main ingredient, PurCellin Oil, is the extract from the “preening gland” of birds, and is available in all pet stores as a bird bath spray for about ten dollars! In fact, it contains most of the same ingredients as Bio Oil! If it’s good enough to spray on your moulting parakeet, would you use it on your skin?

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
I just did a Google search. The weird news is that Bio Oil’s main ingredient, PurCellin Oil, is the extract from the “preening gland” of birds, and is available in all pet stores as a bird bath spray for about ten dollars! In fact, it contains most of the same ingredients as Bio Oil! If it’s good enough to spray on your moulting parakeet, would you use it on your skin?[/quote]
Yo, have you ever seen some of the stuff on the shelves of Chinese herb shops?

(Go to your local Chinatown)…I reckon the bottom line is: Does it work? If so I say use it! (Hell, I’d rub fermented Rhino turds on my love handles if it’d burn off the flab! Pheeww!Funky/:wink: