Bill Starr's 5x5 & CW Booster Shots

Hey Guys I’m doing Bill Starr’s 5x5 and I’m going to add Chad Waterbury’s Booster Shots to my workout. I wanted a 2nd opinion on the movements I have chosen my selected muscles.

Upper back: Narrow stance DB rows and BB narrow stance row

Deltoids: DB shoulder press & push presses

Chest: Incline & decline bench press.

Biceps: DB preacher curl & Standing curl.

Wanted to know if it will be too much as I still want my strength to go up on the 5x5, but want a bit more size.

Thanks for any help.

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE SQUATS ???

Seriously where are they?

What the heck are you doing?

Here’s a tip: drop ALL those exercises and replace them with squats.

I mean, what you have listed is the routine for people who want skinny legs, but HUGE biceps, and chest, and shoulders.

Exactly NOT what you should be trying to do.

Please tell me that squats are actually in there 3x a week. Or at least, squats twice and deadlifts once.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
WHERE THE HELL ARE THE SQUATS ???

Seriously where are they?

What the heck are you doing?

Here’s a tip: drop ALL those exercises and replace them with squats.

I mean, what you have listed is the routine for people who want skinny legs, but HUGE biceps, and chest, and shoulders.

Exactly NOT what you should be trying to do.

Please tell me that squats are actually in there 3x a week. Or at least, squats twice and deadlifts once.

[/quote]

Hey… I am doing BILL STARR’S 5x5, look at my picture…

These are just extra days (Chad Waterburys booster Shots) to Bill Starr’s 5x5 linear version for Intermediate lifters.

Anyone?

Anyone home…

Try it and see how it works for you. The movements should be fine, but you may want different delt lifts, like lateral raises or upright rows so you don’t wear out your triceps.

Side rant:

I don’t understand the mentality that “HUGE biceps, and chest, and shoulders” are “Exactly NOT what you should be trying to do.” So we should be emphasizing building huge legs to the diminishment of our upper bodies? Platz on the bottom, Pitt on the top, is that the new physique ideal? I’m all for heavy, frequent squatting and deadlifting (deads are my favorite lift), but I think huge legs look odd.

I’d rather have a big upper body and taper down, much like the classic physiques. No bird legs, but no Ronnie Coleman legs either. I think that some people have swung the whole “anti-lightbulb” pendulum way too far, emphasizing squats and deads over upper body lifts.

Too many boosters, stick with 2 muscles at a time.