Bill Roberts Leaving PWI

[quote]Dustin wrote:
So who was the poon that actually voiced a complaint over Bill’s posts?

Whoever it was should get the permaban from PWI.[/quote]

Shunning should do the trick…

i.e., ignore!

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
I think it is unknown. I was under the impression that Biotest was reading what people were writing on the PWI forums, and made the decision that Bill should not post anymore. I dont think someone reported him persay.

[/quote]

Okay, gotcha.

I took what Bill said as someone had actually complained to the mods.

Sir William Robetello!

Ok Ok enough names already. Haha

V

I thought he was contractor for Testosterone, not a full fledged employee…Anyway, I understand. If your running a business, you can alienate customers by voice political opinions. I know every time a musician or an actor says something political, it drives me nuts.

If I were the a proprietor of this business, a musician, or what not nobody would no my political views…It’s bad for business.
Nobody at work knows what I think or where I stand politically or religiously, but most of yall do.

He did say he will continue to post in other threads, smart sumbitch he is. His avatar of The King Kenny Roberts brings back fond memories.

I just got word that ZEB is going to leave the forums also. He is not an employee of Biotest, but he has told me he is going to sneak out the back door.

What the crap is going on with all the people over the age of 35 leaving this place? I enjoy our little debates, and getting to know the other side of the story. Makes me think, and I enjoy the honesty, and wisdom the older folks bring to the discussion. Yes we all can get a little pissed off, but we all get over it and move on to the next thread.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
I just got word that ZEB is going to leave the forums also. He is not an employee of Biotest, but he has told me he is going to sneak out the back door.

What the crap is going on with all the people over the age of 35 leaving this place? I enjoy our little debates, and getting to know the other side of the story. Makes me think, and I enjoy the honesty, and wisdom the older folks bring to the discussion. Yes we all can get a little pissed off, but we all get over it and move on to the next thread.[/quote]

Why is he leaving? Some people seem to take this too seriously.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

What the crap is going on with all the people over the age of 35 leaving this place? I enjoy our little debates, and getting to know the other side of the story. Makes me think, and I enjoy the honesty, and wisdom the older folks bring to the discussion. Yes we all can get a little pissed off, but we all get over it and move on to the next thread.[/quote]

Why is he leaving? Some people seem to take this too seriously.[/quote]

I actually think it’s not a bad thing. I have been in PWI for a long time and even though ZEB is a fellow conservative, I think his style of debate really destroys topics. He has a tendancy to nitpick very small details of someones post instead of addressing thier overall message or stream of thought. He is also very calm and annoying which drives people to respond over and over to him, much like the trap bill got himself into. I myself have had similar exchanges with ZEB in the past. You can even venture into the combat section and see how some of those threads go down (he contributes a bit over there). Overall while I think he does have some value he COULD add to the debate, he seems inclined to instead instigate and knock people off topic instead of just fleshing out ideas and thoughts. My.02

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

I actually think it’s not a bad thing. I have been in PWI for a long time and even though ZEB is a fellow conservative, I think his style of debate really destroys topics. He has a tendancy to nitpick very small details of someones post instead of addressing thier overall message or stream of thought. He is also very calm and annoying which drives people to respond over and over to him, much like the trap bill got himself into. I myself have had similar exchanges with ZEB in the past. You can even venture into the combat section and see how some of those threads go down (he contributes a bit over there). Overall while I think he does have some value he COULD add to the debate, he seems inclined to instead instigate and knock people off topic instead of just fleshing out ideas and thoughts. My.02

V[/quote]

Well, if I can’t nitpick things, pick fights, and rile people up, I’m leaving too. =0)

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

I think that is the reason. Taking this too seriously. I have done it in the past, and will continue in the future. Trying to take it down a notch myself. I enjoy discussing topics, but my faith is the one topic I can not back away from. When someone calls themselves a Christian, but obviously hates Christ, I am going to take that very seriously. When someone tells me they are not a Christian I will take a step back and be calm. I think some people just take everything too seriously, and make a mountain out of a mole hill. My $0.02.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

I think that is the reason. Taking this too seriously. I have done it in the past, and will continue in the future. Trying to take it down a notch myself. I enjoy discussing topics, but my faith is the one topic I can not back away from. When someone calls themselves a Christian, but obviously hates Christ, I am going to take that very seriously. When someone tells me they are not a Christian I will take a step back and be calm. I think some people just take everything too seriously, and make a mountain out of a mole hill. My $0.02.[/quote]

Just as a disclaimer, people should take into account that I’m smirking when I make most of my posts in this forum.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

I’m out, too, until Bill starts posting here again.

Ciao.

Whoever complained to make Bill want to leave, please buy a lifetime supply of Alpha Male, since you lack the nutsack to stand their and take criticism even when you dish it out, willingly coming to a politically stirring forum on your own accord. How about you being a box of e-kleenex when you arrive into this forum. For the most part, alot of us talk shit, but all with a humorous tone to it. I cannot believe someone would be so offended to chase people off like this. The pussification of American has now landed in PWI.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Whoever complained to make Bill want to leave, please buy a lifetime supply of Alpha Male, since you lack the nutsack to stand their and take criticism even when you dish it out, willingly coming to a politically stirring forum on your own accord. How about you being a box of e-kleenex when you arrive into this forum. For the most part, alot of us talk shit, but all with a humorous tone to it. I cannot believe someone would be so offended to chase people off like this. The pussification of American has now landed in PWI. [/quote]

x2. Good posters are leaving, and it sucks.

I understand the business reasons behind it, and I really hope Bill comes back. And all you other posters, too. Buncha chicken little girls.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Whoever complained to make Bill want to leave, please buy a lifetime supply of Alpha Male, since you lack the nutsack to stand their and take criticism even when you dish it out, willingly coming to a politically stirring forum on your own accord. How about you being a box of e-kleenex when you arrive into this forum. For the most part, alot of us talk shit, but all with a humorous tone to it. I cannot believe someone would be so offended to chase people off like this. The pussification of American has now landed in PWI. [/quote]

x2. Good posters are leaving, and it sucks.

I understand the business reasons behind it, and I really hope Bill comes back. And all you other posters, too. Buncha chicken little girls.[/quote]

Damn, girls are postin over here now. This place really is turning into a real vagina fest. I’m friggin leavin too.

V

J/K PMPM. :wink:

I think these are all just unfounded rumors.

What I think really happened is that Bill finally realized he was an anarchist and just cannot bear the thought of losing face.

It’s okay, Bill, you’re among good company here.

:slight_smile:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

It’s also a pussy move to leave because of some internet persona. I understand Bill’s position - apparently he’s an employee of Biotest (which I was unaware of). But anyone else leaving because they get into some internet cat fights is a pussy, too.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

It’s also a pussy move to leave because of some internet persona. I understand Bill’s position - apparently he’s an employee of Biotest (which I was unaware of). But anyone else leaving because they get into some internet cat fights is a pussy, too.
[/quote]

Ok Nevermind then, I’m not leaving. There are you happy?

V

I am one of the oldest members of this board. Been around since before there was a print subscription to TESTOSTERONE. Still have those old issues in the workout room.

I personally do more reading than posting. When I do post, I try to have something to say.

I tend to stay in the PWI forum. Bill is one of the main reasons (as well as Zeb). If he takes the time to post, he usually has something to say that is worth reading. I do not always agree with him, but even when I don’t I have to fully examine my position in context.

It is fitting that Alpha Female summed up my feelings the best. “This is a place where men can still be men.”

At least it was. If the whines of some sniveling wimp(s) are enough to push the management of this site to as much as suggest that Bill, or anyone else for that matter, reframe from posting here, well then it has just become another victim of the PC police and therefore unworthy of my time or patronage.

Something else that the powers that be might consider. It seems to be that a great deal of the posters on this forum that tend to lean libertarian and conservative are those with level 4 under their names (paying customers). The majority of “Kumbaya” singing liberals seem to have level 0 under their names.

I would not ask that any of the “anti-Bills” be hushed or silenced. On a site named TESTOSTERONE I would expect the floor to be open to all, and that each man’s (or woman’s) opinion to stand on its own merit.

I would personally like some clarification from the management of T Nation. Is this company going the way of Bill Philips (MM2K)? As my dad used to tease, “If your scared, say your scared.” If not, take a stand and let it be known.

While my departure would hardly have the effect of that of Zeb or Bill, I personally would rather leave than participate in the hypocrisy of a “hard core” men’s forum that would censure any member’s opinions, regardless of their affiliation.