Bill Roberts Get an Avatar!

Stained Glass Art: Yellow is an interesting and suitable color for you since it symbolizes intellectual energy.
According to my interior design degree - which I though was useless, as per personal opinion.

I was wondering what you’d think of the PDQ Bach one…

Let alone the above joke, which was horrible.

This is a most curious thread because of all this time I have read your name I thought:

It is a good thing he does not have an avatar since I cannot thing of something that would really picture him.

Would be great if you could have a separate one for the political forum since this is how I see you:
Stealth and deadly.
And sometimes RELENTLESS in bombing with knowledge!

Actually, for a serious avatar somewhat (somewhat) along the same lines, there’s a line drawing of JS Bach as a young man that is quite striking. But it’s been years since I’ve seen it, and it would probably be far too hard or impossible to find it on a webpage.

Btw, did you know that JS Bach either got into a sword fight as a young man or challenged someone with a sword? I forget which. Just an odd interesting fact.

(EDIT: Hadn’t seen the stealth bomber post when writing)

The right pic of the B2 would make a great avatar.

So this would be the art Stealth avatar for the PWI

OR OR…

MIGs!!!

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

Let alone the above joke, which was horrible.[/quote]

I fail to find a single joke in this thread, so I went on to dictionary.com to check if the definition had changed… nope

I love this one also!

That is what I mean…so many different aspects of your nature…

More later! I really have to go!!

[quote]MangoMan305 wrote:

I fail to find a single joke in this thread, so I went on to dictionary.com to check if the definition had changed… nope[/quote]

Well, is it wrong to call a joke horrible if it was so poor it could not even be recognized as a joke?

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
OR OR…

MIGs!!![/quote]

I’ll have to find a pic of the North American Aviation XB-70 Valkyrie.

It was intended to be able to bomb Russia from about 75,000 feet at a speed of over Mach 3. It never went into production, as the Soviets developed surface-to-air missiles that could have defeated it.

I think the avatar suites him for some reason.

If using a Valkyrie pic as an avatar, I’d use this one.

She was not exactly underpowered.

I fail to find a single joke in this thread, so I went on to dictionary.com to check if the definition had changed… nope[/quote]

Well, is it wrong to call a joke horrible if it was so poor it could not even be recognized as a joke?[/quote]

No

o�·pin�·ion
â??noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

joke
â??noun
something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankishact

Now tell me which one best fits my first post.

EDIT: Actually they both fit -_-

In this pic, the wingtips are fully folded down (they are partially folded in the first pic.) The XB-70 had this feature because at high speeds it employed compression lift, and the center of lift would have moved backwards had the wing area not been reduced. Also, increasing vertical surface area near the tail aided stability at high supersonic speed.

The later near-equivalent is the swing-wing, as employed for example in the B-1 and many fighter aircraft including the F-14 and MiG-23. This method also reduces wing area and moves center of lift aft, but doesn’t increase vertical surface area – however those aircraft do not need that.

Well, is it wrong to call a joke horrible if it was so poor it could not even be recognized as a joke?[/quote]

No

o�?�·pin�?�·ion
�¢??noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

joke
�¢??noun
something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankishact

EDIT: Actually they both fit -_-[/quote]

Well, when one has to explain humor, it’s pretty bad, but for example, the worst/wurst thing qualifies as being a joke, even if horrible.

No

o�??�??�?�·pin�??�??�?�·ion
�??�?�¢??noun

joke
�??�?�¢??noun

EDIT: Actually they both fit -_-[/quote]

Well, when one has to explain humor, it’s pretty bad, but for example, the worst/wurst thing qualifies as being a joke, even if horrible.[/quote]

Maybe I ought to rephrase it to “Your avatar sucks” and your vendetta towards my never meant to be a joke will be quenched.

You remind me of the grammar police except for jokes.

Actually I really have no idea what your objection to my reply was, but, whatever.

In conclusion, I was never trying to be funny as you implied.

I just respectfully do not like your avatar. It bothers me for some reason.

P.S I still have respect for you and you’re contributions to this forum.

Thanks for the avatar, my job as sponge will be much easier now that I can spot the leaks with greater precision.