Bill Roberts Get an Avatar!

Usually when I look through topics, I tend to hone in on the members who I know are experienced or intelligent. I also find myself looking not for the screen names of these members, but for their avatar.

Hmmm… where are the Prof X posts in this thread? Should I look for the freaking tiny little name or the picture of a huge dude that says X on it? You get my point, I’m sure… The same goes for BBB, Bonez, TD, and many others…

I was just in a thread where I saw a bunch of avatar-less guys posting after a MightyStu post, so I started scrolling down and just happen to catch a glimpse of Bill’s name and scrolled back up to read.

Might sound like a small thing, but I know I’ve missed his posts before and I think it would be a huge favor to the T-Nation crowd if he put up a giant avatar saying BILL ROBERTS or something.

Learn to read?

I can see where some people can scan more rapidly for pictures than for text.

The only thought that comes to mind at the moment is a picture of PDQ Bach, but I don’t have one.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
I can see where some people can scan more rapidly for pictures than for text.

The only thought that comes to mind at the moment is a picture of PDQ Bach, but I don’t have one.[/quote]

I agree. When I am mindlessly scanning, I do hone in on certain members through sight of their avatar.

[quote]TheBigV wrote:
Usually when I look through topics, I tend to hone in on the members who I know are experienced or intelligent. I also find myself looking not for the screen names of these members, but for their avatar.

Hmmm… where are the Prof X posts in this thread? Should I look for the freaking tiny little name or the picture of a huge dude that says X on it? You get my point, I’m sure… The same goes for BBB, Bonez, TD, and many others…

I was just in a thread where I saw a bunch of avatar-less guys posting after a MightyStu post, so I started scrolling down and just happen to catch a glimpse of Bill’s name and scrolled back up to read.

Might sound like a small thing, but I know I’ve missed his posts before and I think it would be a huge favor to the T-Nation crowd if he put up a giant avatar saying BILL ROBERTS or something.[/quote]

This is all so true.

It’s not fair 'cause dudes clearly a very smart guy, and his posts are full of good info.

Well, thanks!

Of course, now people will say I have a stupid avatar, but oh well.

Wow, Bill has a stupid avatar.

Well, thanks!

Of course, now people will say I have a stupid avatar, but oh well.[/quote]

I can’t say I’m not disappointed. I was hoping you’d go for a William Shatner-themed avatar. Instead you opted for a chubby guy in a wig. So near and yet so far…

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Wow, Bill has a stupid avatar.[/quote]

It’s way cooler than a picture of two tigers singing a Sonny & Chear duet.

[quote]roybot wrote:

Well, thanks!

I can’t say I’m not disappointed. I was hoping you’d go for a William Shatner-themed avatar. Instead you opted for a chubby guy in a wig. So near and yet so far…
[/quote]

A suitable Kirk pic could have been a reasonable choice.

I liked the PDQ Bach idea both on account of finding his stuff very funny, and as Schickele explained it, "I’m sure that many of you know that Robert Schumann, when he first became acquainted with the music of Brahms, wrote in his magazine, ‘Hats off gentlemen: a genius.’

“In the next issue, before the publication of which the music of PDQ Bach became known to him, he wrote, ‘Hats back on gentlemen: an idiot.’”

I did have in mind a picture of him looking more soused than that, but this is what I was able to find.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Wow, Bill has a stupid avatar.[/quote]

It’s way cooler than a picture of two tigers singing a Sonny & Chear duet.[/quote]

Maybe.

But, the bastard on the right can hit the high notes!

I did have in mind a picture of him looking more soused than that, but this is what I was able to find.[/quote]

The important thing is that you have an avatar now. Now I know what to look for.

Ah, the power of art.

:wink:

I’ve been preaching that for a while now. CC still hasn’t put one up. I thought for sure he’d crack under the pressure of my last thread.

Well, thanks!

I love the new avatar, it helps me find your posts, and also says I wanna be formal but I still like to party.

He finally gets an avatar and its the worst of all time.

No: for a worst avatar, I could have used this.

A suitable Kirk pic could have been a reasonable choice.
[/quote]

This is my first choice on account of isolating the eyes, symbolizing FOCUSED VISIONARY.
Which is your essence, as per personal observation.
And the blue and the red representing both hot and cool.