Bill Maher for President

- YouTube

“religion is bad, drugs are good”

Finally a campaign I would endorse

He is my favorite for a reason.

Aside from the lead up to the Iraq War when he was endorsing it, I have never disagreed with a thing he’s said in ten years.

I’ve always thought of him as a funny. liberal version of O’Reilly. He’s great on TV, but I’m not sure his ability to wax sarcastic about all things conservative makes him instantly electable.

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
I’ve always thought of him as a funny. liberal version of O’Reilly. He’s great on TV, but I’m not sure his ability to wax sarcastic about all things conservative makes him instantly electable.[/quote]

I used to dream about being the one Conservative he invites on per show.

One thing is for certain, he wouldn’t shout me down.

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Cunnivore wrote:
I’ve always thought of him as a funny. liberal version of O’Reilly. He’s great on TV, but I’m not sure his ability to wax sarcastic about all things conservative makes him instantly electable.

I used to dream about being the one Conservative he invites on per show.

One thing is for certain, he wouldn’t shout me down.

JeffR

[/quote]

Yeah, it’s a great show. Get Maher, a fucking off-the-wall California liberal, an undereducated liberal, and a mainstream liberal, and then get the conservative version of Alan Colmes on who won’t defend themselves and degrade everything they say. All the while knowing that your LA fruityloops crowd will cheer on everything you say and boo everything the conservative says.

A real tough guy.

What a joke.

[quote]eternalnoob wrote:

“religion is bad, drugs are good”

Finally a campaign I would endorse

[/quote]

Hey, why wait? Move to the Netherlands, where your national accomplishments could be listed as (in order of importance):

1. Perfected black slavery

2. Dykes

3. Tallest people on earth

4. van Leuewnhoek

I liked him about ten years ago, when he was more of a cranky libertarian than an orthodox Democrat. Sadly Iraq made him feel like he had to choose a team, and that plus the strident atheism makes him far less funny.