Bikini Prep: Road to Vegas

Back
Uni CR Row
Uni Lat Pulldown
PG Cable Row
Machine Pullover
Cable Back Fly
Dum Back Fly

Not the greatest pump but we got the work in. Also Pullovers are up there in over rated ness as far as exercises go.

Dumbell Chest Flys - Pointless. Strength curve is small and on the wrong end of what 95% of people probably actually need/want.

Dumbell Pullovers - Same crap strength curve and is this pecs or lats? I can tell you what it isnt doing and that is expanding your rib cage. Machine pullovers have more merit (fixes the strength curve) but there are a ton of better lat movements.

Shrugs - The Quarter Squat of Rows. You want traps grab a barbell and do some deads, then some rows. Powerlifters very consistently have proportionately much larger traps than BBers and very few do shrugs. Ironically I think it has more merit as a deadlift accessory rather than a trap builder.

Wrist Curls - Yea, there a ton of better and more fun ways to build forearms. The gentlemen know what I am talking about. Deadlifts obv.

Having said that if you like any of those or feel you get something out of them then go nuts.

OK time to eat
that I just did but am still hungry.

1 Like

I think Cailer Woollam is a proponent of shrugs as a deadlift accessory, so you’re in good company!

1 Like

I did some light shrugs the other day and was thinking to myself “what is the point”, might’ve got a bit out of them but never got much out of them, especially with a barbell.

1 Like

He was who I was thinking about actually, George Leeman might have as well but not sure.

But we get so much more out of Barbell Rows!!!

2 Likes

Supergirl Season 5 Episode 1: YOU JERKS!!! SPOILER: I really liked that Lena and Supergirl were friends. Aside from I just think its a cooler show with those 2 as a team Supergirl had its own identity from Superman. Now it is just as if the entire Superman show had sex changes. I only watched the first episode so lets see how this goes but yea, kind of annoyed.

Boobies
VCG Bench 3x6 at 255
CG Incline 7 at 275 / 10 at 225
Cale Fly

Not the greatest of pumps because I relearned how to Very Close Grip Bench so that 3x6 was super easy and then my delt started acting up a smidge so that took away from the pump too. On the plus side my wrist is healthy enough to be comp benching but I will still wait until next Thrusday.

OK time to work eat etc before going back in later for delts.

Holy shit. These moms are bad ass. If anybody doubts what a Mom does try it for a day.

PM Workout: Delts
Rev Pec Dec
Front Raise
Lateral Raise
Rev Pec Dec Burner Sets

Short and sweet.

LOL Watching Tom Hanks try to open a coconut
almost as smart as a monkey :smiley:

GUNZ BABY!!!
Hammer Curl Superset Dum Crusher 3x15 with 5s
EZ Curl 5s at 75-95
Rev Grip EZ Tri Ext
Uni Preacher
Uni Rope Tri Ext
Barbell Curl

Forearms, elbows and Bicep insertions all felt a bit beat up. The bicep insertions actually started hurting last Saturday probably because of that overshoot. I am going to back off the intensity for a bit, probably permanently.

It looks like my right arm could be growing faster than left. I havent measured but it looks that way.

Because of all that above I will most likely be adjusting my arm training after the 4 week mark. I want to finish this 4 week block as is but most likely I will start training Arms 3 times a week and emphasize more unilateral work.

OK time to eat and work. Only one workout today so that is a much needed easy day. Pretty much my entire body had DOMS yesterday which I think is a strong indication I may have been overtraining. (and will most likely continue to do so LOL)

1 Like

Enola Holmes: Loved it Insanely awesome cast with Millie and Helena. Superman was in it too. I think Millie will be our generations Meryl Streep.

Quads
Quad X 3x20 at super light
Squats 5x10 at 135
Ham Curl
Quad X

I think I fixed my quad injury today. The squats werent pain free but it got better as the workout went on. I think something was pinched or what not and it just needed to be worked out. I will see tomorrow and Monday if I fixed it or not.

Skipped deads because I just wanted that stupid pump and I got it.

OK time to grind.

1 Like

AM Stats:
Blood Sugar 88 (awesome)
Weight 101.95kg (eeehhhhhhh)

Boobies
VCG Bench 3x6 at 265
CG Incline Bench 10 at 225
Cable Fly

Shit workout. Everything off. Wrist was acting up. Had a knot in my chest so I went with my lighter workout after doing about 3x the normal warm up sets. The switch of days was inevitable. Also dealing with some mild cramping because I ate pretty much no potassium yesterday so that was fun.

I may or may not go in later for back or just skip it altogether.

On the plus side of everything eating and 2 a days has me sleeping like a baby that sleeps through the night. Very awesome.

AM Stats:
Blood Sugar 105 (after one cheat meal)
Weight 101.95kg (saved by lactose intolerance)

Yea so I had some icecream yesterday and my fasted sugar spiked. Its not like I was still full either. I woke up hungry. Just one day, one cheat, imagine how terrible it is for the people who eat like that every day? Yea but sugar isnt a problem.

Biceps
Alt Dum Curl Warmup 3x15 w/ 5s
EZ Curl
2x8 w/ 65lbs
3x10 w/ 45lbs
Uni Preacher
Incline Dum Curl

So delts were hurting, wrist not great, forearm not great so I made some adjustments and will going forward. I wanted to wait until this block was over but honestly I think the best thing I can do going forward is just make sure I can keep pushing volume.

Also skipped Triceps because they havent felt great all week. Next week I take much better care of recovery.

New Gun Workout:

Hammer Curl / Dum Crusher Warmup
Uni Preacher Curl 10s
Uni Tricep Rope Ext 10s
EZ Curl 12s
Rev Grip EZ Tricep Ext 12s
Incline Dum Curl 15s

Changes made to make it easier on Delts / Wrists / Forearms and more unilateral work. Also probably less over all volume and definitely less intensity.

No need to imagine - I live it! (But don’t check my blood sugar levels - ignorance is bliss
 And immanent diabetes in this case).

1 Like

This is a lot of my family’s stance as well. Diabetes has a significant genetic component even for those pushing the sweets.

1 Like

Both my parents recently hit pre diabetic status (mid 60s) so I did l should probably sort it out!

1 Like

You absolutely should!! The thing is it is 95% diet and you already have the training part down.

1 Like

This is true, my diets better than it used to be, I just enjoy a lot of sugary treats too!

1 Like

Just keep doing this. I love the sugar too.

1 Like

AM Stats:
101.95kg
95 Blood Sugar

Despite more cheats my weight didnt go up and my blood sugar improved. I didnt even wake up hungry which was worrisome.

Leftovers
Cable Pullover (Warmup)
Hammer Lat Pulldown
Rev Pec Dec
Rope Tri Ext
Unilateral Cable Tricep Ext

This was a clinic on mind muscle connection. My lats were on fire. Then my posterior delts got fried. And lastly by the time I finished those 2 tricep exercises taking my headphones off was the hardest thing I did all workout.

I am going to push the food and naps a bit more next week. That should help with recovery and I do think I am seeing some progress especially in my posterior delts and inexplicably in my lats. Probably because despite back training being low on my priorities I am deadlifting twice a week.

OK so now off to Buffalo Wild Wings for a big ass burger and the noon oclock games. I got some couch change on the Bills, Pats and Texans. Not sports betting for significant money has been wonderful for life.

1 Like

Have you always been able to nap? I’m trying to learn

I learned in my old age from my wife. So old dogs can learn new tricks!!! :sunglasses:

Any tips?